What's new

Need help - friend wants to grow

I know y'all hate it when out of staters come for the Green Rush, but I need your advice.
I agreed to do this before I had a decent job where I am now and just wanted to dodge the New England winter. But now I'm actually building my bank account. In Cali I'll have more expenses, and it looks like we'll have to go big to make any money - like 10K in lights, need to get a warehouse or at least a place with a huge basement. More than I can afford. He has a good job requiring him to be near San Francisco, but is talking about getting an investor he knows to cover the expenses.
I am stressed about the fact that I have to plan my move for Feb 1 and we don't even know where we're going to do it. I like living here near family, and I'm saving money on my own rather than working with two others and an investor.
What do you think? Anyone who's moved out to grow - loved it or hated it? Went broke? Got rich quick?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I moved to cal right when medical was being passed just for that reason..i too was tired of new England winters..i don't regret it but theres way more money to be made where your at.....lots more...theses so many growers and dispensaries here...the san diego reader in the back has atleast 15 pages of em ..check weed maps there freeking everywhere...good luck..rent for a house in my area if you can find one averages about 2400 a month and no basements generally either...and utilities are a bitch...I buy a lot of growers gear on craigslist when they go broke..so buy me some good stuff no generic crap...lol..good luck..i like to visit san Francisco now and then but you couldn't pay me to live there..partnerships don't work well for me ..only one time out of 4 did it work out...I would come here ,,get a job and grow on the side till ya get to know whats what ...visit some places and inquire about vendors ...if you do it yourself you can do a smaller grow and make as much as if you had to split it with others...

soserthc1

I just don't see picking up without a plan and moving working out. If you don't have a big bank roll or a connection (solid) in the industry out there all ready. At best it's a long shot

I would love to grow for a living and often thing about it .....then I get my pay check and 4bills a zip and no complaining and life ain't that bad.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
when you end up selling your product for about half of what you could get where yer at..you will be kicking yourself in the ass....its a buyers market here not really a sellers....take a look at the prices here..check weed maps and see all the competition and those are just the ones that advertise and have a shop...yeehaw

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why do you think Cali is sending all its unsold bud here to the east coast ? because they can't get rid of it there for no where near what they can sell it for here . i can get Cali bud all day long here foe 2k a unit . but mine goes for a minimum of 4k , most times i still get 4.8 :biggrin:

move to cali ....... not a fuckin chance !!! :noway:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Investors, friends, partnerships all lead down the same road to Failtown.

Generally speaking.

Stay the course and save your pennies. Everything is easier when the only people you answer to are the other voices in your head.

Good luck.

doggod

You need at least $100k to even think about moving here and surviving. It will take you a year before you see any product.