What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem Cake

First, sometimes I may get a little too ripped and be a bit of a smart ass...my apologies. I understand your concern is genuine DC, so I'm not here to tell you that you are wrong. Realize that this right now is a hunch that you have, a 'gut feeling'- but you are going to have to be more meticulous in your research and investigations if you are going to prove this hunch to anyone that is skeptical, which I believe is a lot of us...

Well from where I stand, I'm not convinced by much of what's been presented or what hasn't been. I'm not convinced of the risk of neem, nor am i really convinced about this 'CHS' to be honest. What is it, really? Just who came up with that diagnosis? The same quacks we have all come to trust and rely on? I can see why they'd like it... I'm not convinced because a lot of generally scientifically illiterate people are recently playing with chemicals, synthetic or organic. Then they are smoking them and concentrating them, ingesting them and then rubbing that shit on their body. Seriously, maybe let's take a step back.

Random shit; Are there enzymes that break down the cannabinoids that are currently bound to receptors? How does that all work? Are these people suffering symptoms possibly lacking co factors to catalyze this activity? Have the sufferers been exposed to this concentration of terpenes before? Any studies\papers referencing any of the 'CHS' symptoms from aromatherapy enthusiasts?...this rabbit hole is fuckin deep:tiphat:

There's an AM radio show that I listen to frequently convincedight, for a couple of hours, mostly as background noise. Sometime about a week ago they had some broad named Amanda on, who apparently has a book about using cannabis as medicine that's available on Amazon...I listened to her spew garbage for close to 15 mins, she spent 10 months researching cannabis and writing her book, and she never once mentioned the words "antiinflammatory" + "CBD" in the same thought. Some guy called in and asked her about DMSO. She had never heard about it, but she's on a huge radio show teaching the masses... useless:laughing:

Take care everybody:huggg: ~bom Shiva~

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I guarantee you, when you're riding to the ER in the back of an ambulance and literally screaming from the pain... while the med tech is trying to explain they've already reached their legal limit for pain killers for you, you really don't care whether people believe it's a 'real thing' or not.
;)

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I guarantee you, when you're riding to the ER in the back of an ambulance and literally screaming from the pain... while the med tech is trying to explain they've already reached their legal limit for pain killers for you, you really don't care whether people believe it's a 'real thing' or not.
;)
Chill Batman! You have 2 ears to listen and one mouth to sprout it off! :)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
;)

G `day DC

If it was doing that to you , why did you keep on doing it ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

;)
Never happened to anyone because of marijuana.

or neem

;)

You guarantee whom?...Her? >> :dancer:

I've never used neem anything, aren't really planning on it soon either. This is interesting, though...

1)However, it seems a lot of people use it and are just about fine, correct?

2)Time for the person in the ambulance to lay off the doobies buddy, period... ThanksWhat's with doing 'trials' on human subjects, anyways :)

3)YOU say it's from aza...I'd much prefer you try to prove it:tiphat:

Mengsk

wtf you guys are all giving Douglas a hard time, in humor it's one thing but this Iman person appeared out of nowhere just to jump on your case. Actively trying to discredit you and even laugh it off. Instead of lending some trust to you oh no that would be too much. I personally think Neem Oil smells horrible. And I know that any industry can hire a shill to confuse people and say just about anything. So I'll back Douglas in his observation that Neem Cake in the soil or aza sprayed on the plants can cause lung irritation whether it is allergic, inflammation or CHS. 1% of the population sensitive to an irritant is a clue about which substances are irritants. Not a reason or excuse to ignore and joke about it, just because this one thing doesn't affect you in exactly the same way. It seems like a constant battle with astro turfing shills and then regular people buy the snake oil sometimes.

wtf you guys are all giving Douglas a hard time, in humor it's one thing but this Iman person appeared out of nowhere just to jump on your case. Actively trying to discredit you and even laugh it off. Instead of lending some trust to you oh no that would be too much. I personally think Neem Oil smells horrible. And I know that any industry can hire a shill to confuse people and say just about anything. So I'll back Douglas in his observation that Neem Cake in the soil or aza sprayed on the plants can cause lung irritation whether it is allergic, inflammation or CHS. 1% of the population sensitive to an irritant is a clue about which substances are irritants. Not a reason or excuse to ignore and joke about it, just because this one thing doesn't affect you in exactly the same way. It seems like a constant battle with astro turfing shills and then regular people buy the snake oil sometimes.
D.C. isn't saying that it's a lung irritant. He's saying that it mimics symptoms that causes thousands of people to needlessly get their gall bladders removed. 99.9 percent of people deserve the benefit of the doubt. D.C. doesnt.

