What's new

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be." goodbye new snowboard

D

danimal7

Nice board, I have a libtech dark mtx wide cause I've got big mofo' feet.

My Bro replaced the skunkape167w with a GNU riders choice162w mtxbtx
it pretty sweet , I dig it
graphics arent as cool as skunkape but I like it the same

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
update

So my Bro got me a new board&bindings, and I have gifted him few jars of sticky....we're totally cool........
so we are sitting here and the phone rings .

One the phone is a guy in the neighborhood that claims he was at a stop sign when this snowboard came flying and hit his headlight on his pt cruiser and busted it! The man (who'm I know tobe a shadetree mechanic that doesnt pay full price for anything!) says he needs $200 to pay for the busted headlight before I can have my board back.
I have a few problems with his story
1) he didnt see what kind of car the board came off of , 12 noon one car at a stop and one car making a right turn at the intersection
2) something flys off a car and breaks your car and you dont chase them down??
3) something flys off a car and breaks your car and you dont call the cops??
4) he didnt seem interested in making the guy that was at fault pay.....just wants $200...he doesnt care who pays
SOOOO, I GUESS IM GETTING JACKED FOR $200

WELL?

So..........How does the guy know to call you?

qwerty

danimal,

You are lucky to have a friend like that.

To the guy that wants $200, laugh at him and tell him to keep the board. I hate scammers.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
update

So my Bro got me a new board&bindings, and I have gifted him few jars of sticky....we're totally cool........
so we are sitting here and the phone rings .

One the phone is a guy in the neighborhood that claims he was at a stop sign when this snowboard came flying and hit his headlight on his pt cruiser and busted it! The man (who'm I know tobe a shadetree mechanic that doesnt pay full price for anything!) says he needs $200 to pay for the busted headlight before I can have my board back.
I have a few problems with his story
1) he didnt see what kind of car the board came off of , 12 noon one car at a stop and one car making a right turn at the intersection
2) something flys off a car and breaks your car and you dont chase them down??
3) something flys off a car and breaks your car and you dont call the cops??
4) he didnt seem interested in making the guy that was at fault pay.....just wants $200...he doesnt care who pays
SOOOO, I GUESS IM GETTING JACKED FOR $200

WELL?

well hes a mechanic. tell him to get fucked. im sure he hears it everyday. what kind of a mechanic drives a pt cruiser anyways ???? :dance013:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Honor is a trait that lacks for many in todays society to many think that money and success is what makes the person not values and honor.

If I was you I would keep that friend until you take your last dying breath. Friends like that are like a great board,you find one in a hundred.

Happy Rippin
Mr.Wags

G

Guywithoutajeep

nice dude, a true snowboarding partner

you should have told him you wanted a Never Summer instead :)

Darth Fader

P.S. -

1. If the guys in fact has your board, I would think he's got some ground to stand on.
2. It's your buddies problem (the broken light)
3. Isn't the board worth a lot more than $200?

Here is a twist to the story. It's fucked up, but it does happen:

Your boy is STOMPIN fresh powder, having a good time ridin the slopes and decides it's time to get something to eat. They eat, they decide to do a couple more runs and then go home. As the food and drink settles in his system, his body tells him that it's time to use the restroom so he takes a break to go inside and hit the JOHN.

Well, if you've been snowboarding or skiing (which I'm sure a majority of you have) you'll know that you have to unload your board or your ski's (and poles) and walk inside wherever the restroom is and sometimes the restrooms are found INSIDE a restaurant where you have to walk inside, go to the back, and possibly even wait a few minutes to use a toilet stall.

In that time, you have your Snowboard just chillin outside on a rack for the rest of the world to see. A Snowboard that's mixed in with about 50 other people who are eating or taking a bathroom break and it's easy for any PIECE OF SHIT SCUMBAG to just walk over - pick up YOUR snowboard (as if it was his) - and just walk off - in front of everyone - like nothing ever happened. Who is going to say something to that person when all kinds of boards are just sitting on the resting post until you come back outside to collect your gear?

It truly is sad and I heard of a few people who did that awhile back (from friends of mine) and I knew never to hang out with those guys again. They took a brand new 'Sims' 160in board right off the bathroom rack, jumped in their car and went home with it. It's fucked up but people do that shit. Your boy might have came outside and thought "what the FUCK!!!" and now he's stuck out of a board - AND HE HAS TO COME OUT OF POCKET. It's cool though that you have boy's like the one you do. At least he's trying to better the situation no matter how bad it is.

Alot of times, you don't just "forget" about your equipment, especially when it's not yours. He probably had an unfortunate incident happen to him.....

SimsAbsolute155cmSnowboardMens.jpg

(Sims board - similar to the one that got jacked')

D

danimal7

I went to get my board back and The dudes story checked out , it turns out both cars were moving about 40mph when they passed in the curve and the board flew out , I saw the new headlight and he said it was a black 4wd . The price was alittle high $200, but the dude did have his headlight busted out and had to replace it .He offered to give me $50 off, but I only had two $100bills on me , so i told him to just keep it for the trouble .....
THE END

D

danimal7

first post sounded good...

update sounds bogus...

nope, shits all square
my buddy did lose my board off the back his truck...it did hit the other guys car and bust his headlight

my buddy did buy me a new board,, and i did get my old lost board back after $200 for the damages

D

danimal7

BOARD MEETING 2nd from the left was my lost board , 4th from the left is the replacement GNU riders choice 162...wife , kids ,and old boards ..ps I got 3 mor real oldies hanging up
somewhere
k2 trucker 169 xw
lib tech skunk ape 167w
lib 165
gnu 162
lib skunkape 157w
k2 fat bob 155
burton hard boot alpine 157
and 2 girl boards
picture.php

MCsqrd

Nice board collection danimal. The artwork on the skunk ape is awesome. What do you think of the GNU vs the Skunk? I was gonna pick up the riders choice but ended up with a TRS banana.

D

danimal7

Nice board collection danimal. The artwork on the skunk ape is awesome. What do you think of the GNU vs the Skunk? I was gonna pick up the riders choice but ended up with a TRS banana.

basically the same board I think, even made on the same line perhaps . the gnu is my first banana and so far I like it , although Im not sure if it carves as well as a reg camb board yet? but it does spin quick on the snow

TBL420uk

Did i miss something? friend borrows snowboard, friends looses snowboard, friend replaces snowboard? Thats not a friend, thats just the right thing to do.