What's new

NEGATIVE REPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
"You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em."
RIP Mitch, you are missed!!:tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am not racist against anything green or purple thats for sure :tiphat: :canabis:

If it smells grapefruity then that's even better :biggrin:

picture.php

Incognegro

I have a feeling I'm gonna regret this... i don't like even touching the "rascism" thing...but this caught my attention..

What if there was a "WET" White Entertainment Television...that would be racist and there would be marches & demonstrations against it. But BET is not? Just a few examples of what I feel are some forms of reverse racism.

Where do you live? Have you not noticed, but EVERY OTHER CHANNEL except the Spanish channel is WHITE!?

African Americans, now have I believe 3 channels, Spanish have 5 (at least in my part of the world) White people have the other 869:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's not what he is talking about. Im reading it as the name itself is reverse racism. There could be 500 channels that have African Americans in it but they dont call it Black ABC OR African American NBC.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I'm a racist, or at least I useta was. But I wrecked my race car and quit racing about 15 yrs ago. I reckon that makes me a racist.

Damn I hate gettin use to all these fuckin labels.

Incognegro

That's not what he is talking about. Im reading it as the name itself is reverse racism. There could be 500 channels that have African Americans in it but they dont call it Black ABC OR African American NBC.

Well if that's the case, the name applies well, BET Black Entertainment Television...a channel simply showcasing shows/movies/music starring, featuring or directed by primarily black people.
There's no racism in that...just a self explanatory label. Just like we have Espanol as a station, also Indi-World as a station... just a simple and direct channel label, so one would not get confused.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still dont think your getting it. If someone had a TV channel that was white entertainment television. Many would call foul. There is a BET but you dont see anyone calling foul.

Incognegro

Im tired you still dont get it. Maybe someone else can splain it better

Wow... sounds like someone needs a hit... no sense of humor.

I understood from the beginning... sheesh:wave:
If someone had a TV channel that was white entertainment television. Many would call foul.

I still beg to differ though.. lol but whatever, no need to stress about it... it's funny to me how many people DO complain about BET though...

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... Where do you live? Have you not noticed, but EVERY OTHER CHANNEL except the Spanish channel is WHITE!?

African Americans, now have I believe 3 channels, Spanish have 5 (at least in my part of the world) White people have the other 869:tiphat:

I had an old buddy that used to argue we should have 'white history month', lol. I called it white boy day.

He must have thought it was white boy day. It ain't white boy day, is it?

No man, It ain't white boy day.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all love here anyways who cares about TV I know I really don't. The only thing we discriminate against around here is other competing sites and seedbanks :tiphat:

I don't even know where race came into the conversation it must have been spillover from some other thread on here I was not a party to that discussion though sorry. Take a toke everyone, Cannabis is the topic here no matter what just good frosty delicious beautiful Cannabis :canabis:

I'm hoping this thread has run it's course soon, but everyone has been pretty cool in here even with such a gloomy topic for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts