What's new

Need some advice about my progress

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I'm on day 46 of 12/12. I'm growing with vertical T8s, 512W total. Growing from seed, all organic, and with coco coir as part of my mix. They are in 8 inch pots and the tallest is about 38 inches tall.

I don't know these strains really. I was only given names and sometimes you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Can anyone chime in for me on how long they look like they may have left? How much would you suspect they'll grow beyond this? I feel a bit blind here on when to prepare to harvest. Any help would be appreciated!

Here's a few shots from day 45:

Trainwreck X Sour D Sativa:

picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Sour D Indica:

picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck X Colombian Gold:

picture.php

Purple Haze:

picture.php

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks for the replies. My camera is a cannon something, but there's also a Polaroid involved sometimes. The cannon is very good at close shots. My type of lighting also provides really good diffuse light to take pics with, that helps!

Mr.Hades

They definately need at least a couple weeks, and you can only know for sure by looking at the trichomes...

Go to radioshack or walgreens and get yourself a little 10$ handheld microscope with the light on it... Focus it so you can see your fingerprint clearly and then you can either use it straight on the plant or cut a tiny piece of bud near the top of the canopy off and take a look like that...

Depending on what type of high you would like to go for you can take them earlier or later.... Earlier being about 20% clear/80% milky trichome heads and later being about 50/50 on milk and amber trichs.....

Every strain developes differently but I like to take mine when most of the trichomes are fat, white and milky with just a few scattered ambers... Amber trichs are trichomes that are dieing/degrading and clear are trichs that just havent filled with the most cannabinoids yet... When they are white and milky they are in the highest peak of thc which is what you really want to aim for.

So its up to you... But rule of thumb usually is, if you see a couple ambers, they are usually done.

Hope that helps. ^_^

magiccannabus

Veteran
Thanks. I do have a radio shack scope, and I'm certain they are not ready yet. I was guessing a couple weeks, but we'll see. I'm gonna try to hot glue my scope to my webcam. I saw someone do it on a website and have been wanting to try it ever since! I will post some pics if I can make it work.