What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need a grow manager for a 30 light perpetual spot, NorCal

Status
Not open for further replies.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

mcN1rfm.gif

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
sweet pictures, looks fun

400 lights should make you about 15 million plus per year. what do ya do with all that money? besides pay the power bill and the trimmers

just seems kinda excessive i guess. but then weeds big business now so 400 lights wont seem like much soon

rykus

I just helped for a bit about a year in after start up.... the guy was trying to create a company to take public and in the end was a total dirt bag in so many ways the excitement wore off quick....I learned a lot...

prices here where way lower at the time, but yeah they will do good if he can keep staff...

just saying seems a bit much to limit one guy to 30 lights... if he is good, he should be able to organize and fully care take quite a few more imo and would probably need more time for other ventures or personal grows.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Jesus, you suckers really went nuts on this thread.

We usually have two people working at a time, watering alone takes about 2 hours a night because everything is hand watered. Three separate flowering Gardens, (Perpetual) a veg room, two big cloning machines, two big tents of moms, it takes time.

Foliar sprays, defoliation, transplanting, cloning, staking / taping, transplanting, dumping pots, washing smartpots, chopping plants down, scheduling 6 trimmers, managing the part time guys, takes time.Keeping track of foliar sprays, nutes, inventories, clones, 6 crops and making sure the place stays safe and tidy takes time and effort, I'm baffled by the people that think it all would take just a few hours a week.

Perpetual gardening means every 3 weeks everything rotates, except moms. 160 plants x 6 crops need love every day of the year. We have to do quick turnarounds, so we chop it, dump pots, refill it and refill veg in 48 hours. Then dry it, trim it, package the trim, dispose of green waste, and repeat.

He gets 30 an hour, PTO, flexible hours, and a gated bonus structure based on yield. Usually works out to around $1500 a month in bonuses, sometimes more.

Sheesh.

T

Timm

You're still underpaying the guy considering the kind of revenue generated from the work he is doing.

How exactly does your 'yield bonus' work?

HatchBrew

Veteran
You're still underpaying the guy considering the kind of revenue generated from the work he is doing.

How exactly does your 'yield bonus' work?

either your working for your dream to come true or someone else's. Your choice. dream bigger, work harder, make it happen. more pro less bro.

paper thorn

Veteran
WHY are you needing to post here..?

Why not? There are a lot of great growers here. Plus to a lot of us we're like family, we love each other bro.

Lazyman, props for offering this job to one of the icmag fam.:tiphat:

I'd be all over it, but kind of tied to this part of AZ

soserthc1

You guys are funny....underpaying at 75k a year and 1500 a month in bonuses if I read that correctly. If I didn't have a family I'd be on this in a minute. See I bust my ass at a reg job for 52k a year just kinda to hide my other income. Plus this dude is trying to find help on the internet we all know that can be shaky. Personally if I wanted this job dude would of got a pm and I would of accept a fair offer then busted my chops to show him I'm about business and getting shit done. Money would fall in line after that as good helps hard to find.

Good luck dude

In my opinion the offer is more than fair. It's just not very much work. It would be for sure if one person ran the whole operation, as well as did the trim work and was responsible for distribution. In a legal setting the op's offer is very generous.

For me, the hard part about being a grower is doing every job. To just show up to work and grow would be so very nice. Running any business can be tough, bearing every ounce of responsibility. If I lived locally I would apply for sure.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Part of the equation I think some of you may not be be familiar with, is the hours the lights are on. Veg turns on at 6 pm, flower at 7. Though green headlamps can help a bit working in the dark, it's difficult to do complex tasks like defoliation of 160 plants. Also, guys don't work usually work 8 hours, they usually do 3 or 5 hour stints so they aren't wide awake at 2 AM.

Also, trimming is outsourced, one person would take 3 weeks to trim one crop, and would have time for nothing else. Time to market is important. Unless you know someone who can trim 4 pounds per day? Lol

highsteppa

Veteran
seems reasonable to me. A friend just got a warehouse grower/manager job for whoever is doing NY's medical...80k

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
No, they clogged easily, or went runaway and lost half a tank of nutes overnight. Our mix is about 75% perlite, 25% coco so they dry out fast, and don't signal blumats well. My guys were very grateful we ditched them. If anyone wants to buy 400 blumats hit me up.

Technically Sebastopol. My current manager is moving on, and he does lots of work. Full time, everything from cloning, transplanting, supply runs, pruning/staking, watering, changing tanks, water filters, dumping pots, chopping for harvest, managing trimmers and a few other part time employees. Good hourly wages and bonuses, available immediately. Must live nearby and available from 2pm to 10 pm 5 to 6 nights a week, have own car and be smart and reliable. Will train the right person, no tweakers or dishonest people. Also need a part time guy a couple nights a week to help with projects, and watering, but need a new right hand man to step up and kick some ass! PM me on IC

Hello Lazyman. Did you ever find a manager? Jah bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.