What's new

Name you favorite organic grow books

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you have a pdf reader you can just download it, only like 4mb. it has pictures of fungi, nematodes you can only see in the pdf.

sophisto

Great info e-body.

JK that link is slick thanks, even though you dont own any books your pretty resourceful after all...LOL..just kidding...

sophisto

BongSong said:
Can't resist, used to love these

Adding Nitrogen - I. P. Knightly
Free Blood and Bone - Dr Kervorkian
Miracle worms - R Wrigley

I feel like a retard that I just got this one...I read the titles before not the authors.... Was just getting ready to check them out on Amazon..Hardy har har..LOL comedian..

Yellow River by I.P. Daily is a good one too.

Scay Beez

Online version of Soil Biology Primer. Not sure if it is complete or not.

Soil Biology Primer by Elaine R. Ingham, Andrew R. Moldenke, Clive A. Edwards
http://soils.usda.gov/sqi/concepts/...gy/biology.html

simplegardener: Thanks for the recommendation... 576 pages, sounds like my kinda book. I got it on reserve at the library. Have you read the sequel? -> Permaculture two, practical design for town and country in permanent
agriculture / by Bill Mollison ?

Does anybody know of a good detailed Soil Microorganisms/Microbiology book?

- sbz

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
I recomend ...
The Secret Life of Plants.
Secrets of the Soil.

Not so much gardening books per say but.......they will help quite a bit.
:joint:

organic soma style was the first grow book i ever read i really liked it. the next book i really want to get is Hemp Diseases and Pests
Management and Biological Control: An Advanced Treatise by J. M. McPartland, R. C. Clarke and D. P. Watson.... but this book is fairly expensive so i will have to wait and put it on my x mas list

pseudostelariae

does anyone know what the difference between rodale's illustrated encyclopedia and their regular encyclopedia of organic gardening? i mean besides the fact that its illustrated..amazon will only let me look inside one.

sophisto

Wow is all I have to say..........Thaught I would post up my input on a couple books I read this past week or so.

Teaming with Microbes.....Awesome book really going into depth about soil biology types of soils, compost teas both bacterial and fungal.....Extremely intereting....For 14 dollars and 100 some pages it was a great read and extrememly informative...

Compost Tea brewing Manual( edition 5)......Hands down in my opinion the better of the two books as it gives recipes and reasons why in more precise detail....

Both very excellent books...............

Thanks all for the great links and feed back I feel smarter already.....

Last edited:

sophisto

pseudostelariae said:
does anyone know what the difference between rodale's illustrated encyclopedia and their regular encyclopedia of organic gardening? i mean besides the fact that its illustrated..amazon will only let me look inside one.

I would probably go with the latest edition... I was checking this one out too......Check the books out that I just got done reading they are incredible.....

Scay Beez

sophisto: Awesome! Keep up the studies and let us know when you run out of books to read because there's plenty more.

- sbz

Scay Beez

"How to grow more vegetables..." John Jeavons
The Enlivened Rock Powders by Harvey Lisle (all the acres usa books)

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
organic soma style was the first grow book i ever read i really liked it. the next book i really want to get is Hemp Diseases and Pests
Management and Biological Control: An Advanced Treatise by J. M. McPartland, R. C. Clarke and D. P. Watson.... but this book is fairly expensive so i will have to wait and put it on my x mas list

yeah that book is money!

I have to check out all the books you guys are throwing out. I have a bunch though, not sure on the names

hbob

second that

second that

or third that, or whatever. Teaming with Microbes was a fascinating book to read. I would recommend it to anyone interested in whats going on just beneath the surface of your soil!

yeah I got that Rodale's Encyclopedia of Organic Growing, the illustrated version, and its a great book. I call it the grow bible, any definition on organic growing around, also very long detailed explanation with some descent pictures.. Mine is a passed down version from my grandfather to my mother now to me. I think its over 15 yrs old... maybe more... IDk I have to look but I guess I'd get it. But your best bet is to go on the internet for free and read. That's what I did then trial and error. Just gotta got to different sites and get different opinions or see what the the most common way said or just try umm all.... I just found out i had this book recently, after I had most my questions, and now I have this forum also which is great... There's many good grow book out there. Carlos Cervetas has published a lot, and that guy is always in high times showing pretty nice stuff. Plus hes got a lot of experience, just gotta explore your local book store...

Latest posts

Latest posts