What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need rate to feed Magnesium

yweride

I am starting to see the beginning signs of Magnesium deficency in my coco/perlite blend.

Can anyone reccomend a good ratio of Magnesium Sulfate to water to run through my drip system to fix this problem?

All I could find info on was for foliar feed, which I already did. Just looking for a longer term solution, that I can continue to run when I water.

Thanks!

amanda88

Mg. def, is a wonder in itself, easy to cure via foilar, and in bad cases you can actually see it work, add 1/2 teaspoon of calmag or Epsom salts to a pint spray bottle fill with warm water shake and spray 2x time per day ...good luck

amanda88

Mg deficiency is an 'old' plant issue unless you are stripping the calcium out of your water by RO, or are over nuking your plants there is very little way of any plant become magnesium deficient, unless you have been removing or adding calcium ...to the plants rootzone

post a pic ....and get it right

yweride

picture.php

maryanne3087

Before adding additional Mg to your reservoir you should make sure that a lack of Mg is the case.

What's your pH?

Mg becomes less available at 5.8 - 5.9 so I choose to use a pH of 6.0-6.1 when I ran 5.5 - 5.8 I had a lot of issues with deficiencies probably because I unintentionally fall under that 5.8 range too often.

yweride

I screwed up big time with my nutes, measuring by weight when it should have been by volume. Two weeks ago when I finally got the ppm meter going i discovered I was running about up to 2000tds. Since then I have fixed that and we are now running 550 ppm Jacks 5-12-26 and 350 calnit at every watering.

The plants pictured are the worst ones, most of them look just great. With all the plants the last week's growth is looking much better. I thought with the overfeeding of the plants they would be dark dreen, but they are not.

-Coco blend ph is 6.1
-water ph is unknown
-water ppm is less than 100, meter won't go below that.

My guess us that I got into a lock-out issue

maryanne3087

Water pH is very important under 100 is good water. Mine is 140 and I use 50% RO usually.

Measuring by weight is probably more accurate than by volume if done correctly.

I'd flush your plants until your run off matches your feed.

Also make sure you're getting 10-20% run off each water, maybe closer to 20% considering your circumstances.