What's new

Need Hotel Info

J

James-Bong

Hey i found my plane ticket..... $530 round trip out of O'hare.... now i need help with Hotels... i want to be in a central location.... Was wondering if someone out there could give me some Hotel names that are gonna be close to were all the 420 events are gonna be.

G

Hey Indigo, are you going to be there this year? If so, plan on giving me that hug your owe me. Take care and nice to see you around.
Stay safe

G

Indigo said:
Hey GDW, I won't be going, but a friend of yours who hasn't been around in a while will be representing :wink: I'll especially request that a hug be given to you on my behalf! Y'all are gonna have a blast! I'm envious, but you my dear damn sure deserve this! :smile:

:wave:

Hey there, it's going to be nice to see our friend there. I'm planning a super trip and can't wait to see everyone and meet them. Still looking for a Hotel room myself. Trying to find the right place for me. Good luck to all and can't wait to meet everyone.
Take care

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
If budget is your thing, the rooms at the hotel Bellevue are reasonable. the hotel is pretty much right across from centraal station at Martelaarsgracht 10, private facilities, comfy bed, t.v. and an elevator fot 75 euro a night for a single toom. the best hotel value in Amsterdam is the Brouwer at singel 83, single room with bath and toilet for like 50 euro, double for 80 breakfast included. the only downers to the brouwer is no credit cards and the building is no smoking, though there are many nice coffeeshops within a 5 minute stroll. you can contact the brouwer at www.hotelbrouwer.nl . I hope this helps some.

peace -fb

G

if you want to stay in the jordaan, which is less hectic and more neighborhoody, try the hotel acacia, I think it's pretty reasonable, under e$100 a night at least. If you want restaurant, pub, or coffeshop recommendations for the area I might be able to help as well...

PS: I live here now and will be helping out with the cup, so please feel free to ask me anything...

Jahminded

hazy...thanks for the link. I found a much cheaper room, 334 Euro for 6 nights, and its located right by Dam Square. Much better location. It may not be as nice of a place, but how much time do I plan on spending in the room. Not much.

Thanks again. You saved me almost 300 Euro. If you are gonna be there I hope I can smoke one with you.

Jahminded

G

what do you mean commercialized?

is it not a good place to stay?

cheese

G

noone stay at HOTELDE LA HAYE in leidseplien the smoke detecors go off when smoking in the room and the owner is freakin crazy and rude and mean. they say and said it was smoke friendly but wasnt... almost got kicked out of there and we prepaid for 6 nights... only good thing about it was the fact that is was 2mins walkin from milkweg and the sugar factory... please for your own good noone stay at this hotel... nasty bathrooms horrible service...now the pulitzer is freakin awsome... and its notfar from everything... just my experience there...

Marco Renda

I stayed at the HOTEL DE PARIS and it is only a 2 minute walk to the Sugar Factory. It is SMOKE FRIENDLY!

Take Care and Peace
Marco

G

hey marco!!

how is it going my friend... i still have yet to see you at the kindred cafe... maybe soon or later :D

just wondering where you found your plane tickets and such as i am planning my trip to amsterdam

happy holidays

cheese

G

Any know anything about the rooms at The Greenhouse Effect? I know it's far, but it's smoke friendly for sure. Problem is I see mixed reviews about rudeness and cleanliness. I don't mind a dump but it has to be clean, dammit!

Has anyone stayed there recently?

G

I talked to a few girls that stayed there from NYC. They were very upset about the cleaniness but they could have been a lil picky as they were kinda upscale NYC'rs. The Eden Hotel is a lil closer and is always clean but will probably be more expensive.

G

Looks quite nice. I haven't heard of that hotel yet so not sure how they are. Looks very clean and nice though. Decent price too. And instead of going West then South to get to the Sugar Factory you can just go South to Liedsplien a lil faster. Cutting across the canals is usually faster then following them.