What's new

Need a solution to my electrical problems

Nodgman isn't pushing the controller very hard at all so his chances of success are greater because of it. He also unloads the existing house wiring circuit at the same time, a good thing.

If the CAP controller overheats significantly, he's been properly cautioned to look out for that & will likely buy a better one should that occur.

Good luck, Nodgman. We all need some of that.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

Yeah I have been checking the unit which surprisingly is running cool to the touch. Now I wouldn't max it out with 4000w, i don't think maxing out any unit is a good idea especially a non listed unit.

Here's a photo of the intstalled unit

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It sounds like a connection came apart in your bathroom circuit. Were you pulling on wires that might have gone that direction?

Yes, Hydro Farm bought up most of CAP's line.

Those receptacles are the fucking junk that I was talking about - they bypass all applicable electrical standards and codes, and will accept any plug from a 15a @ 120v; 20a @ 120v; 15a @ 240v; and 20a @ 240v.

Don't plan on having your fire insurance cover you if you have a problem because they just got a "get out of jail free card", and if you look at the directions for that piece of shit, you will see that they have about the same amount of space dedicated to legal disclaimers of responsibility as they do for the actual instructions.

Good luck. From the sounds of your other post, adding the MLC to your existing problems is a really poor idea.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When working with 240v you need to call an electrician. If you fuck up you can die. I have 600 amps running to my place. I don't use them all but, I have dealt with this stuff enough to know, get a qualified electrician. Don't fuck around. Don't get a half assed handy man either. Consider fucking around with 240v like making bho in your house. Your gonna have a bad time.

south-park-s06e03c03-thumper-the-super-cool-ski-instructor-16x9.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts