What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help leveling my plant heights! Clone the top?

Hey all! This is my first grow and I've got 9 plants(Texada Timewarp 70/30% Sativa/Indica) in a 3x3 flood and drain table. 2 are growing taller than the others, and 2 are quite short.

The one in the back corner of the table is the tallest of them all, and isn't filling out like the rest. So I think I need to top/fim it so it is level with the others. But since these are going to be moms(regular seeds tho so I don't know how many girls yet) for my outdoor this summer, is there a way I can top/fim it and use that as a clone?

Here are the pics.

Thanks

Attachments

• TexadaTimewarp 001 (Large).jpg
    TexadaTimewarp 001 (Large).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
  • TexadaTimewarp 002 (Large).jpg
    TexadaTimewarp 002 (Large).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 5

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
You can do that if you need the clone. I use crimping to control my tall girls, type crimping into search and find the thread to read more on the technique.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Just clip the top growth point of the tallest plants. Don't get "fancy" with FIM. Just whack the top couple nodes clean off. The side branches will grow upwards and slow down the vertical growth. The runts will be runts. It happens. Don't mess up the rest of your garden to accomodate weak plants.

supercrop it. screw topping it why loose a viable bud site. just supercrop the tallest nodes and let the rest of them catch up. it will help bush your plants out and give you alot more bud sites on top.

kcbudz31

Seriously, every time I supercrop one of my plants and then forget that I did so for a while, I come back to a huge, laden-down, ridiculously topheavy yielder. I say "WTF?" and trim it, and then I find THE KNUCKLE and remember that I supercropped, haha.

budrot

If i was you i'd supercrop if they were in flower.

At the moment i'd just LST them. You'll get better branches if you do that anyway