What's new

Need help on how to wash sulfur off leaves..what a disaster

little-soldier

Hello fellow ICMAGERS,

So i've recently sprayed a mixture of micronized sulfur and water on my plants to kill russet mites and now i'm trying to wash the sulfur off the leaves and its a real PITA.
I have tried dunking the plants in water with little success
then i tried spraying the plants with a sprayer and got about 90% of the sulfur off the leaves. Problem is i am 4 days into flower and dont want to be smoking sulfur.
So i tried using a mixture of 1 part H2O2, 4 parts water with no effects to remove the remaining 10% sulfur
I also tried soapy water and oil soap water with no success either.
So it seems like my only option left is to scrub the sulfur off the leaves with my fingers which works but is very time consuming because I have to be gentle as to not break the leaves.
I got 10 plants like this and they are pretty big.
I'm running out of ideas and so this is where you chime in your 2 cents and hopefully I wont have to spend hours rubbing leaves.

I have sprayed many things on my plants and I have never encountered such a PITA product in my life.
To say that farmers use it on their crops.. The rain will NEVER WASH IT ALL OFF so we end up comsuming it in the end is my guess.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can safely spray a sulfur solution up until week 2-3. You are fine. No need to wash it off, thats the point of it. The residue is what wards of pest and fungus other than its contact. At this early on you have zero bud development. Its an incredible solution and a very natural one at that. Its a naturally occurring element and a micronutrient required for plant health.

little-soldier

You can safely spray a sulfur solution up until week 2-3. You are fine. No need to wash it off, thats the point of it. The residue is what wards of pest and fungus other than its contact. At this early on you have zero bud development. Its an incredible solution and a very natural one at that. Its a naturally occurring element and a micronutrient required for plant health.
I understand but the residue is still on the plant. Unless the plant can consume powder through its leaves, it will stay there forever which is why I don't understand why they would say to use it untill week 2 3. Maybe for edibles but for something you actually smoke.. I highly doubt it would be recommended for cannabis in the flowering stage.

moose eater

I understand but the residue is still on the plant. Unless the plant can consume powder through its leaves, it will stay there forever which is why I don't understand why they would say to use it untill week 2 3. Maybe for edibles but for something you actually smoke.. I highly doubt it would be recommended for cannabis in the flowering stage.
Plants consume all sorts of things through foliage.

Sounds like yours might take a bit longer.

Though I certainly understand your concern.

Continue spraying/misting with H2O.

Initially I thought about being a smart-ass and recommending a little tiny sulfur brush for scrubbing, but your concern was sincere, and my doing so, while perhaps humorous, wouldn't have been kind.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Again, its before any major flower formation. By the end of a 60+ day cycle theres little to nothing on the plants. A hell of a lot better than other miticide options. Id rather this path than smoking other possible residues. If you spray it within the first weeks you are fine. Trying to remove the residue partially defeats the purpose of application. Its like one step forward two steps back. Best of luck to you.

johnmitchell

To wash sulfur off leaves, try using a gentle, warm water spray combined with a small amount of mild dish soap. Spray the plants thoroughly, making sure to rinse off the soap completely with clean water. This method can help break down and remove the remaining sulfur without damaging the leaves. If that doesn't work, try using a soft brush to gently scrub the leaves while rinsing them with water. This approach should help you clean the sulfur off without spending hours rubbing each leaf.

Latest posts

Latest posts