What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need outdoor specific strains

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I'm looking for outdoor specific strains.

Yields along with size are helpful.

Thank you

Koondense

Veteran
There are some, but you could be more specific on what you really want.
Has to be said that most commercially available autos are bred indoors and so are not adapted to do their best outdoors.

You want small fast plants or big long-going autos? What is your climate type? Growing style?
There are so many variables so recommending a strain without knowing some details is pointless.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mr. Celsius-

Have grown hundreds of outdoor autos....depending on what you want....sativa or indica autos? Hybrids? That's what we do (afterthought autos)... auto sat/ind hybrids.

Are you growing them in plain sight (balcony/porch)? Incognito 9in a garden, amongst other plants/flowers? Guerilla 9out in the woods/boonies??

Question is vague...a little more detail would be beneficial in recommendations.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Mr. Celsius-

Have grown hundreds of outdoor autos....depending on what you want....sativa or indica autos? Hybrids? That's what we do (afterthought autos)... auto sat/ind hybrids.

Are you growing them in plain sight (balcony/porch)? Incognito 9in a garden, amongst other plants/flowers? Guerilla 9out in the woods/boonies??

Question is vague...a little more detail would be beneficial in recommendations.

Thank you for the response.

Plain sight. Looking for a strain that yields well and gets big. Sativa or indica are both fine. 38 degrees lat, Mediterranean climate.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
I have spyder already and plan on testing think different and big devil #2. Looking for others.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Kannabia Maxi Autos, 5 months growing, 200plus grams yield, Black Domina or Thai Thingy, for some reason they stopped doing the Jack Herer, plant now for late August harvest... you need to be quick. Best Auto smoke I have tried so far.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweet Seeds have some good ones, as do Short Stuff, as do ours, in particular (grown outdoors exclusively). Kannabia has some nice ones, as well (already mentioned). Depends on how much you want to care for the auto. Good soil/amendments, good care, big container= large yield.

Last edited:

Rinse

Veteran
Dragon master autos, available at ****. Bred outdoors in Spain.
If you want bigger yeild take a look at the non autos at the same site.

Last edited by a moderator:

agito

the nearest thing i could see on a diary on a good result outdoor was a commercial green house with think different and auto extreme the other variety's they had in there got mold so id look at those

members name is chak-ra

Last edited:
From what I have heard from experienced trustworthy growers is that auto mazar is a great producer.

I am doing an indoor breeding grow now for autos that will be used outdoors with a similar goal. I chose Amnesia auto by Dinafem (longer flower time larger plant) I Am crossing it to Amnesia, Haze 2, and Critical +2. All Dinafem Autos.

I hope the OP doesnt mind me hijacking this thread for a moment.. I too am on the hunt for a short flowering auto... as short as possible, to be grown in a greenhouse. I wanted to do a light dep this year but I am not always around or able to pull a tarp on schedule. So I was thinking of maybe loading a green house with some very fast flowering autos... any suggestions? I am at lat. 38/39

thanks!

agito

Most autos are mold prone . indoors my quickest auto was femaleseeds.nl speedbud under 60 days probs add 1-2 weeks outdoor small plant though. if it was me id rather do the larger ones and wait the additional 2 weeks. theres been some monster mazar plants outdoor grows on here