What's new

Neptune's Harvest and Organic Gem

C

CT Guy

Can anyone comment on experience with these products?

Any Pro/Cons on the two? Any other brands that are certified organic that you'd consider?

I've been talking with the Organic Gem guys and looking at carrying their fish hydolysate for farmers as part of a comprehensive organic program. They seem legit and their certification and msds are all up to speed. I was just wondering about growing experience.

What size do you guys buy it in if you do use it? I'm looking at giant totes for farmers, but was looking into the 5 gal. bucket size as well. Just curious.....thanks!

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've tested it and found it almost as good as Pacific Bio (only available in BC).I think I still have video logs I can send you.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
CT Guy

I spoke with the factory rep from Neptune's Harvest at the recent nursery stock trade show.

RE: Seaweed Kelp - they get their kelp meal from 'a company in Nova Scotia' which also provides them with 'soluble powdered seaweed extract' - that should ring a bell.

RE: Humates - they get their humates from 'a company in Pennsylvania and the product name is SP-85' which will probably ring another bell for you.

Very nice folks and pretty open and upfront about their products.

Earth Fortification in Corvallis, Oregon used to carry their fish products. They've not switched to another product under their own name/label.

HTH

CC

zappa66

can i get this at the nursery or hydro store? it seems like i havent seen it anywhere
I live in the north east and NH is the only organic line in my area (nursery), I have been using the fish and seaweed (I think its 2-3-1) for this last grow, works fine.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Yea ive seen most of the neptunes harvest line at a few of the local nurseries n garden centers around my area. I got the Fish & seaweed one and the Seaweed by itself. Great products and organic too!

C

CT Guy

Any other ideas on Organic Gem? Anyone used it besides Microbeman (I'll chat with you about that early next week)?

I know Neptune's is a popular brand, but I'm curious to see how Organic Gem holds up.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
CT Guy

Give this product a try - Hi-Crop out of Anacortes, WA. It costs $14.50 per gallon and $49.99 for 5 gallons.

I've used this product for over 2 years with great results.

Then again I don't have a microscope so your opinion would be helpful.

CC

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CT Guy

Give this product a try - Hi-Crop out of Anacortes, WA. It costs $14.50 per gallon and $49.99 for 5 gallons.

CC

I contacted the Hi-Crop rep in Yelm and she said they don't make enough to sell in bulk. huh?

C

CT Guy

CT Guy

CC

That's really cheap, those are wholesale/distributor prices for the other fish brands. I'll look into it though, it can't hurt. I'm looking at ordering by the tote for farmers though and drop shipping the stuff in large quantities. I'll see what they say though...

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMO Neptune's Harvest products are the best bottled nutes you can buy.
I like to bubble some worm casting tea with molasses for about 24 hours. Pour in the NH and use it right away. Very low odor.
Burn1

so so so, how do you guys store your neptune?
ive got a little hand me down thats been stashed in my alt. fridge...
does it go bad otherwise?
or get better?
and is there a preferred method of preperation? i just poor it in my water and fill up
am i messin up?

and heres another one
how does seeweed emulsion or whatever it is effect the taste of the crop,, cause i can def smell it on the babies when i water em with that, strait kelp smell, no herb smell
and what determines the plants to give of smell cause sometimes mine smell and sometimes not

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have never had a plant taste or smell like guano, fish, kelp, dolomite, worm castings or anything else I put into my soil.
Look up for the answer to your first question.
Burn1

so so so, how do you guys store your neptune?
ive got a little hand me down thats been stashed in my alt. fridge...
does it go bad otherwise?
or get better?
and is there a preferred method of preperation? i just poor it in my water and fill up
am i messin up?

Just keep mine in the fridge, fill up a jug add my neptune's to it, stir, and feed:yes:
Great results thus far, but the shit REEKS.

snowman06

I got a gallon of neptunes. its says use every 2-3 weeks but I find myself using it once or twice a week with no burn. seems to work great but brings the racoons around.

maryjohn

Veteran
If you use it twice a week you are going to burn. Burn your wallet!

Ok it's not that expensive, but how much fish juice do you figure the microherd is consuming in a week? The raccoons have your answer.

How long before the raccoons conspire to steal your stash?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and heres another one
how does seeweed emulsion or whatever it is effect the taste of the crop,

well if that was true, alot of people would be say there strain is the shit ( bat shit, cow shit, lamma shit, chicken shit.. )