At this point I think that D.C. needs to provide proof, beyond simply his word, that he even has CHS or CHS like symptoms. I need proof that a doctor has told him he has CHS and has acknowledged that it is a real thing.

wtf you guys are all giving Douglas a hard time, in humor it's one thing but this Iman person appeared out of nowhere just to jump on your case. Actively trying to discredit you and even laugh it off. Instead of lending some trust to you oh no that would be too much. I personally think Neem Oil smells horrible. And I know that any industry can hire a shill to confuse people and say just about anything. So I'll back Douglas in his observation that Neem Cake in the soil or aza sprayed on the plants can cause lung irritation whether it is allergic, inflammation or CHS. 1% of the population sensitive to an irritant is a clue about which substances are irritants. Not a reason or excuse to ignore and joke about it, just because this one thing doesn't affect you in exactly the same way. It seems like a csonstant battle with astro turfing shills and then regular people buy the snake oil sometimes.

So i must ask for clarification from you Mengsk, please.

By your logic it's not cool that i question DC's lack of ability to offer any proof of this claim? I am 'jumping' on Dougie's case?

He has made some pretty extraordinary claims you see - and those sort of things usually require some sort of proof. I asked him directly, as did several others REPEATEDLY for anything resembling something and it's like we are speaking two separate languages. He came back with some fictional story regarding me in an ambulance from smoking neem treated junk...Just about got my emotions going:laughing:...The difference between an opinion and fact matters, A LOT...Telling the truth matters too.

If that's what it is, an opinion, say that's all it is, an opinion. I'm sure we can all accept that. Opinions are welcome, it's one of the core ways we share as a community, but not when someone repeatedly BS people by stating their opinions as fact...I truly did come here to read about neem as I'm thinking of trying some organics out and lots of people like it. I've heard neem oil smells rough, what about the cake? That's what the OP was asking about originally.

Smoking anything with sensitive lungs isn't wise, there's lots of methods of administration. I think almost every one is healthier than combusting plant matter, except maybe some huge bumm pills. Right?

So what I'm unclear about Mengsk is when your gonna reprimand DC for 'jumping' in somebody else's thread with some tall ass tales? Aren't we both getting a heavy spanking for Xmas?:woohoo:

Anyways, I'll apologize to the OP for the lot of us jerking off in his thread.

OP - Did you ever try neem? Did you survive?!?!?

happy holidaze everyone:smoke out:

D.C. is an idiot. I've seen his posts all over this site. Neem isn't the only thing he (or she) is ignorant of. I doubt he (or she) understands the slightest bit of how the natural world works. I don't know what his weed looks like, but it goes to show when you're growing weed, you don't need to understand how the plant does what it does for the plant to do what it do.

Douglas.Curtis

Go do some of your own research on CHS, neem, aza and the like. Do a search for "site:icmag.com Douglas.Curtis azadirachtin"

I'm one of the only growers I know who's actually set up an experiment and tested it on cannabis+people. Nobody who actually suffers from this cares what you think personally. Facts suck, they don't care what we think.

Try not being the typical human. Do your best to take a moment and think things through, doing your best to see all sides of an issue. You'll live longer, healthier and happier. :D

Go do some of your own research on CHS, neem, aza and the like. Do a search for "site:icmag.com Douglas.Curtis azadirachtin"

I'm one of the only growers I know who's actually set up an experiment and tested it on cannabis+people. Nobody who actually suffers from this cares what you think personally. Facts suck, they don't care what we think.

Try not being the typical human. Do your best to take a moment and think things through, doing your best to see all sides of an issue. You'll live longer, healthier and happier. :D

You haven't done an experiment stop saying you have.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Facts? I have not seen any yet. It is like someone who thinks they had a heart attack but tests show no substantiating indicators. They are told it was a panic attack or indigestion but the victim still insists they had a heart attack.

Douglas.Curtis

Nobody cares.

