What's new

Need Help two weeks into flowering leafs getting yellow with brown spots!

S

Stickyganja

Bagseed Purple Kush
2 weeks into flowering
2 gallon pot
Fox farm soil - gave her grow big in veg stage.
will start feeding them tiger bloom friday

I have two plants both the same strain that I have been growing with cfls, one is doing absolutely amazing while the other one seems to have gotten a little sick. nonetheless she is still beautiful and i was wondering if you guys could help me fix her ): its my first grow and i have become attached to them and to see her sick sucks!
Please help me!!!!

IMG_1830_zps1adaf7e5.jpg
shes the one on the left

IMG_1829_zpsc88da03e.jpg

IMG_1828_zpseb6c2b0f.jpg

IMG_1827_zps85390c5a.jpg

IMG_1826_zpsc8f10252.jpg

thank you guys!!!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Fox Farms - and most mass distributed soild come with gifts called root aphids.

Check your roots - White and fuzzy is good, opaque and limp is bad. itty bitty crawley things may be bad and little black flying things is really, really bad.

S

Stickyganja

I don't have any bugs that I can see and as for the root I believe they are white and fuzzy I transplanted them like 4 days ago so I doubt it's root rot. I'm scared it might just be nute lockout as I have been watering them with faucet water. I flushed it out with purified water yesterday but it still looks the same. Also I was wondering if I should pick the yellow and brown leafs off?

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Ias I have been watering them with faucet water. I flushed it out with purified water yesterday but it still looks the same. Also I was wondering if I should pick the yellow and brown leafs off?

There's a clue - what is the pH?
pH is really important and accurate readings can be of prime importance. Some people say it's not an issue and they have never checked thiers - my garden improved noticeably.

And,,, - flowering nutes can cause huge swings in pH - go easy, sometimes less is better - I still get flashbacks to half a room watered with flower nutes as the label said - 12 hours later half the room turned from green and lush to golden yellow.

If it aint dead - leave it alone.
Plants can draw from green and yellowing vegatation. Brown and crispy, can be trimmed.

Beam me up Scotty!

S

Stickyganja

There's a clue - what is the pH?
pH is really important and accurate readings can be of prime importance. Some people say it's not an issue and they have never checked thiers - my garden improved noticeably.

And,,, - flowering nutes can cause huge swings in pH - go easy, sometimes less is better - I still get flashbacks to half a room watered with flower nutes as the label said - 12 hours later half the room turned from green and lush to golden yellow.

If it aint dead - leave it alone.
Plants can draw from green and yellowing vegatation. Brown and crispy, can be trimmed.

Beam me up Scotty!

okay I need to go buy a PH reader to check my soil run off but how much do those run for? So if i flushed it last night should i just wait a few days for improvements? I was watering both my plants with the same faucet water and only one shows these symptoms. I immediatly stop giving them that water and now its straight purified water. yeah i have yet to start with flowering nutes but when i start feeding them this week should i start with half the recomendation on the bottle?

thanks again man

Is this only happening to one plant? Obviously must be a stronger feeding pheno than the rest. Are you using any calmag? May need more nutes than the others

S

Sat X RB

yeah, you can take off the leaves that are doing nothing now.

while there is interveinal yellowing such as would be found with Mg shortage the rest of the plant doesn't reflect that this is so.

and I see other leaves that are brown and spotty close to the veins. but this doesn't look like deficiency of any sort.

as said previously ck yr pH. you can buy soil test kits about $16 in this country.

if yr pH is high (7+) add a light sprinkle of Dolomite (like sugar on a cake) to yr soil and water in. this will also add Mg.

but I 'm not so sure ... look again for insects in yr soil.

S

Stickyganja

Is this only happening to one plant? Obviously must be a stronger feeding pheno than the rest. Are you using any calmag? May need more nutes than the others

yeah only the one on the left is showing signs of this, no what is cal mag? im thinking it needs more nutes or maybe its calling for its flowering nutes? becuase i just rambled through the top layer of the soil and nothing. I added gravel to top the soil for less soil errosion maybe the gravel had a bug or something but i highly doubt it i washed it through water for a good 10 min. and i added the gravel to both of them so i mean if it happend to one im sure if it was bugs it wouldve spread by now dont you think?

