What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Negril, Jamaica (Dec 2012) Quick Field Report

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Hey, Mon.

Ease of acquisition:
10 of 10 (Easy as blinking your eyes)
Disclaimer: marijuana consumption is illegal in Jamaica and penalties are stiff. This write up was done for reference purposes only. :D
If you are looking in Negril and can't find any, wait ten minutes more. It -will- find you. I was in town for, literally, about 18 minutes.

Appearance:
3-8 of 10 (Wide range)
You'll find everything from fresh cuts to bricked crap. I didn't touch the bricked stuff because the 'unmolested' stuff was readily available. Indica/Sativa hybrids, to full blown Sativa samples.
(Pics here are of hybrid variety)

Quality:
7 of 10 (Let me explain)
I gave it a relatively high mark for quality, because, my expectations weren't that high. I was impressed, though, with the appearance, variety, and quality available. It wasn't pressed, tainted, (de-seeded.....but honestly, not bad to do. MAYBE 5 seeds total in a half zip)

Price:
8-10 of 10
Depends who, and where you get it from, but, it ranges from 80-120USD per half zip.

Selection:
10 of 10.
From sativas, to hybrids, to mushrooms, to charas/finger hash, and harder stuff, one can't complain about the variety. There's something for everyone. Even edibles, and teas.

Photos

Yeah, Mon. No Problem.

-Cap

S

Space Ghost

looks/sounds very nice! but 80-120 for a half zip? that's what I pay... would love to go down there some time...

thanks for sharing

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
If u know some farmers u can get at least half a lb for that much...have some friends outside of the negril who produce a good amount of high grade herbs. Looking forward to visiting next month and seeing what's growing :) thanks for the trip report hubcap! Enjoy your self....good vibez

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Was the Charas imported..?

don't believe so. it smelled and tasted exactly like some of the dried buds we sampled. I could be wrong, but, I think it was 'domestic.'

taste wasn't anything to brag about. folks in the states, if they've ever tried 'good' mexi buds, the taste is comparable to that, in many ways.
the hash tasted the same way, just 'fresher,' or 'cleaner.'

the mushrooms were cheap and plentiful, too.
;)

-cap

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Id consider bringing a 3 bag set of bubble bags, getting a cheap price on a 1/2 a p., and making some killa dilla..

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
There's some brick from Jamaica that smokes really good called yardis (yar-daz) it's really brown some times black ..also known as chocolate ..really strong stuff and the high last forever

420shooter

I love Negril. Just spent a week there in Sept. You probably could have scored from the airport shuttle driver but I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you go back down go to the West End its cheaper and better. If the smoke you got tasted like Mexiweed you didn't find the good stuff. The smoke we usually get will stink up the room even when we store it in sealed containers. Not trying to be critical just a few tips for future use.;)

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
dont get me wrong....it stunk pretty well. smelled it thru a safe in the room.....
just didn't 'taste' like the hi-grade US stuff.....
probably because it wasn't pampered as such.

I will def be back in Jamaica again. This was simply a refresher course, since its been almost 20 years since I went last....

rock on!

-cap

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
So, Hub - You said you are gonna go back. Obviously, You thought it was Cool there... How and why...?
How and why was it not...? Hassles, or problems.?
My Curiosity is piqued, because I am and always have been into Jamaican Culture, but was Turned-off 20+ years ago on a trip due to bad circumstances. Some choices I made were not the best, regarding lodging, and not going to Negril, I surmise.

It was my First International Trip, the weed I bought was quite Racy/Paranoid-Y, and I travelled alone. Oops. JA can be tough.
I know it can also be Great. So, maybe I go again. Like you did.

E

ekomsi

Never get your goodies at the airports. More than likely youll be disappointed with the quality.

Completly Agree, went there with a good friend quite a few years ago on my high school senior year spring break. Although the ladys were far and few between we both got laid just not a lot of american girls to choose from.

Back to the smoke lol, we aquired about an oz for 40 bucks at the airport on the bus going to the all inclusive hotel. I reccomend passing on this stuff as the locals told us that was garbage and wouldnt let us smoke it lol.

Talk to the bar tenders at the hotels or bell hops most likely they will ask you first. Be honest and tell them you have high quality in america and thats what your after, we prolly sampled 15 strains some crappy shit and some awesome sensimellia. You kind of have to be picky to get the good stuff otherwise have fun smoking that schwag.

The hash is also abundent.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
So, Hub - You said you are gonna go back. Obviously, You thought it was Cool there... How and why...?
How and why was it not...? Hassles, or problems.?
My Curiosity is piqued, because I am and always have been into Jamaican Culture, but was Turned-off 20+ years ago on a trip due to bad circumstances. Some choices I made were not the best, regarding lodging, and not going to Negril, I surmise.

It was my First International Trip, the weed I bought was quite Racy/Paranoid-Y, and I travelled alone. Oops. JA can be tough.
I know it can also be Great. So, maybe I go again. Like you did.

Hassles? Sure. Near the resorts, once you step off their properties, they are ON you. But, I found the pot dealers to be much cooler and friendlier than the 'souvenir peddlers.'
I found the less touristy places are the best. They don't 'expect' you to buy things but -really- appreciate it when you do. Its a pretty poor island but you'd never know it simply talking to the people. They are nice, courteous, and funny as 'ell.

A lot has changed since I went last. A lot. But the people remain consistient. They still tell you "youre welcome anytime" when you tell them "I don't want to go home."

Said it 20yrs ago and said it recently.

One Love.

-cap

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
oh, and follow the advice of NOT buying 'supplies' at the airport. Red Stripes? Sure. Anything else? NO!

Have fun, but, be smart. Besides, the further you get away from well known touristy spots the quality gets better and the prices drop.

-cap

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
It was my First International Trip, the weed I bought was quite Racy/Paranoid-Y, and I traveled alone. Oops. JA can be tough.
HaHa, I've traveled the whole western half of Ja. and had some unforgettable adventures. You can get some real good herb there, best was back in 82 after that cocaine kinda messed it up and corrupted the people. Last time I went they were growing and selling Indica's and crosses, not as good. I remember seeing tourists smoke the good stuff and freaking out so bad they wanted to go back home, even though they just got there. Irie Mon

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Ill be heading down in next cpl days and traveling from all over the island during next cpl wks visitng some friends n family. Hope to find some nice local hazes or any other sativas...will get some pics as well.. good vibez