If this effects you, you care. If this does not effect you, nobody who it does effect cares. The people who care are those you share your cannabis with, who have issues with it. Providing a tiny detail of information to people about your cannabis is simply a bit of respect.

I've spent 7 years dealing with exactly your attitude. It gets a bit tiring to have 'newbies' to the subject popping up and (without doing any real research) spouting their opinion on the subject. "Show me the facts!" Yeah, go spend your own time looking them up.

I'm not your pony boy. ;)

Nobody cares.

If this effects you, you care. If this does not effect you, nobody who it does effect cares. The people who care are those you share your cannabis with, who have issues with it. Providing a tiny detail of information to people about your cannabis is simply a bit of respect.

I've spent 7 years dealing with exactly your attitude. It gets a bit tiring to have 'newbies' to the subject popping up and (without doing any real research) spouting their opinion on the subject. "Show me the facts!" Yeah, go spend your own time looking them up.

I have done my own research. I have set up double blind studies with a variety of strains, both soil grown and organic and have given people with and without CHS symptoms weed. And I have soil tests. Neem doesn't have a statistical correlation with CHS.

At least from my research.

heatherlonglee

There will never be anyone who cares, that when you inhale smoke you get sick; then you keep smoking more, while trying to justify the smoking. Clearly smoking isn't for you; blame your body.

Douglas.Curtis

There will never be anyone who cares, that when you inhale smoke you get sick; then you keep smoking more, while trying to justify the smoking. Clearly smoking isn't for you; blame your body.
There's a huge difference between remaining ignorant, and actually taking the time to figure out what the problem is. Considering my options without cannabis are 'less than stellar,' it was important to discover the root cause of my issues. Rx is not an option for me, thanks.

There are three major causes of Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome that I'm aware of. The first is gall bladder, cancer and other medical issues. The second is Cannabinoid Hyperemsis Syndrome, which is a reaction a small number of people have to moderate to high levels of THC. The third reason is azadirachtin exposure, which has all of the symptoms of CHS, plus hypothermia.

Since I discovered my issue is azadirachtin, I have had zero problems with clean cannabis. Clean cannabis does not help those with CHS. Recently I have run across a few who use high CBD, very low THC cannabis daily (only a single bowl) without issues.

Life is too short to remain ignorant, especially when it effects your daily life. Get smart, get aware. :)

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nobody cares.

Douglas, I presume that this is addressed to me. I do care and empathize with your and others' similar situations. When I grew commercially for a medical dispensary from 96/97 to 2006 we used no pesticides nor fertilizers of any sort in consideration for clients with immune system maladies.

When I say that I have yet to see any facts it is not personal but it is my observation so far. What you have presented (that I've seen) is speculative. I have seen no measurable or testable observations.

I'll share with you a recent scenario. Over a period of several months I observed a very troubling darkening of my urine accompanied by a reduced 'flow'. I tried fasting and drinking tons of water. I tried using a fermented turmeric tonic. The problem continued. I had been reading some scientific literature on controlling cancer with dandelion root tea. I tried drinking about a litre of strong dandelion tea daily over about 4 weeks. My symptoms disappeared and my urine is almost clear.

I could state two incorrect 'facts' coming from this experience. One would be that I had a form of cancer. The other would be that using dandelion tea had solved or cured my sickness.

Both statements are purely speculative. I had not been tested for the presence of cancer cells and I do not know that the dandelion tea had cleared up my symptoms. It could have just been something else entirely, responsible for my 'cure'; My immune system caught up, for example.

However, based on my account, others might try this for similar health issues. If they then report similar results, this becomes anecdotal speculation. It still comes no where near to being a fact. I would be irresponsible to begin stating (preaching) publicly that dandelion tea was the cure for urological problems or cancer. Do you follow? See how this is apparently reflected in some of your statements?

I have tried researching salient literature/studies on the subject but only find speculation and hyperbole. I have asked you to point me to such literature, even logical anecdotal information with nothing forthcoming. For some individuals the speculation presented may be compelling, but this does not give license to make announcements and warn all people off of using neem meal. Many people have sensitivities to various compounds and certainly everyone has the right to get the details involved in cultivation of the product they are using.

I do not know what you mean by the pony boy statement.

Latest posts

Latest posts