What's new

Need sex confirmation ...

OZZ_

Veteran
Im certain this plant is male, but really could use a second opinion before I go chopping it and Im not getting any love in my grow log.

Its 4 weeks from seed, SS AK47. The thing is, its currently vegging under 24/0. I didnt think they were supposed to show sex until the flip??

Or are these male pre-flowers?

So what do you all say? Its male isnt it??

The growlog can be seen here:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242826

Attachments

• IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3846.jpg
    IMG_3846.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6
C

chase

Dude , thats a dude lol.for sure

I regret tossing a few males in the past.(for amature pollen chucking.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks man. Thats what I thought. Why is it showing sex then? I have it vegging under 24/0.

Is it just because its 4 weeks from seed and maturing .... so its showing pre-flowers?

Maybe Ill stick him in the garage under a flouro thats running 12/12 for some basil and try to collect some pollen.... Hmmmm. Wouldnt mind seeding a lower branch for some more seeds. It is the healthiest of the bunch to, seems much more vigorous then the others.

C

chase

Yes preflowers , I think all of nthem do that.Sats can take longer to show.I always wait for preflowers before I flip.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks for the confirmation guys .... I thought so but Im still a little new to this so just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!

OZZ_

Veteran
Well crap ... Im a week into 12/12 and one of the plants I thought was female has these .... Looks male or hermie to me.

Can I get confirmation on this? I appreciate it.

After seeing these I had my GF zip my up in the tent right when the timer shut the lights off and I did find a few ... EXTREMELY small light leeks. I wonder if this could be the culprit??

Anyway if someone could confirm this for me so I can be sure Ild appreciate it greatly!

img3874j.jpg

img3872mn.jpg

Max Yields

^^^^Looks male to me, not a hermie. There are no female hairs sticking out. You might have just misjudged the sex before flower.

Definitely male.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks bud ... Thats what I thought....I appreciate it. Well that blows, now that leaves me with a single female in a DR120 lol.

Oh well I have an army of sweet tooth seeds germinating now.

OZZ_

Veteran
Well... since that leaves me with only a single female maybe ill use him on this girls for some seeds. Think I can get away with leaving him in there for another week before I seperate him?

Max Yields

Well... since that leaves me with only a single female maybe ill use him on this girls for some seeds. Think I can get away with leaving him in there for another week before I seperate him?
Pick the better male. Pick the more vigorous & resiny or whatever else your looking for to make a good cross. Or use all of them on different buds to make several crosses at the same time.:2cents:

Oh & yes you can.

OZZ_

Veteran
Alright guys.... I really need some help I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong. I cant think that ALL of these are males.

Anyway .. this is my LAST plant that I thought was female. Out of 5 seeds all have been male if this one is male too. The thing is I think Im seeing female pistils on one side and a ball on the other... and the plant seems like its flowering?

Im at 10 days 12/12 and need to know several things if you guys could help me out Ild really appreciate it. This is a different plant then is pictured above (its my last).

1) Is this male or female in your guys opinion?

2) Is it a hermie?

3) If it is hermie... Im wondering if my tent has light leaks :/

8 weeks of work and I gotta start all over ... WTF.

Attachments

• IMG_3894.jpg
    IMG_3894.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3893.jpg
    IMG_3893.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3892.jpg
    IMG_3892.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3890.jpg
    IMG_3890.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3896.jpg
    IMG_3896.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3898.jpg
    IMG_3898.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3899.jpg
    IMG_3899.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 9

joedogsong

Wow, that sucks...but not terribly unusual though...if all environmental issues are in check, I'd get a new source of seeds.
Keep plugging away, you grow long enough and you see all kinds of stuff.

I had a run this year where I thought male flowers were showing but it turned out to be tertiary branching, I thought the new branching was male flowers, good thing I had the patience to keep a couple of them going, after I pulled most thinking they were male.

Good Luck

OZZ_

Veteran
Well their Serious Seeds AK 47.

But what sucks ... are you saying thats male?

I need confirmation on those last pics please. Theres definately female hairs Im seeing... but looks like balls too. I dont know for sure ...

????

joedogsong

All I'm saying that it sucks to work the plants for so long only to find out that your male percentages are so high, been there.

Your right, looks like both...hermie, don't care where you got 'em, I'd go somewhere else.

Obsidian

Veteran
SS AK47 are extremely stable plants.
it take some serious stress to herm SS AK47
You have male plants and herm'd females.
yes you have a serious light leak.
Can you climb inside the tent with the plants out of it?
If so you need to go inside close it up tight and look for the light.
seal the leaks with something.
I bet when you climb in side with the lights off it looks like stars all over the place, pinholes everywhere, that's how the tent material is in some of the cheap tents.

another question for you...
do you have the tent in a room with lights on after the plants light goes off?
why, because most of these tent are not light proof.
your tent should be in complete darkness afte the plants lights go off.
stay out of the same room.
nothing wrong with your seeds, it's your grow setting.

OZZ_

Veteran
Thanks for the help guys.

I do have my tent in a room but I try to stay out of it after lights go off. I did zip myself in there and taped up some of the bigger holes I found, but I dont think I did it well enough.

I have another tent I use for veg, but I left a couple vent flaps open on the furthest side away from the flower tent so the intake would be better. Im guessing thats a bad idea. Also, I have a CFL in the closet for clones and seeds, I have the closet doors shut but light of course leaks out through the bottom and sides of the closet.

I didnt think that small amount of ambient light in the room would be enough to get through those pinholes in the tent and cause any harm at lights out.

That must be my main problem. Lights are currently on right now... I think Im going to pull the plant out and set it in the room with all the lights on, then zip myself back up in the tent and try to find the leaks. If I can get it to where I see no leaks with all this light on, I wouldnt think theres anyway a little ambient light in the room at night would cause a problem?

I guess thats my fault on this plant then.. because I swear it was female with hairs and all... just since I added the cfl to the closet have these nanners appeared so maybe thats the problem.

Shit ... Maybe Ill just build a dam cabinet in the room... these tents seem like they might be more hassle then their worth!

This sucks! lol ....