What's new

Nephrosis's Blueberry Kush - 2nd grow - 600w mh/hps

nephrosis

Hello folks, so im just preparing my next grow. I cut the size of the grow room down until i can build the flower room next to the room im currently building. Im using a 600w system. Im still debating on whether i should use MH through the entire grow and LST/top them so as to keep them short and produce more "bushy" plants with denser buds.

Or should i use hps through entire cycle and keep em short? or just do the reg MH veg HPS flower? Ill update with some more info later and pictures :) i havent started any seedlings yet but im doing that very soon :)

*UPDATE*
Seeds 60 unfem Blueberry Kush Seeds
600w system

nephrosis

Pics are coming, Check out my first grow if you want and see what i did end up growing the first time... the plants are SUPER strong. I didnt get alot of yield due to early harvesting and other stuff but the buds ended up being stronger then most of the buds i pick up at the clinic!!

Best high i have yet to try and its something im growing. im going to take pictures of everything i do. i just need to take the time to take the pictures today...

Currently i dont have any seedlings up but that will be soon :) pictures are coming today

nephrosis

i dont have the money to buy new equipment atm. as of right now i have 1 room thats about 5 feet tall. just got back from my errands so ill be posing some updates on what i want to do.

But for now im going to have to cycle veg and flower in the same room... i have a 7200k MH bulb that worked very well. i know im using this for the veg period because it doesnt run as hot... but for the flowering i read somewhere that MH produces tighter nodes with more resin? also hps produces bushyer buds but more of them?

nephrosis

Also, i want to produce some resin covered buds and alot of em... i heard somewhere that mh emits uv spec and that coincides with resin production of the plant? I was thinking of using this MH 7200k spectrum bulb 600w the whole way through the grow and make some even danker buds?

But honestly i think im just going to MH veg then hps flower <--- opinions? with the space i have im going to lst and fim like a mofo...

Anyone have any tips on short but wide pots? i need to produce many roots but i need to figure out how to make use of the wide space, but low height

DrFever

Veteran
Hello Nephrosis looking forward to some pics of your grow and set up will try to help you along the way

smoooth

I've used MH for the first two weeks of flower and then switched over to hps all the way up til the last week then put the MH back in for the last week. Not sure it really did anything since I didn't do an experiment I was just dicking around. Something I plan on screwing with more in the future.

Btw, where did the blue kush come from? Seed? Clone? Would like to hear some more info on it

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
You can flower under hps or mh. Both lights get the job done. I currently flower under both hps and mh. Plants do much better with both lights. I have 4k watts in the main flowering room. 2 hps,2mh....
I veg the same way..here are seedlings under 400mh and 150 hps. Plants under the HPS were started later but are doing just as good.

picture.php

nephrosis

I've used MH for the first two weeks of flower and then switched over to hps all the way up til the last week then put the MH back in for the last week. Not sure it really did anything since I didn't do an experiment I was just dicking around. Something I plan on screwing with more in the future.

Btw, where did the blue kush come from? Seed? Clone? Would like to hear some more info on it

This blueberry kush i have is from seed from up north (northern cali) My father in law was givin about 150+ seeds, all pretty decent size. we used about 30 of them in the first grow to see what happens and after my first harvest i accualy got more seeds from a female plant i had next to a blueberry kush male :)

So basicly ill be growing from seed :) i plan on feminizing them later on but for now im going to germinate about 30-40 of them and i figure ill get 1/2 of them male, while the other 1/2 are females. i figure id get about 15-20 decent female plants out of these seeds. ill take some pictures of the seeds (i got court today/)

Ill be back soon to update the grow room... i finaly took pictures and i plan on germinating today!!

nephrosis

The seeds are as old as 1999 atleast.... Great strain and VERY strong indica...

I also have some bag seed from the random clinics i went to and got a seed in my nug

nephrosis

So here we have the grow room... its not too big, i havent measured the dimensions yet but it needs some small work done.

As you can see the room is VERY limited so height is going to be a problem. I am going to need to LST alot and figure out how to fit atleast 6 females in this space.

Does anyone have tips on this type of grow with this space??

ALSO! i have a high spectrum MH as u can see up top (the one on the left) the HPS is on the right. I will be vegging MH for the first 5-7 weeks depending on how i LST the plants.

nephrosis

Heres a quick update.

I plugged everything in, and made sure everything was working.

Heres what it looks like!!! with the MH light on!

So far so good, im going to start germinating this weekend, ill be taking pictures of the seeds in a lil

And yes that is me sitting down with my chihuahua!

nephrosis

So i think im going to start and germinate today!!! ill post pictures on the seeds and stuff when i do do it....

Anyone here have tips on MH? im thinking on going MH for some tighter nodes plus i have a high spectrum MH 7200k ultra high red... its a full spectrum mh bulb ment for both cycles....

I might just use MH all the way cause it has the same properties as my HPS but more light :) anyone have ideas on this??

I love mh veg- hps flower... but atm since i have a full spectrum MH light i might just be using the MH because it does emit low levels of uvb...