What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Natural Terpene Booster: Does Your Area Have a Rabbitry?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Check this shit out when you get a chance, I'm sold on it being the only nutrient base I'll use from now on. Especially with my cannabis and for all my garden foods and herbs. $30/gallon in my area and a great deal.

Attachments

• DSCN6798.JPG
    DSCN6798.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:

iTarzan

I buy rabbit manure and make manure tea. Add a quart of manure to 5 gallons of water and let it work a couple days, stirring several times daily. Then I dilute it by dividing it equally in 4 five gallon buckets for a total of 20 gallons of tea. Douglas is right because my plants have been loving it at 1 time a week feedings.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I have a friend that raises rabbits and would be willing to share but I use Jacks nutrients in ProMix, think it might still beneficial to do a tea or would it cause more harm by affecting the pH of my media?

Piff_cat

looks cool i wonder if it increases sulfur. check out methyl jasmonate if you really wanna induce strong terpene reaction, it is the hormone used by most plants to induce defense mechanisms such as delta carene in pine trees when they encounter pinetree nematodes

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
you are totally missing the boat with Rabbit Guano, Hares produce a 175% increase in canna terps compared to rabbit shit.

for best results you need the proper Hare genetics sourced from south west Tierra Del Fuego.

I tie one of these critters to each of my outdoor plants with high test fishing line and as the plant grows I increase the length of their leash but be careful that they can't get close enough to their neighbors to fight or procreate.

South American Hares are really nasty and genocide is a byproduct of using these terpene boosters. they are climbers too and will rid your plants of all insects as they boost your terps.

H hopper.JPG

herman.JPG

Douglas.Curtis

Got a link on any data behind it? Most studies I've read are based on pellet fed rabbits, while hares likely have a much more varied diet rich in herbs.

My rabbits are fed pellets, aaaaand:
Oat/Barley/Wheat straw
Comfrey
Various types of Thyme
Rosemary
Sage
Sunflower sprouts
Black oil sunflower seeds
Mullein
Various types of basil
Various types of mint
Chamomile
Lemon grass
One of my goals is to cut and dry enough herbs each year, so I can consistently feed them dry herbal hay. Right now they get a handful of fresh plants twice a day.

I figure the terpene boost is very similar to hare poop, and no leashes or vicious animals needed. :)I use sweet natured, silver fox type rabbits. Freaking adorable creatures.

20220713_114409.jpg My bunny with his head down, waiting for lovins...
:)

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

@Chunkypigs
Gotta admire your dedication, and no pests is a boon. My rabbits would eat the plant. While rabbits may have the same type of digestion system, they really are too genetically separated to crossbreed with hares, so there are a number of differences. Cannabis is much too rich in calcium for rabbits anyway. ;)

iTarzan

LOL chunky pigs. Interestingly hares are quite different than rabbits. Rabbits are a white meat and hares are a red meat. Rabbits eat grass and hares eat plants stems, twigs and roots. Rabbit manure is a cold manure and does not need composted. Hare manure is hot and needs to be composted. Hare manure is closer to cow manure.

Rabbits are delicious, mild and tasty. Hares are gamey but delicious in a different way.
Hares have never been domesticated. They live alone and are hermits. I don't think anybody has quantities of hare manure. You would have to go around gathering up little piles of hare poop and it would take you all day to get a cup of pellets. LOL!

Rabbit manure for the win.

Chandrika

looks cool i wonder if it increases sulfur. check out methyl jasmonate if you really wanna induce strong terpene reaction, it is the hormone used by most plants to induce defense mechanisms such as delta carene in pine trees when they encounter pinetree nematodes

Also produces the hay smell. So how do you choose which smell will come out? Hay or d3carene?