What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mystery Casey Jones

PadawanWarrior

12-17-23 (10 days since flip)

WIN_20231217_18_19_00_Pro.jpg

WIN_20231217_18_19_20_Pro.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So if similar to Chemmy Jones ( Chemmy Jones not in the mix pack) could be the similar strain i offer Dead Chem Head ( Chem d x Chemdog bx2 Male x Casey Jones) basically very similar to Chemmy Jones with extra Chem thrown in.

But 100 days seems to long for that time ( Dead Chem Head around 9-11 max) so maybe either Amnesia Hazy Jones or Dogshit Dead Head Haze .

You have any description of smell/ taste/High to help decipher which strain it might be.

Either way great grow , looks some really nice colas

PadawanWarrior

Wow. Impressive grow 👍 when you say 5 year old organic soil, do you mean you've been using it for 5 years or it's been sitting around for 5 years? Tell me more about your soil please 🙏
I originally bought the FFOF in September of 2018 and have been using it since then. I've added stuff to it though of course. After 2-3 rounds in just top dressed FFOF I added some other stuff like pumice, rice hulls, biochar, and Build a Soil's Craft Blend. Since then I've pretty much just been top dressing it. I was doing the no-till thing but without cover crops. Last round I also added cover crops before I planted the weed in it. I think the cover crops helped but so did learning a little about sulfates. Hit me up if you have any questions.

PadawanWarrior

So if similar to Chemmy Jones ( Chemmy Jones not in the mix pack) could be the similar strain i offer Dead Chem Head ( Chem d x Chemdog bx2 Male x Casey Jones) basically very similar to Chemmy Jones with extra Chem thrown in.

But 100 days seems to long for that time ( Dead Chem Head around 9-11 max) so maybe either Amnesia Hazy Jones or Dogshit Dead Head Haze .

You have any description of smell/ taste/High to help decipher which strain it might be.

Either way great grow , looks some really nice colas
Hey. Thanks for giving me some ideas what it might be. I'm not sure what it tastes and smokes like yet but I'd say it definitely smelled kinda like Chem when we chopped it. I'll have to update later on the taste and high. Whatever it is I'm pretty happy with it, :). Those buds are super dense. Connoisseur Genetics strikes again. :smoker:

LndRcLvr

Was trying to work out what FFOF was for ages, now I know. ! The soil mix i am using for my first indoor grow is quite similar - 50 % peat based compost 30% Vermiculite and 20% worm castings plus a healthy 3 tablespoons of Organic fertiliser Fish Blood and Bone and a bit of fungi for good measure. I'm also using non organic liquid feeds. I wasn't sure if I would be able to reuse it but you are the living proof I can 👍👍👍👍. So it's no till in pots? or is it one big bed? Do you just pull the plants out and replant the next lot?

PadawanWarrior

Was trying to work out what FFOF was for ages, now I know. ! The soil mix i am using for my first indoor grow is quite similar - 50 % peat based compost 30% Vermiculite and 20% worm castings plus a healthy 3 tablespoons of Organic fertiliser Fish Blood and Bone and a bit of fungi for good measure. I'm also using non organic liquid feeds. I wasn't sure if I would be able to reuse it but you are the living proof I can 👍👍👍👍. So it's no till in pots? or is it one big bed? Do you just pull the plants out and replant the next lot?
Ya no-till. I like the idea of less work. Mine are in 15 gal pots. I just chop the old plant close to the soil. Sometimes I wait a bit until the roots decompose and then twist out the stem. But you don't have to wait. You can just plant next to the stump. Or just twist out the stump without waiting. I push the old stump back into the soil somewhere convenient to let it decompose. I also planted cover crops last time before I planted the weed. I think the cover crops helped keep the soil nice and alive. But you don't need to do cover crops either. I did without for the first 4 years.

Latest posts

Latest posts