S

Stickyganja

yeah, you can take off the leaves that are doing nothing now.

while there is interveinal yellowing such as would be found with Mg shortage the rest of the plant doesn't reflect that this is so.

and I see other leaves that are brown and spotty close to the veins. but this doesn't look like deficiency of any sort.

as said previously ck yr pH. you can buy soil test kits about $16 in this country.

if yr pH is high (7+) add a light sprinkle of Dolomite (like sugar on a cake) to yr soil and water in. this will also add Mg.

but I 'm not so sure ... look again for insects in yr soil.

okay i will ramble through the soil again but i doubt its bugs. what kind of bugs should i look for? should i dig deep into my pot to look for them or just the top? where can i find dolomite?
also i was thinking of adding molases to my watering instead of plain water as i heard it makes your MJ sweeter and denser. do you think ill encounter any problems?

*theres no access to my room to any outside sources so i cant see how it would be bugs. does ffof come with bugs? anyone else have this problem with ffof

S

Stickyganja

do stronger feeding phenos produce better buds? or is it just a feeding difference?

Mainly a feeding difference. I suggest feeding your bloom nutes immediaetly. I think she needs them, if problems persist then maybeyourph is off. I don't think its Ph at this point. How often are you watering?

S

Stickyganja

Mainly a feeding difference. I suggest feeding your bloom nutes immediaetly. I think she needs them, if problems persist then maybeyourph is off. I don't think its Ph at this point. How often are you watering?

maybe once or twice a week depending on how they need it. i usually let half the soil get really dry then i water or feed them. Im going to buy my bloom nutes friday as they look like there calling for them. growth isnt big anymore im just really noticing stems get fatter and alot more white hairs appearing. height wise and new growth wise its not growing like when it was on its veg nutes but im thinking it just cause the flip.

S

Stickyganja

Dolomitic lime can be had at most gardening centers like HD, Lowes, etc. Be careful, it raises your soil PH so you can over-do it (I did...). The finer the grind, the easier it is absorbed.

Aluminum sulfate and sulfur are used to acidify soil, like if you want blue Hydrangea's or just OD'd on lime.

Here's a good read on the topic: http://www.clemson.edu/extension/hgic/plants/other/soils/hgic1650.html

thank you great that article helped explain PH alot more in depth. I need to go buy a ph reader asap probably friday as i dont have funds at the moment. other than that do you guys have any other tips for these babies? ima first time grower and just looking for tips and tricks

BrownThumb

Read the hell out of this site and you will find answers to virtually any question you may have and certainly some questions you have not even thought of, yet. Other than that, dial your PH and PPM's or EC, depending on the meter you choose (I bought a $15 PPM meter that works just fine) and you should be good to grow. Happy gardening!

S

Stickyganja

Read the hell out of this site and you will find answers to virtually any question you may have and certainly some questions you have not even thought of, yet. Other than that, dial your PH and PPM's or EC, depending on the meter you choose (I bought a $15 PPM meter that works just fine) and you should be good to grow. Happy gardening!

thanks brother!:biggrin::woohoo:

BrownThumb

Honestly, I never bothered with soil... checking PH, etc, until I had issues. I am running a couple of plants in soil that are doing good, but I mixed the soil fresh instead of reusing it 2 or 3 times, which is kind of cheating in a way..LOL..it removes the challenge. But seriously, I see myself using Hempy buckets mainly in the future unless outdoors, and even then.... It's passive hydro (you water by hand) and in that case you definitely need a PH meter and PPM or EC meter. You also don't have to buy lime or any of those other soil amendments if your feed is complete (using GH-good stuff and cheap). Anyway, you'll figure it out like all the rest of us are or have, but you'll probably also evolve and try different methods out of interest or boredom. If you buy those tools, you will have the ability to do it about as good as anyone else if you can read and follow directions, it's just that simple.

Wendull C.

Veteran
IMO that plant looks locked out and hungry. Are your stems turning red? A lot of problems arise from lack of root space, root bound I mean imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts