What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

neem soil drench??

TheCleanGame

Veteran
haven't had one issue with azamax . not one single issue. but I use it mostly in veg very rarely in flower and even then in the first week or so. if there was any issues I think someone would of told me.i get feedback from all my medical friends
LOL

It took me over 3 YEARS to figure this out, it's that f'ng subtle.
I guarantee you have people with reactions to the azamax that they're not aware of. :)

Still looking for an answer on this, guess I'll have to test some neem myself. Anyone care to trade a bottle of azamax or azatrol with only 5ml missing for some Neem oil? lol

Yes, it would be great to find out that neem doesn't cause the same reactions as the extracts. Unfortunately, it's only been a few months since the last time I was in the hospital for getting poisoned by it. A local grower was using it and deliberately kept the information from me. Lovely.

Since I've been hot bath/shower, muscle cramp and stomach pain free for just a few months, the thought of going into pain again isn't endearing in any way. heh. Maybe in a few more months I'll set up a test grow with one plant.

Until then, stick to Neem as it's most likely a better alternative. I know the extracts are bad for a fact. No white-coat with a piece of paper and a lab needed after repeated slaps in the face like I've gotten. heh

Due dilligence. You've heard what I have to say, ignore it at your own risk. :tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
still no reports of any kind...some people are more sensitive to stuff..people react to stuff differently...I have always told folks what I use....nothing to hide...its rare I use anything in flower and the small amount I use in veg is most likely long gone...but only a lab can determine that...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
ok so i just got the dynga gro proteck,neem oil and Karanja oil as i seen it works better when combined..my only question here is the karanja oil systemic as well? or would mixing karanja oil only be effective as a folair spray with neem? i know neem is a systemic and i plan on useing it as so but i was thinking since the 2 oils work better together on folair it would work better as a soil drench but i will wait till someone responds to know for sure..thanks

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I would be hesitant to combine that much oil in a soil drench, dynagro pure neem will fry your plants on it's own pretty easily if your not careful

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok so i just got the dynga gro proteck,neem oil and Karanja oil as i seen it works better when combined..my only question here is the karanja oil systemic as well? or would mixing karanja oil only be effective as a folair spray with neem? i know neem is a systemic and i plan on useing it as so but i was thinking since the 2 oils work better together on folair it would work better as a soil drench but i will wait till someone responds to know for sure..thanks

It is fungicidal re: soil application, but I can find nothing relating to karanja oil as a whole or any of it's constituents having systemic properties. I am waiting on a researcher to forward a review, but I do not think it will lead anywhere. There is very little research work conducted on karanja oil, much of what there is relates to it's use in biofuel/medical applications.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
still no reports of any kind...some people are more sensitive to stuff..people react to stuff differently...I have always told folks what I use....nothing to hide..
Informing someone of something that they have no awareness is a problem means nothing.

When people have reactions to the extracts they don't attribute it to the extracts. They use more pain meds, deal with stomach issues and nausea... some ingest so much without realizing what's going on that they wake up every morning and vomit first thing. Docs are calling it Cannabis Hyperemesis. It ain't the cannabis.

Some folks go through cyclic vomiting that's f'ing insane. You watch and see that 10 years from now they'll figure out why there are only hyperemesis cases in pockets. They'll eventually track it down to the extracts.

Until then people will eat more pain killers, use more cannabis (which makes the problem worse, but not so you connect the two) and generally have lowered life enjoyment.

But hey... I couldn't possibly know anything about what I'm talking about... right? :tiphat:

Anyone reading this, that has any intelligence, will stick to the real Neem oil until the final word is in. Extract is bad news that hasn't been delivered yet. *shrug* You've been warned quite explicitly. heh

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
It is fungicidal re: soil application, but I can find nothing relating to karanja oil as a whole or any of it's constituents having systemic properties. I am waiting on a researcher to forward a review, but I do not think it will lead anywhere. There is very little research work conducted on karanja oil, much of what there is relates to it's use in biofuel/medical applications.

i agree bro..i got till around may of next year to try and find out about it though and i been doing research as well..please let me know if u find out anything or shoot me a PM if u hear of anything..

thanks to the other guys here for anwsering my questions as well

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I would be hesitant to combine that much oil in a soil drench, dynagro pure neem will fry your plants on it's own pretty easily if your not careful

i agree thats why im doing research now to find out these things..2015 guerrilla grow is a few months away..just mixing neem oil at 1 tsp with half tsp of protekt is the reccomendation i found that should be fine..what do u think or would suggest for the soil drench application of just these 2? ty

my neem oil i got from amazon its called neem pro 100%..im sure its same as the dyno grow one tho..just trying to get all the application rates down correctly for i head out in the bush with my ladys..thanks SB

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

as u said they are not much on karanja oil but i did find this which isnt much but worth a read..i suppose combineing it with neem cant hurt as long as we mix it proper..thoughts on it Icmaggers?

http://www.sapinternational.be/PDF/I35 Karanj oil formulas.pdf

i also found this as well its a long read but may be of interest
http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/PA/article/viewFile/16743/11779

Last edited:

