What's new

Need help with EZ cloner

COS

Just got a EZ cloner. I'm on day 16 and not seeing any roots yet. Using tap water phed to 5.8 water temps kept at 68-70 F with a chiller. Air temp is 74F.

Normally these cuttings are ready for trans plant by this time using RW cubes.

Am I not doing somthing right?

Veggia farmer

I have been playing around with something similiar for awhile. They will get roots in time. But many variables can influence the speed. How soft/hard wood the cutting are has been the biggest factor at my place. And bacterias:/ So I have started to use a little chlorine to be honset. I find it hard to keep it all clean if Im not changing water very often (something can be a bit time consuming at my place atm).

Pics of the cuttings?

COS

I use the clear rez every 5 days like EZ clone says and its staying clean.

Attachments

• 20210311_111342.jpg
    20210311_111342.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 46

Veggia farmer

Ok, The stem is also not infected?

If its clean I sure dont know soo long as the stem is not very woody, temps good so?

Tried adding a little nutes?

COS

Stems are still good, I always take cuttings from the top of my mother plant that has the newest and softest growth.

I've added a small amount of clonex after the first week.

I really do hope they root but this is taking way to long. This making me want to go back to RW cubes.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Stems are still good, I always take cuttings from the top of my mother plant that has the newest and softest growth.

I've added a small amount of clonex after the first week.

I really do hope they root but this is taking way to long. This making me want to go back to RW cubes.

Cloning is all about options... I don’t know a grower that sticks to a single method.. sometimes my cloner goes sideways and I’ll go to Rockwool or rapid rooters... I use clonex and Kln hormone... If you will foliar once or twice before you take clones with a solid kelp blend that will help... also keep the N low for your mothers N will prohibit roots in excess

maryjanesdad

Be open to othe rmethods. Years ago I had a issue with my ez cloner. Out of nowhere none of my cuttings grew roots. I didn't change anything so wtf? I took more cuttings and tried again and nothing. I went back to rapid rooters and the dome and had fully rooted cuttings in a week:chin:. Try the dome and rapid rooters and see what happens.

TheDarkStorm

Hello coz...I see your using a chiller...does that mean your chilling your water ?....I always found in those clone machines they root faster when the water is a little warm...eg about 22°c..... have you added a little of your rooting hormone into the reservoir.....mind you I find its not really necessary in those cloners but may help in this instance....we used to always clone just to the side of a 250wat halide...with a water heater and theyd clone in 7-10 day at most.....a picture of the top of the cloner with plants and in your clone area and inside your cloner so we can see the set up and water levels may help

COS

Just to give an update I'm finally seeing roots now after 21 days maybe another week and I can transplant. I'll try keeping the water temp at 75F next round.

Mattbho

As long as u keep it clean they will be faster at 75 .

poster whos cloner stopped rooting try ewc tea in it for a while . When mine stopped rooting , i read instructions for sterilizing them it worked but i always went back to ewc tea

HydroManiac

I have a ez-cloner 75f has always been to warm for the water. I can't remember the break down of oxygen levels in water at higher temps but I believe at 75f oxygen levels are low. Another issue I have had is the warmer temps can make the stem kind of soggy which is a issue as well

Fixer

Are you using a timer? I run 15 on and 15 off. the only time I've had issues is when the cloner gets too hot.

Latest posts

Latest posts