What's new

n00b questions about greenhouses

ok its just me wondering, i dont have a greenhouse or anything, im curious...

where im from, there is no such thing as year round growing. winters are snowy and cold and summers are super hot. does a greenhouse serve any purpose in this climate, except for starting your plants earlier, and allowing you to flower longer into fall, avoiding frost dangers and allowing you to work with later finishing strains??? as well as giving you the ability to flower whenever you want with darkening methods?

relief

I live where its cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. I also live in a dry climate where I can cool my greenhouse off with an evaporative cooler.

Yes, it will allow you a lot more flexibility when growing longer finishing strains. I've personally been through a frost during late flower and the haze's was unharmed.

Yes, you can use darkening methods, but I use auto flowering strains myself. Just put them out there and they do their thing no matter what the light schedule. I do both, that way I have 3 harvest. The first harvest is auto flowers around the end of June, then the 6 to 8 weeks strains around the end of September and the super long flower girls about the first November.

I grow in a greenhouse for privacy, but mainly for protection from strong winds and rains. We dont get much rain here, but when we do, it floods.

Dready_jake

First of all where on earth did you get that they serve no purpose past veg? What do you base that on? Let's hope the greenhouse growers don't read that.....

Second of all 2009!!! Get into THIS year man!