What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help from Tincture Experts

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
How do you do a butane extraction with water hash? Could you do the same with dry sift?

G

Guest 26753

I guess you could, but as I said, Mullaway is the maker of magic and he keeps that info pretty tight lol
The real trick with a med grade tinc is to get 100% THC saturation, and the right choice of strain. If you use inferior product to start, you get sub-optimal quality, which detracts from the medicinal quality you are after. I can tell you that the tins I use are amazing for pain and sleep, as well as hunger and dream suppression - I have PTSD so need my tinc to be right so that the REM is disrupted and dreaming suppressed.

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Whole lot of good that does... :wallbash:

Edit: Post #3000... and I thought it was going to be something meaningful, I didn't even realize I had made it

Last edited:

big mike

well i am still a bit afraid of the alcohol tinc, so i picked up some vegetable glycerin, i have a double srawberry diesel comming down on the 11th and plan to use that in my tinc. if anyone has any tips for me, id be glad to hear them...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Smoking Moose said:
the tins I use are amazing for pain and sleep, as well as hunger and dream suppression

What is available for anxiety and physical sensation sensitivity?
I have Asperger's Syndrome so I'm ultra-sensitive to a lot of things like touch and taste and smell and stuff....

Yeah.. and LOTS of Anxiety LOL!!!

:fsu:

peacenik

I've always used Everclear as it's available here, or vodka as the base. You can always add a little water to thin it out when bottling it.
Once I saw some water-based tincture at a clinic in Oakland. Unfortunately none of the employees knew how it was made, or if it was just a concentrated tea.
I just put 1 cup of bud into a canning jar & pour in enough alcohol to cover it, maybe about 1" over. Then cover & put the jar in a cool, dark place for atleast 90 days. Then just strain out the buds really good & store it in a dark bottle (the eye-dropper type is best). I'd say the tastiest way to get this down is with tea, either iced or hot.

G

Guest 26753

Hydro-Soil said:
What is available for anxiety and physical sensation sensitivity?
I have Asperger's Syndrome so I'm ultra-sensitive to a lot of things like touch and taste and smell and stuff....

Yeah.. and LOTS of Anxiety LOL!!!

:fsu:
A sativa based tincture is best for the conditions involving nerve function.

G

Guest 26753

bounty29 said:
Would heat make it more recreational than medicinal?
Heat degrades the quality of the tinc. Also, tincs tend to have zero appeal to a rec user as there is no 'high'.

G

Guest 26753

peacenik said:
I've always used Everclear as it's available here, or vodka as the base. You can always add a little water to thin it out when bottling it.
Once I saw some water-based tincture at a clinic in Oakland. Unfortunately none of the employees knew how it was made, or if it was just a concentrated tea.
I just put 1 cup of bud into a canning jar & pour in enough alcohol to cover it, maybe about 1" over. Then cover & put the jar in a cool, dark place for atleast 90 days. Then just strain out the buds really good & store it in a dark bottle (the eye-dropper type is best). I'd say the tastiest way to get this down is with tea, either iced or hot.
If you use Cointreau as the alcohol source you don't need to dilute it the way you do if you use Everclear.

Murphle

Y'all got me interested in MMJ Tincs. I need to be functional(able to work), so the not appealing to the recreational side has reeled me in. Can you point me in the direction of more info/links? Stay safe/happy/healthy/green!!

G

Guest 26753

When Treating Yourself Mag publishes the Autumn issue, you will find an article by me on tinctures, including instructions from Mullaway on making them.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Smoking Moose said:
^great link. Thank you!

My pleasure Smoking Moose. I was turned on to it when the founder of VICS spoke at a San Diego ASA meeting. I have made several batches all using 100 proof Schanpps which is readily available at Bevmo stores. In addition to an oral spray, have also used the resulting ticnture to bake with. You can find lots of recipes for "Liqour Cakes" on the web. Here's my latest creation
Grow Tech said:
Orange Spice Muffins Grow Tech has a new recipe! Mediaction is obtained through the addition of Cinnamon Schnapps based tincture. They taste awesome:yummy:

Of course...it no longer has the same fast acting results of a sublingual application but is yet another nice use of a tincture.

Last edited:

onegreenday

Veteran
Heat degrades the quality of the tinc. Also, tincs tend to have zero appeal to a rec user as there is no 'high'.

I made a tincture using kif and it was full of "high"

A tincture is a full extraction of all the properties. Now perhaps your dose is so low that you don't get high but tinctures are loaded with
ALL the properties of the herb that can dissolve in alcohol, which includes THC & CBD.

E

elmanito

I made tinctures in the past of 40% and 70% alcohol and used several strains like a skunk variety, Orange Bud and a Russian variety (low THC, High CBD).
The one with Orange Bud (45% alcohol) was tested in the hospital and seemed to work just fine against vomiting during chemo therapy.I don't know the dosage they used but it was not just a few drops.

Alcohol is the best, also for conservation and biological activity.Persons who can't use alcohol can use a little bit of hot water to let evaporate the alcohol.It doesn't harm the biological activity of the tincture.

To extract the polyphenols of Cannabis flowers you can better use the au bain Marie method with water of 40 C (104 Fahrenheit) maximum.

Namaste :canabis: