What's new

Need some help for a DIY Kief Tumbler--

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
gorilla glue won't melt the bucket nor the poly mesh.

it foams as it sets up so you have to use is sparingly.

since it doesn't melt plastic, it's removable for mesh replacement or whatever.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
gorilla glue won't melt the bucket nor the poly mesh.

it foams as it sets up so you have to use is sparingly.

since it doesn't melt plastic, it's removable for mesh replacement or whatever.

It also doesn't stick to it-- It says right on the bottle, "Not for use with Polypropylene"-- That is what buckets are made of--:tiphat:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Thats impressive, maybe I should make me one of these :)

I'm sorry, I think this is getting confusing-- Lol!!
I gave up on the tumbler, as it gave me next to nothing-- I made what is in the pics using the dry ice method and a bubble bag to "shake" it--:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL shit well thanks for nothin lol........ I have seen someone make one from one of those Showtime Rotisserie machines... Oh well back to the drawing board :)

yeahwhat

Late, but my bottomless buckets have coarse (pre sift window screen) steps melted in with a soldering iron at low watts. Carefully smoothed afterwards with the iron and a heat gun. Of course, at that stage of sifting, the gnarly edge is less critical as long as it fits nicely in my next bottomless bucket lined with a generic 220 bubble bag. Just a thought- us auto techs are quick to reach for heat...

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
Just for a second opinion, the rotisserie motors turn too slowly, about 1-2 rpm. All of the commercial tumblers turn at 30-60 rpm. I've been looking into using a ice cream machine motor instead.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Here is my tumbler...

Attachments

• DSCN1022.jpg
    DSCN1022.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1093.jpg
    DSCN1093.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
T

tropicannayeah

Is that a flux capacitor on the top of the contraption? lol

It's not going to win any beauty contests, but I bet she works like a charm. Here's a suggestion, it might be more efficient to have a curved tray that fitted in between the rotating plastic container and the interior bottom of the metal drum to catch the sifted resin. Depending on the RPM/speed, the tray's curves might have to reach up to past the middle of the mesh container. This tray could easily be slid in and out of the machine.

Do you tilt the machine over or remove the rotating mesh container to empty and fill it?

EsterEssence

Veteran
The motor is on top, we used an ice cream maker motor before that one. No tray needed the drum is enamel lined, simply brush the kief into a pile. To fill the inner container you put a bag inside and empty the contents into it. To unload put the bag under the inner drum and pull the material out. It may not look that great but it works fantastic, and has made some kief...