Nepal Jam

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Here is a picture of a Nepalese Jam bud that is doing well at the moment:

picture.php

ThaiBliss

orfeas

Veteran
And here is another picture of a Nepjam bud and main cola doing just fine.
The seeds she's bearing are mature (to my eyes at least!) but, alas, she's been badly attacked by stem rot. My question is, will they carry any tendency/proneness to stem rot?

:tiphat:Orfeas

Attachments

• P1070766.jpg
    P1070766.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1070765.jpg
    P1070765.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
We talk a lot about our mutual problem maybe someday we'll learn to grow plants without grey mold. My best results in mold resistance are to obtain seeds from local outdoor growers who have been growing outside for 30 years. In that much time they've selected a lot of resistance to the strains of mold that grow out here on the west coast. The weak ones were chucked or bred up a long time ago.
Every time I purchase seeds from Europe even from excellent breeders who have grown for mold resistance I have problems. And when I try an inbred strain like Deep Chunk disaster may occur.
I'm not going to stop buying seeds because new strains are the spice of life. I go maybe 25% of my garden on experimental new strains and if they fail, oh well. I have my local go to strains I do every year so I don't get screwed. And I cross them with my new strains to breed resistance.
But I live at 48 degrees north so a lot of strains I just can't run.
To answer your question, probably. But it also fought the mold and finished which means it has mold fighting genetics. If you crossed it with a resistant strain you might be onto something. I might try NepJam next year just because it finished early and not mid October. Rare in a 100% sativa.
We both know how much trial and error there is in plant breeding.

When growing inside you can pick seeds to fit your system and modify your system to fit different varieties. When growing outside, local acclimated seeds are what you're looking for whether you breed them yourself or get them from a trusted local grower

Pure indica pure sativa

Pure indica pure sativa

This is a very complicated subject. Cannabis taxonomy has changed in the recent past, and the terms sativa and indica don't mean what most people think they do anymore. There are many blurred lines in the cannabis genepool, and we won't know specifics about subspecies, etc., until the cannabis genome project is completed. Until then, all we can do is judge the flower by smoking it and experiencing its effects.

There is a lot of diversity in the drug cannabis genepool. By komboloi's definition, only the most tropical plants in morphology (narrow leaf dominant) would be considered sativa pure, and maybe he's right...but we can't speak so definitively of what plant is what until the proper research has been fully conducted. All I can tell you for now is that Ace does not lie about their strains' effects.

There's no such thing as a pure sat or pure indica, just like every white person is related to every black person. They didn't arise or speciate independently, racism is a human construct not acknowledged by nature

orfeas

Veteran
When growing inside you can pick seeds to fit your system and modify your system to fit different varieties. When growing outside, local acclimated seeds are what you're looking for whether you breed them yourself or get them from a trusted local grower

No offence, me lady, but your saying goes without saying and complications occur when growing something other than what you mention...
I did grow an IBL two years ago but in the end mold got the better of it. However, I managed to harvest a crop with most trichomes being cloudy...

Therevverend, that Nepjam needs a couple of weeks to full maturation, but I'll shed no tears if she doesn't make it for I relish smoking cloudy trichs rather than amber ones when it comes to introspection. A fully matured indica is what will serve my peripatetic ailment well. A green PCK pheno I have might do the trick...

orfeas

Veteran
Chronicle of a death foretold

Chronicle of a death foretold

This beauty put up quite a resistance against stem rot maturing her seeds (most of them) and turning most of her trichomes cloudy.
As afore said she could use the whole of September but then again I can be nothing more but thankful...
See what she smokes like...

Attachments

• P1070772.jpg
    P1070772.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 27
  • P1070774.jpg
    P1070774.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 25
  • P1070775.jpg
    P1070775.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 22

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This beauty put up quite a resistance against stem rot maturing her seeds (most of them) and turning most of her trichomes cloudy.
As afore said she could use the whole of September but then again I can be nothing more but thankful...

Sorry Orfeas,

I wish it could have gone a little longer for you. I live in a climate that is very arid in the summer. But when fall kicks in, and the rains start coming, we get fog in the mornings due to being in a valley surrounded by mountains. I have always felt that it is mostly the fog that allows the mold to kill our plants, which is the opposite of the wet wind theory. Who really knows?

