What's new

Mycorrhizae

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pro-Mix BX too, but it only has one strain of Mycorrhizae
Soil a bit hot due to peat content. Would cut with good grade top soil/perlite. True, not much Mycorrhizal benefits. Other products less expensive and perform better.

Levitationofme

Mostly they seem useful for organic style growing. They can fix/chelate nutrients for the plants, some attach to roots and become symbiotic and respond to the chemical signals from the roots to produce a nutrient. With Chemical nutrients, all the nutrients are ready to be taken up by the plant. I do not think it is necessary, but it won't hurt. No one knows everything yet. In a partial Organic grow it should be a good addition. My grows are only as organic as convenience allows .

I am sure they can have some other uses, perhaps PH stabilization, breaking down dead materials in the soil.

Try using a EWC Tea and see if you notice a difference after a few weeks.

I use the Tea in Soil and Coco

I don't believe the powdered Inoculant is better then a good EWC Tea. I used to dust the roots and mix in the soil as per instruction. Used a few different types. Can't honestly say I noticed much difference.

I managed to get some fresh EWC at a trade show. That made the biggest difference in my Tea. I make it once a week. Gallon at a time.
Still though it's no miracle tonic that cures all ills. It's making sure the plant has what it needs to grow. chance to thrive, plus if you can balance the microbelife along with your plant you have a new skill.

rexamus616

Veteran
Effects of Organic and Chemical Fertilizers and Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Inoculation on Growth and Quality of Cucumber and Lettuce

(googled "effect of artificial fertilizer on mycorrhizae" )

I have never heard of anyone using chemical nutrients to grow shrooms, in fact I don't understand how they would be applied or used. Can you explain further?

Some comercial grower of Agaricus species use artificial sources of nitrogen to compost their substrate/media.

Been doing it since at least the 50s

Most people growing Psilocybe species are not growing on a comercial scale (or at least their batches of compost/media are not measured in cubic metres/yards) so they wouldn't need cheap sources of nitrogen to help decompose their chosen source of carbon... (hence why you probably haven't heard of this)

And make sure you use endo mycorrhizae not ecto mycorrhizae as they are only for trees.

post like its 2009

How about post like you want to keep discussing topics and spreading actual knowledge, rather than leaving pointless remarks?

fine, i will give some knowledge. get your hands on microbac if you can, it is not easy to access but it has multiple species of mycorrhizae that are alive in liquid form as opposed to being a spore. So as soon as you water it in it starts to react with the roots. No 2 week germination yada yada.

Latest posts

Latest posts