What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada County MMJ Grow Ordinance

FreedomGrower

Veteran
:thank you:

Attachments

• vote.jpg
    vote.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14

FreedomGrower

Veteran
I have some starts ready ... but my greenhouse has 99 6 foot tomatoes in it :p Guess you can't call me an optimist sometimes ... allot of people think they will only allow 100sqft still outside ...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
The county’s suggested regulations call for a maximum of six plants on 2 to 5 acres, and 16 plants on more than 20 acres. ASA’s recommendations for agricultural, forest and timberland production zones call for 12 plants on property up to 5 acres, 18 plants on property up to 10 acres and 50 plants on 20 or more acres. County Counsel Alison Barratt-Green said she feared an ordinance that allowed large grows could trigger the California Environmental Quality Act, called CEQA. The act requires local governments to identify environmental impacts and mitigate them, if necessary.
Barratt-Green said that limiting the number of plants allowed under the ordinance could exempt it from the CEQA process. A 50-plant allowance could trigger the act, she said. Grow supporters also chafed at a proposed monetary fine for having plants over the allowed amount. Jonathan Collier, chairman of the Nevada County California Growers Association, noted growers already were about halfway through the grow season. He suggested delaying any fines until next year. http://www.theunion.com/news/226815...mittee-discusses-proposed-grow-regulations-in

Latest posts

Latest posts