I don't mean to make you feel bad about the mold problem, but I'd like to post a nice picture of my NepaleseJam bud so that people understand that this may be a good strain for a climate that is a little drier. I have hope for my plant yet, especially because it is related to the Bangi Haze strain whose effect is so extremely pleasant:

picture.php

The good news for you is that I am very jealous of the potential of the Zamaldelica in your location. There is no way I could grow that outdoors in my area. I bet it will be more powerful than anything I can grow outside.
:biggrin:

Looking forward to your future posts of that strain.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

therevverend

Veteran
Looking great and early finish. Your Bangis look great too.
Humidity is the most obvious factor in grey mold. From now on whenever I find some I will record the humidity for the day, the high and low temperature, and the strain. I'm sure I'll find there's a threshold below which grey mold never occurs when the % is above it becomes more likely.
And as the temperature gets lower it becomes more and more inevitable. Highs lower than 72 F. Lows lower than 50 F. Once it's in the 65 F to 45 F it is a sure thing.
I suppose I could record wind speed also. I was thinking of it as it correlates to damage to the plants. When my plants get knocked around and I have to re stake them I have problems.
Each strain and phenotype should have a range of mold likelihood. I have the proper weather for this study.

orfeas

Veteran
Nepalese Jam nearing maturation but suffering minor damage to bud mold...what can one expect with RH around 85%...

mine seems to be a fast flower flirl, and quite a yealder, it´s in its early weeks of flower, but I have high hopes for her, love the producs ACE offers!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hi,
nevertheless, i'm really interested in ace seeds and have to thank dubi for the good representation in this forum.
I came here to see if ace seeds' plants are worth buying and i was not disappointed.
obviously many happy customers and really good advices and descriptions of the different strains by dubi and other users.

@dubi:
since i cant write you a pm, is there a way to contact you for questions on how to get seeds in mid europe?

keep up the good work!

Greetings user-name,

In case you cannot pm, you can always contact me at: [email protected]

Kind regards!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi orfeas,

I'm glad your Nepal Jam finally had the chance to mature the flowers and seeds despite the problems with the stem. The colas in your last post look great! :yes: Thanks for share them!

orfeas

Veteran
Kalbhairav, thank you for your kind words!

Dubi, muchas garcias viejo!

I'll try to synopsize my experience with Nepjam.
Out of three individuals I have had, two succumbed to stem rot before complete maturation. They were in a very humid environment, I've got to admit...
The first was almost ready by the end of August, kind of very early, isn't it?
The second seeded one almost made it to cloudy trichs.
The third one pictured in my last post was attacked by stem rot and I had to use my scalpel to clean the infected part of the stem and apply pruning paste. She is still fighting the stem rot successfully, but that's not the case with the buds giving in to bud rot and having me remove rotten parts almost every day.
Bottom line, I will not have another go with Nepjam, unless I can find me a drier spot for resistant she may be but not invincible...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Here is a picture of one of my Nepalese Jam buds. If I had to guess, I'd think it has about 3 more weeks to go. I'm hoping it is a bit earlier, since it would have to be very good weather for it to make it that long here. The forecast for the next week is excellent. So far, so good.

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Waldgeist

Looking great and early finish. Your Bangis look great too.
Humidity is the most obvious factor in grey mold. From now on whenever I find some I will record the humidity for the day, the high and low temperature, and the strain. I'm sure I'll find there's a threshold below which grey mold never occurs when the % is above it becomes more likely.
And as the temperature gets lower it becomes more and more inevitable. Highs lower than 72 F. Lows lower than 50 F. Once it's in the 65 F to 45 F it is a sure thing.
I suppose I could record wind speed also. I was thinking of it as it correlates to damage to the plants. When my plants get knocked around and I have to re stake them I have problems.
Each strain and phenotype should have a range of mold likelihood. I have the proper weather for this study.

A+,:tiphat:

Tr0picThund3r

Really nice plants ThaiBliss, Terpene, and crazyfool!
Sorry to hear about your mold issues orfeas hope your harvest aren't affected too much.

NepJam @21 days of flower. Stem rub smells like caramel and a bud rub smells of rotten melon or some other rotten fruit. Just amazing.

jZGkeB3.jpg

ylvgR2r.jpg

hj9sjkh.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts