What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Name that deficiency

nuggluvv

Well, it has been almost a week, so I wanted to check in. I have no new photos at the moment, but the plants have shown some improvement. I think they were too far gone when I arrived back home after a 10+ day break. I am seeing some positive root growth now (though some root rot still apparent), and the plants seem to be a little happier. The deficiencies continued as i proceeded with a good flush, and following up with Hygrozyme and SM-90. Yesterday I added some bloom nutrient, Liquid Karma, and Cal-Mag Plus.

When this problem began, I saw similar symptoms (though not as far along) on my two mothers. I treated them in similar fashion and have seen marked improvement. I am really starting to be a believer in Hygrozyme. If you can keep your reservoir properly (OK extremely) oxygenated, this stuff is great. It has cleaned the roots of the mothers significantly, and they are once again taking up nutrient.

Just thought I would provide an update. Thanks again for all the info and support. Keep it growin'.

nuggluvv

Well, we made it through, although it wasn't pretty. The root rot had too good of a hold and caused severe decreases in yield and quality.

I think there are a few factors that contributed to this. The first is the fact that I'm a newbie with RO water. I didn't appreciate the trace minerals and such available in tap water. Another factor was the cold res temps. I think this may have initiated the problem.

Yield was about 30% of the previous run, so I'm obviously extremely disappointed. But hey, when you are trying a completely new setup in a completely new environment (with a new water supply), you can't expect perfection. Keep you eyes out for an all organic Black Domina thread to come with significantly better results.

Thanks everyone for your help. Together we can achieve....

nuggluvv

Latest posts

Latest posts