OregonBorn

If Neem was so bad, just about every single piece of organic produce grown here would send everyone to the hospital. It does not. But the anti-Neem band wagon rages on against it. I cannot find ANY research or hard evidence of Neem poisoning in the US outside of one guy that drank neem oil thinking it was salad oil. He was in and out of the hospital in one day. The EPA has done extensive studies on Neem, and found no adverse effects from using neem products as listed on the label. You can read it for yourself here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...sg=AFQjCNHzxKLcT_AOKwHlfjA_mREYpeloWw&cad=rja

Mick

Veteran
i've been using neem for years but never new it could be used as a systemic soil drench. has anyone had experience with this application?
thanks for your time folks:D

I"ve used neem as a systemic for years because I'm lazy, and hate spraying. Imo, it works as well or better than spraying, as long as you use the right type of neem and use it in the appropriate way. Most neem you buy off the shelf has had it's main active ingredient azadirachtin removed for longer shelf life, so go for cold pressed. Imo, if the azadirachtin is removed it shouldn't be then called neem. The other stuff works too but not as well.

Mick

Veteran
If Neem was so bad, just about every single piece of organic produce grown here would send everyone to the hospital. It does not. But the anti-Neem band wagon rages on against it. I cannot find ANY research or hard evidence of Neem poisoning in the US outside of one guy that drank neem oil thinking it was salad oil. He was in and out of the hospital in one day. The EPA has done extensive studies on Neem, and found no adverse effects from using neem products as listed on the label. You can read it for yourself here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...sg=AFQjCNHzxKLcT_AOKwHlfjA_mREYpeloWw&cad=rja

Some people drink neem as a preventative for malaria and dengue. In India it's called the Village Pharmacy.

OregonBorn

Raw Neem oil does not dissolve easily in water. The trick to using raw neem oil is to use fresh oil (or keep it refrigerated for longer term storage) and warm up the raw neem oil before mixing. I use a spreader with the raw neem to get it to mix with water. At a rate of 200:1 water:raw neem (my rate for preventative treatment) I use 4 tsp per gallon of neem and 1/2 tsp per gallon of the sticker/spreader. I mix the neem oil and the spreader first together and then add hot water to emulsify the neem oil. It will look like chocolate milk. Then I add it to a spray canister and add cold water, and it stays in solution for spraying or using as a drench. My typical application for treating visible PM and visible bugs or signs of mites is raw neem oil are at a rate of 100:1 water:raw neem. Same mixing method as with 200:1, but double the raw neem oil.

I have never seen any visible plant damage after using neem of any kind. However, I do not spray any oil, ag, raw neem, or refined neem when temps are above 70 degrees and the sun is out, or the leaves may burn in the sun. That is true with any oil spray foliar application though. I also spray neem in the evening, when the effective ingredients will last overnight. Neem oil and its active compounds will break down rather rapidly in sunlight. Actually they will break down in any light, but faster in UV. They also break down in water in a few days.

Last edited:
This neem as you say can make the leaves of Cannabis more shinny and resinous.

Sad to say I heard about this when I was foraging in the woods with no interest in growing at all.

Just a blank spot when it comes to anti-Neem products. Like when Hitler had is Reich the one getting poisoned the most was his family, broken promises and the leader (him) took the fall after his research medicine failed. All the children that lost there lives and women. They will all be remembered.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
If Neem was so bad, just about every single piece of organic produce grown here would send everyone to the hospital.
#1 Veggies do not absorb neem like cannabis does, therefore the azadirachtin on it breaks down quite quickly.

#2 Using neem for health purposes is not pre-heated, like it is when smoked or used in edibles.

Please stop comparing azadirachtin use on non-dynamic/hyper accumulator plants and un-heated ingestion to azadirachtin use with cannabis. We're talking apples and 747's here.

:tiphat:

Mick

Veteran
Raw Neem oil does not dissolve easily in water. The trick to using raw neem oil is to use fresh oil (or keep it refrigerated for longer term storage) and warm up the raw neem oil before mixing. I use a spreader with the raw neem to get it to mix with water. At a rate of 200:1 water:raw neem (my rate for preventative treatment) I use 4 tsp per gallon of neem and 1/2 tsp per gallon of the sticker/spreader. I mix the neem oil and the spreader first together and then add hot water to emulsify the neem oil. It will look like chocolate milk. Then I add it to a spray canister and add cold water, and it stays in solution for spraying or using as a drench. My typical application for treating visible PM and visible bugs or signs of mites is raw neem oil are at a rate of 100:1 water:raw neem. Same mixing method as with 200:1, but double the raw neem oil.

I have never seen any visible plant damage after using neem of any kind. However, I do not spray any oil, ag, raw neem, or refined neem when temps are above 70 degrees and the sun is out, or the leaves may burn in the sun. That is true with any oil spray foliar application though. I also spray neem in the evening, when the effective ingredients will last overnight. Neem oil and its active compounds will break down rather rapidly in sunlight. Actually they will break down in any light, but faster in UV. They also break down in water in a few days.

Hey, I store it in the fridge too and it seems to last for years. When I mix cold pressed neem I use warm water and a little liquid soup, but any soup works, and water the plants with it straight away. You need to be super careful using with young plants. I've never used it outdoors.

Americangrower

Veteran
are we really worried about neem oil being dangerous...the same industry that uses lighter fluid to extract .. I know in vaporizes/burns off no thanks LOL

I have used neem for 20 years never had a single problem. I will take my chances