What's new

Need a little help with topdressing

C

CC_2U

You betcha!

my hands would thank me.

I wonder if tractor supply has this line.

Is it stainless, or something you have to be careful with?

It's not stainless - yay! It's a carbon steel so you can (and should) keep it as sharp as you like.

These are tools for hardcore gardeners and not the weekend warriors who descend on your local HomeDepot or Loews operations. These tools are meant to be used and kept for years and years.

Even removing the handle and replacing it when necessary is stupid-dumb. Well designed and the designs were executed well.

CC_2U

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
So you guys dont think im lacking anything?
Cannabis grows like a weed,I'm sure you've heard that before. It will do just fine stuck in a lot of native soils here in the US with no amendments at all.
Somehow over time we were led to believe to give this plant more of 'this and that' out of the desire to maximize growth and yield than something that grows very much in the same manner like a tomato plant.
You're all good bro. As you learn more and more about this stuff you'll start seeing the results of certain amendments,wether if you used to much or believe that what you added has indeed actually helped.

mad librettist

Veteran
ah, that's like my japanese sickle!

I am having finding a good way to sharpen it though. A lansky set doesn't do the trick. But the tool is nice to wield.

C

CC_2U

I bought a couple of Japanese garden tools as well. Talk about 'industrial strength' - LMAO

The 'claw' is my favorite one to use!

CC_2U

love2gro

Thanks CC1..Im pretty sure they will be fine too.

I attached some pics.
1st is a group shot of one side
2nd is skunk #1
3rd lemon skunk
4th blueberry (first run)
5th orange bud (first run)

Attachments

• 100_0090 (2).jpg
    100_0090 (2).jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_0086 (2).jpg
    100_0086 (2).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0087 (2).jpg
    100_0087 (2).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0085 (2).jpg
    100_0085 (2).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0089 (2).jpg
    100_0089 (2).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 11
C

CC_2U

love2gro

That's a very nice garden. I wouldn't change much - if anything.

Press forward!

CC_2U

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't see you talking much about azomite Jay...what do you think about this stuff aside from the obvious properties?

i bought like five 50lb bags a few years ago. still using those same bags. mostly on veggies but the cannabis always gets a top dressing every now and then. its also good to add to compost piles, and worm bins.

C

CC_2U

Based on my reading, Jaykush is 'spot on' about including mineral (rock dusts) into one's compost and worm bins. The science on this is established and worthy of research.

Just an opinion..........

CC_2U