What's new

Never cloned before

Nothing the only thing i did was foiler feed. With light food. did not hurt the other and it was not the feeding that turned them black. it started right away burned the center of the clone and the big leaves still green put brittle

:blowbubbles: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Go back and read my last edited post-

then:

I wouldn't foliar feed - cuttings are not plants - they are in recovery from surgury - and till they have roots, and are clearly back into growth phase; need to be treated with kid gloves.

Big lights and co2 and nutes - all promote leaf growth. (top side growth)

Sounds like they need to be left alone, off on the side until you see real growth - then AND ONLY THEN, SLOWLY reintroduce them to the regiment.

It's ok for them to yellow some - and for the lower leaves to turn brown gradually, - that is how the plant gets food - from it's self.

Last I checked - you were doing fine, if you change what you are doing and they get worse - they prolly didn't need what you thought they did.

Winter lowers humidity too - my 4SD sprouts, like a dome a few time during the day - and they have roots, but they are young and learning to adjust. They may survive without a dome but they are better with a cover occasionally.
So just because they don't die - dosen't mean they are doing their best,

See i knew it was my fault. I had a feeling it was feeding them it looked like food burn. I would bet the rapid rooter cups hold the food like the sponges they are too. :comfort:

I will try putting them under the dome a little next time. :tiphat:

I was able to get most of my clones, into dirt in 2 weeks or less. Healing only took a few days after that. :dance013:

Very cool :dance013: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles: :blowbubbles:

cliffy

Overthinkin' stuff can be your worst enemy sometimes. Not that anyone asked but this is how I do it. Works EVERY time.

Take cut from medium to small sized branch/put in soilless mix in clear cup then clear cup in colored/light proof cup.

Cut larger leaves in half.

Mist them down 1 or 2 times a day with plain water and throw a dome over them with vents closed. And don't take that damn dome off until you see roots!

By day 7 or 8 I pull the clear cup out of the colored one and there's already roots touching the side of the clear cup.

ski_phan

Don't post much but I have had 100% success rate cloning this way.

Start with a container like this one.http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-7-Qt-Latch-Box-Green-Glaze-Set-of-14/13376573#Specifications

then an air pump http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Whisper-Air-Pump-1-ct/10291813

that can connect two of these http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=air+stones&um=1&biw=1440&bih=781&ie=UTF-8&cid=11508261423939803538&ei=0zXnTNK6A8imnQfdlJjUDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CHgQ8wIwAg#

Then I drill holes in the top of the container one slot for each clone. I do six at a time so I use a smaller container.

fill with water and turn on the air stones. then take your cuttings and clean up the stem of the clone. I usually leave 1-2 fan leaves and a well formed growth shoot.

Then just drop in in the slot and in a week or so roots will start growing. I use soil so i carefully pull the clone and roots out and fill the soil in around the roots. I use moist soil and don't water for a day or so.

With in a week or so of transplanting into soil they are off and running.

I will repost what I do from page 1. This is 100% success rate doing it this way.

no nutes needed. just clip, clean, drop in the water and plant in soil 1 week later.

they establish in the soil in just a few days wit moist soil. Do not water until the soil is DRY DRY DRY from the initial transplant. Then water. don't feed for 2 weeks after transplanting it doesn't need it so why push it?

Also I do this all with on 100watt cfl per cloner container.

you want less light help root growth and establishment.

RadMan

I will repost what I do from page 1. This is 100% success rate doing it this way.

no nutes needed. just clip, clean, drop in the water and plant in soil 1 week later.

they establish in the soil in just a few days wit moist soil. Do not water until the soil is DRY DRY DRY from the initial transplant. Then water. don't feed for 2 weeks after transplanting it doesn't need it so why push it?

Also I do this all with on 100watt cfl per cloner container.

you want less light help root growth and establishment.

I like cheap and simple stoopid :)..

Couple of questions from a newbie, if you don't mind...

Do you fill the container to the top so the stems are totally submerged and what do you clean the stem with?

Cheers and TIA..

I like cheap and simple stoopid
smile.gif

Couple of questions from a newbie, if you don't mind...

Do you fill the container to the top so the stems are totally submerged and what do you clean the stem with?

Cheers and TIA..

Curious about this myself. CLEAN? How and why do you clean them?

:blowbubbles:

ski_phan

Curious about this myself. CLEAN? How and why do you clean them?

:blowbubbles:

yeah clean is the wrong word.

When I say clean, I mean clip off lower fan leaves and shoots from the clipping to leave a stem a few inches long that can slide into the top where you made a hole.

the water level of the container is near the top. high enough for the 'cleaned' stem to be partially submerged. the clipping rests in the hole on the lowest fan leaf and or growth shoot.

Also you will want to blackout the container if clear to minimize the light getting into the container.

I transplant when roots are 2-6" long. I carefully pull the clone out of the slot and transplant into soil. The hole drilled for each clone needs to be big enough to account for the roots when removing the clone from the container. slightly smaller than a dime in width should work just fine depending on the size of the initial clipping.

Latest posts

Latest posts