What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

clowntown

Veteran
Didn't see this one coming, after all that "gonna take a backseat" thing! :D Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy and productive.

I take it that the SR71 HS is Hindu Kush x Skunk #1, same as the PoG? How does it compare to the PoG so far?

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
9807recon1-thumb.JPG

Hiya Neptune :wave:
Hey, fab room update - I like what you did with the place!

Looks ready to rock and roll again... leaning back in my armchair peepin your ladies - gonna try to learn somethin... :D

Budweiser13

lookin good Neptune i always dig your grows. So are you pushing air through your light hoods or are you pulling? Do your lights stay vey cool, with that setup? :wave:

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Day 9 bloom

Day 9 bloom

Hard to believe it's already been 10 days, they grow up so fast!

Ebb&Grow
9807ebb_growd9.JPG

What I am noticing here is that the plants love this system. They are very healthy, without any over stretching or other problems. This crop is on FloraNova Bloom @ 700ppm. I may be using more of this sauce in the future..

Verticle 600w
9807Verticle9d.JPG

The Nexus had to be totally removed unfortunatly, they got so damn big so quick that the ladies were very crowded. I now have 6 plants, around the bulb in 5 gal. nursery containers, and I feel 7 would be the ideal number in the future... for plants of this size. If starting plants from clones, perhaps ~9 3 gallon pots would be best. Good news is that the Nexus are exploding outdoors in the sun... Verticle is looking good so far, but I wish I had started the plants shorter... we shall see!

Tables
9807tables9d.JPG

9807purplekushd9.JPG

9807HinduSkunkd9.JPG

The tables are where I really have a lot of experience and expectations. The Purple Kush is growing as expected, much like my previous crop of GDP. Slow and Steady as she goes.. There is one misplaced Trainwreck in there that replaced a sick PK. The SR71 Hindu Skunk is a fire ball. She is explosive in every way... she already STANKS to high heaven at 10 days in, and she has crossed 2 ft. tall at day 10, with 11 more days to stretch.. Is this the coco? my nute regime? or the strain? I generally like shorter plants, but these sprinters do have a place in the garden if you are ready for them. She has taken me by surprise and I will have to trim her several more times to keep the undergrowth to a minimum. I a 4-7 day veg for this clone is recomended.

The Pot of Gold I have has been with me for two years, and as such is slightly aclimated/mutated. She looks very different now than from my old pics and the Hindu Skunk reminds me of what she used to be. She(pog) grows much slower now and puts out tiny nodes and little bitty leaves everywhere as she grows/streches. She could have a virus for all I know. I will have to reserve judgement if they are the same cut until later, but right now I would lean twords a 'no, not the same cut.' Don't get me wrong, the POG is still a yeilder but has to be vegged a little now, and she likes to be topped these days../shrug

The Hindu Skunk doesn't really need to veg for tables, and this is a powerful thing. She may replace the Pot of Gold, who knows? For now, everything is singing but I am worried about the stretch on the HinduSkunk...4ft plants suck when you have a 600w over them.. bah! :)

budweiser I'm pushing air through, it is pulled from outside. closed circuit, with leaks leaking into my room.

mr greenjeeans always good to have you here my friend, take it easy and keep in touch.

clowntown/meduser I hope I answered both your questions... more will be known at the end, but I will say again that the Hindu Skunk is an explosive plant in veg and bloom. Very vigerous.

boristheblaze Coco will probably end up replacing the rockwool tables, it's a great medium. I see only one disadvantage to coco growing over my rockwool slabs and that is that the coco pots are taller than my slabs, thus it is very hard to flush them with the pump. I will have to hand-pour PH'd water over each coco pot to rinse the top salts down. This is a PITA that I wish to avoid in the future. With the RW slabs, I just have to flood the trays several times with PH'd water and viola, it's flushed and ready for a fresh res change. I think with shorter coco pots that can be totally flooded, this problem will go away.. but then you lose root space. So, an Ideal coco pot would be less than 6 inches tall, but very wide for larger root space... and floodability. see?

until next time,
-nept

G

The Nexus had to be totally removed unfortunatly, they got so damn big so quick that the ladies were very crowded

oh the irony of the nexus ...

that big growth comes from the ssh mother

:rasta: nice room, btw

peace ... star crash

B

Brain

Good going Neptune! Your threads are always informative and entertaining. Good luck!

N

Neptune

Thanks Brain! Good to see ya pal!
I'll take some shots of them outdoors Star, you'll like to see what I am talking about.. ;)

Budweiser13

Thanks neptune for the answers. hey would your light cooling setup cool 1000 watters? I know you have 600's in there now. Also how does the muffler work being on the pulling side of the fan I have seen them mostly on the other side the pushing side does it matter.............. :wave:

pico

Veteran
Very nice. I got 20 bucks on the floranova.

Suprised you have to run your sulphur burner so much. A few burns really knocked it back for me. I also started having the problem when I changed my room from sealed to having intake and exaust. The plants around the property had PM and the spores came in my intake through the filter even. I changed back to sealed room and got the Santa Fe 100 pint dehumidifier and ran the sulphur burner a few times and my problem went away. Santa Fe is awesome, replaces 2 or 3 regular dehumidifiers with the electricity usage of 1.

Hope that sulphur does the trick for ya.

-pico

N

Neptune

resinryder so far so good, but the real test is in the bud and cola formations... lets see if it can beat my 600w beasts ey? ;)

Pico do you have a link to the Santa Fe? I want one ^_^ My RH is in the 80s right now, with all these extra plants and reservoirs in the room... I'm in deep shit come budrot season. help! :(
I burned sulfer from day 0 veg through day 7 bloom, total of 24 days. I don't see any PM right now, but I am also spraying Serenade and sm-90 every few days. I really really don't ever want to see PM again. The Floranova is crazy-amazing-good. I am also really liking the Pureblend Pro, esentially both are 1 parts. Awesome.

budweiser no, I don't recomend a single 8" 750cfm for 4000w. 2 8" fans should do it. A duct muffler should always be on the intake...all the noise of a fan (or a jet engine and most turbines for that matter) is from the intake. So if you want to abate noise... that's the end to work on. Insulated duct works almost as good, but this device makes my fan a whisper.

clowntown she could use a little more of a cure in my opinion(the others too), but she still makes a dent in the noggin!

B

Brain

Damn Nep, thats overboard on the sulfur. I guees no harm no foul, though. I don't blaim you for hating that PM though. It really makes harvesting an unhappy event. I'd let it do it's job w/o the sprays. It could be washing it off but I have no idea. You're not going to have a PM problem. Maybe one more sulfer burn to be sure around week 3.

peace

HYDROJUNKIE

nice neptune!
love the test grows!....I got my money on the ebb n gro buckets:)
growth is through the roof once a good amount of roots hit the puddle in the bottom bucket..
are you using the multi flow controller or just timers?
I was thinking of going back to that system because of height restrictions,..I have all my trays on the floor and handwatering,...its about time I get automated eh?

have an idea ive been pondering for awhile if you would like to give it a shot?
I was thinking of running GH coco pots full of coco in the ebb n gro buckets.

oh and a little side note on the pog from sr-71 is that its the same genes just reversed parents.

once again nice work!

Latest posts

Latest posts