What's new

Neem oil?

fuggzy

Ahhhhhh, Thanks

Ahhhhhh, Thanks

Firstly, you have to have a PHD to work at a grow store. :)

Secondly, Most people outside of India don't realize that they use it in shampoo, lotion, supplements, and whatever else you can squeeze it into.

I had a friend tell me the Cancer bullshit as well. This person runs a large warehouse. So I promptly sent over the top 50 cancer rates. India wasn't even on the list. Surprise, Surprise mofo's.

People need to stop saying stupid shit. When everyone has the answer to almost every question in the world in their pocket(smartphones, not dicks :) ) how does so much bullshit still get spread? It's god damn amazing to me.

Heres the list
http://www.wcrf.org/int/cancer-facts-figures/data-cancer-frequency-country

Go to an Indian grocery store, and see what different types of neem products they carry.

I did here that if you use neem while pregnant your baby will come out Republican. I haven't found any data to back this up though. :)

Ahhh, this post made me laugh in a time of need. So I need to keep neem oil away from my pecker, and wife during naughty time, and then remember around the age of 4-9 to keep my sons away from it too..... Boobs on my son are 1 thing, but republican. I can't deal with that. Thanks for the heads up. :)

On a more serious note thanks to you guys for sharing the info. I've been reading some on neem oil, and listening to the more experienced guys is always nice. I'll take a look at the recipes you spoke of too.

Best of luck to you SativaKing!

Hahah if only it was mandatory you needed a PHD to run at a grow store....you should meet this guy. Hey Photo just off topic a bit...Since your in Denver do you know if Charlottes web is available for purchase in seed form anywhere. I know the Stanleys developed it but other countries are in desperate need of its benefits now.

The Stanley Brothers made a simple hemp plant famous. It is literally just hemp. They did not pheno hunt anything. You can go to the ditches of Kentucky, and get something similar. The Stanley Brothers are crooks, and liars.

As far as seeds go, there are way better cbd strains out there. I believe Charlottes Web has the lowest rated CBD. R4 comes to mind.

If you want to know some of the popular ones that are floating around click here
http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?sort=rel&query=clones

You can sort through the ones that have high cbd.

waveguide

Veteran
punch that guy until his eyes fall out. how many ppl are smoking toxins so he can squeeze a few $ out of them?

S

sativaking

Thanks Photo...as always its appreciated.

Last edited:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been was banned in food in canada because it allegedly cures every and anything with ayurveda. For those who don't know it's one of the world's oldest medicine

med-man

snake11

neem is systemic....huh..i wonder if there has been any tests done on negative side effects....some dick head grow store owner told me it causes brain tumours but i highly doubt he's right. Cuz i can't find any info anywhere saying thats true...i think he was trying to sell his pesticides.

That grow store owner is trying to sell certain products or is just uneducated. Neem has tons of positive medicinal properties for humans.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem_oil

neem is systemic....huh..i wonder if there has been any tests done on negative side effects....some dick head grow store owner told me it causes brain tumours but i highly doubt he's right. Cuz i can't find any info anywhere saying thats true...i think he was trying to sell his pesticides.

Pretty sure he made that one up haha. I did have limited sucess with neem, i thought i was hitting em hard too for fnat control, but like i said, limited sucess. Ive been using a BTi product, but would really like to make neem work foe me. Do yall think its essential (no pun intended) to use neem oil in conjunction with essential oils?

S

sativaking

Rusty if you watch this advanced organics farming vid they address pest control near the end. The dude who moderates it owns his own organic food company and says he finds neem oil clogs things up and uses a diluted olive oil instead...Not sure if anyone on here has done that though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZNvJIcRSs

snake11

Many organic gardeners use white oil for pest control. This is just vegetable oil, water, and a little dish soap.

Ratzilla

Veteran
I grow in soil or I rather say a medium.
All organic very few liquids.
Neem has a lot of uses.
In India they call the neem tree "the pharmaceutical tree"
It is used in many home remedies.
When they say neem is systemic what they mean is if it is applied as a root drench it will make it way to the leaves.
If it is used as a foliar it will make it's way to the roots.
I believe it makes the plant taste bad discouraging bugs and animals from eating it.
Neem oil itself killing power lies in it's oil suffocating abilities .
I believe that neem is unfriendly to the micro-macro life that organic growers should be depending upon.
I have had great luck in using neem cake as a top dressing to beat back the fungus gnat.
Diatomaceous earth is something I have little luck with and once it gets wets it loses much of its razor edge.
One of the hardest thing to wrap your melon around in organic growing is that we want to encourage soil life.
If the bugs stay in the mix and don't want to be on or in the plant then I think they are my little helpers.
I must say except for some flies, fungus gnats and moth larva witch stayed in the mulch I have been lucky about some of the nasty's.
I also use captured rain water and I have a bottle of BTI AKA mosquito dunks that I use to keep the larva in check.

L

larry badiner

neem saved my crop just 2 weeks ago from leaf miners or thrips or whatever, i had a bottle of 100% pure neem oil i got from the hydro store, all you do is mix in a tsp of neem, a couple of drops of dishwasher liquid, and the rest water. then spray on top and under the leaves. a couple of days after the spray my plants looked super healthy along with killing all bugs. it even looked like the plants repaired the holes caused by bugs

waveguide

Veteran
I believe it makes the plant taste bad discouraging bugs and animals from eating it.
Neem oil itself killing power lies in it's oil suffocating abilities .

i use it on a young citrus tree which gets "birdshit" caterpillars (would their brain lack the mechanism on which azadirachtin acts?), though i've observed the same behaviour in several species of insects on a variety of plants. there's definately some component that retards interest in moving about, mating or doing much of anything.

apart from a case where fungus gnats had "fungus shelters" in the soil which the water ran over, i've also had effective results on all the common infestors.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
nah - phytooestrogens conflict for women. she should eat fenugreek seed (prolactin) for big bangbangs. tastes like maple syrup hahahaha?

neem or whatever's in it is systemic, apply as able. but i foliar up to say three weeks, don't notice it.

prolactin
Conditions associated with elevated levels ;
Hyperprolactinaemia, or excess serum prolactin, is associated with hypoestrogenism, anovulatory infertility, oligomenorrhoea, amenorrhoea, unexpected lactation, and loss of libido in women, and erectile dysfunction and loss of libido in men

Latest posts

Latest posts