What's new

Need help with what hydro system i should go

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Hempy buckets for the win. As far as what size container, measure your space, and since you're shooting for 15, you should be able to figure out what size containers are going to fit in your space in a 3X5 configuration. good luck

medicalmj

Veteran
You should get 1-1.5 oz per sq foot if you have around 6k lumens per sq/ft and everything else dialed properly.

While my experience is everything but hempy, I've seen 4" RW cubes, which has about the same volume as the 2 liter, consistently yield 3 oz. And that was packed at rate of about 1 per 2.25 sq/ft. (area under 1k light) which comes to about 12 per 4x4 table. and it looks like the hempy will yield similar results.

GL, let us know!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was going to start doing hydro I would go with the Black Bucket Deep Water System. Very easy to setup for as new Hydro grower. This is another personal preferance thing. Some like some dont..

downtoearth

direction

direction

If I was going to start doing hydro I would go with the Black Bucket Deep Water System. Very easy to setup for as new Hydro grower. This is another personal preferance thing. Some like some dont..

Hey Hammer. What is a good bucket system to go with? I'm tired of the Nitrogen problems I get with soil. Not to mention the wasted mess.:tumbleweed:

perfekto

Whel i dont want to use coco. i'm going the oldway with perlit and vermculit or is that dumb?. i mean is cocobetter since i want a passive hydro system so i dont need to water them everyday. and then i got another question about the clones. if i wont get a little hydrosystem for them and just want to put em in small plastic cup with perlit in the resiour and perlit&vermculit mix for the rest just dip em in rooting gele and then water em daily with water or?. and then shouldent i get a root!it or something else to put the clones in and until i see them get some roots then i put em in 2L bottles..

i just did a grow with 11 short ryder AF under a 200w LE lamp at the first month then i bought my self a Apollo 6 186wattage LED and it was in soil in 3.6L soilpot and i got out 167 gram and thats the total weigh once they were cured and done. so now i will go SoG with top44 as strain with 2 mothers and prolly will be with this setup we're talking right now the hempy bucket and i will either get a Apollo 8 with 356wattage LED and use that with Apollo 6. or i will run Apollo 6 with a 200watt CFL red lamp :). so i'd hope to get out pretty much with SoG each month.. should i be able to get out 15-20 gram each plant in a 2liter bottle?. since i nearly got out 30+ gram each other plant in Soil just 11 plants AF:ed once

downtoearth

Hey Perfeckto. What is the outcome you wish to achieve? Just curious. Maybe I can offer of a similar or better thought.

perfekto

Hey Perfeckto. What is the outcome you wish to achieve? Just curious. Maybe I can offer of a similar or better thought.

i want to be able to get out atleast 150gram once it dryed each month in SoG. i got out more then that with 11 plants in 3.6Liters pot but that took me about 3months since i dident grow from clones

perfekto

i want to be able to get out atleast 150gram once it dryed each month in SoG. i got out more then that with 11 plants in 3.6Liters pot but that took me about 3months since i dident grow from clones

oh forgot to mention that i want to do hempy bucket kinda test some soft hydro before going a completly system that i buy later. i dont want to have to feed everyday well ofc i will need to do that at the beginning but later on i would like just to feed once every 3 day or something.

perfekto

Hey!, i got a 60x60x180centimeters tent and a 40x40x160centimeter tent.

For this setup i'm going,
Type of grow : Hempy bucket SoG 2L bottles
Type of Light : Apollo6 186w LED & 200w CFL Red
or : Apollo6 together with Apollo8 356w LED

Hey!. i just finished 11 darlings of the strain Short Ryder AF:ed i used the 250 CFL lamp for the first month they got vegged then i switched to Apollo6 186w for about 1,5 month LED and the total weight when the buds had cured after a little more then 1 week it was 167 gram

the strain will be TOP44 so is it able to get about 15-20gram each plant in a 2liter bottle?. i would be able to fit in 20 plants in a 60x60 space right?. more LEDs now or should i stick to Apollo6 and the 250 CFL one is the two Apollo's overkill for SoG in this small space and root space?. btw i will use CO2 to.

and my other question is about the clones taking from the mother's. Should i use root!it or some cube kinda when taking clones dipp some root gele on the stem and then put it in a small bottle with Hempy bucket vermculit in the resoir and put a hole about 5 centimeters up?. and then the rest is a mix with 3:1 vermculit and perlit?. or should i realy go coco's?, i dont want to have to water em each day maybe 1 or 2 each 4th day? a 150w BLUE SPECTRUM CFL will be used in this 40x40 space for 2 mothers and clones

what i realy would like is that someone just read what i write here and dont recommend something diffrent that i dont have or that i ain't speaking about. and that someone can tell me if its correct that i have perlit in the resvoir and a 3:1 mix of perlit and vermculit for the rest none has answered that question yet and it has nearly pass over one week

justanotherbozo

Veteran
how much can each plant give in 2 litre bottel?. shouldent i use a 3Liter bucket instead?. since i will use a DIY cloner with air stone should i put the clones in some kind of medium that i later dig in the hempy bucket/ or hempy bottle?. since else the clones will be standing for them self if i dont use a rockwool cube or just a root.it cube or what?. and do i only use perlit in the resvoir? . and the other i mix perlit and vermculit together?

Hey!, i got a 60x60x180centimeters tent and a 40x40x160centimeter tent.

For this setup i'm going,
Type of grow : Hempy bucket SoG 2L bottles
Type of Light : Apollo6 186w LED & 200w CFL Red
or : Apollo6 together with Apollo8 356w LED

Hey!. i just finished 11 darlings of the strain Short Ryder AF:ed i used the 250 CFL lamp for the first month they got vegged then i switched to Apollo6 186w for about 1,5 month LED and the total weight when the buds had cured after a little more then 1 week it was 167 gram

the strain will be TOP44 so is it able to get about 15-20gram each plant in a 2liter bottle?. i would be able to fit in 20 plants in a 60x60 space right?. more LEDs now or should i stick to Apollo6 and the 250 CFL one is the two Apollo's overkill for SoG in this small space and root space?. btw i will use CO2 to.

and my other question is about the clones taking from the mother's. Should i use root!it or some cube kinda when taking clones dipp some root gele on the stem and then put it in a small bottle with Hempy bucket vermculit in the resoir and put a hole about 5 centimeters up?. and then the rest is a mix with 3:1 vermculit and perlit?. or should i realy go coco's?, i dont want to have to water em each day maybe 1 or 2 each 4th day? a 150w BLUE SPECTRUM CFL will be used in this 40x40 space for 2 mothers and clones

what i realy would like is that someone just read what i write here and dont recommend something diffrent that i dont have or that i ain't speaking about. and that someone can tell me if its correct that i have perlit in the resvoir and a 3:1 mix of perlit and vermculit for the rest none has answered that question yet and it has nearly pass over one week

i've never used the perlite/vermiculite mix myself so i can't answer that question although i have to assume the answer can be found very early in that thread i linked you to already.

try to understand that questions about the basics have been asked and answered many, many times so sometimes it's just easier to go hunting for your answers rather than sitting and waiting, ...the answers are DEFINATELY already here.

...also, as to yield per plant and all that, well, that can only be answered by you because it can be affected by so many variables that none of us can actually see.

anyway, here is a couple White Rhino's that yielded just under 2 ounces each for a total of just under 4 ounces in 4 liters of media and grown under a 400CMH in coco hempy-buckets.

picture.php

...i don't remember what this one yielded but it's pretty frosty so i like to show it off, ...btw, all of these plants where fed nothing but MaxiBloom from rooted clone to harvest.

picture.php

bozo

Latest posts

Latest posts