What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mycorrhizae and fungi products comparision

O

Orrie

The link I posted on Great white keeps breaking and I don't know why.

http://oda.state.or.us/dbs/heavy_metal/detail.lasso?-op=eq&product_id=26646

here is a pic i recently took

picture.php

O

Orrie

All I know is that it is hard to do a comparison without knowing the heavy metals in other products

I don't look for any full disclosure laws any time soon from the EPA,

just the opposite

LivinLegally

AZOS #1

AZOS #1

Have used many of theses products with organism and liquid orca being good products but for me mykos and thier other product AZOS are amazing. The azos also being a single spices. But from the amazon people I don't know of any other product with this strain of bacteria. I am sold. Try AZOS it's a bush making bacteria that is nitro fixing and actually says that it can provide between 40-70% of the nitrogen needed in your garden by itself

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good grief you guys. A mycorrhizal fungi product should just be spores in a powdered carrier, like clay or peat. Nothing else!

It does get ridiculous. If you are buying cannabis seeds, do you expect them to come mixed up with a bunch of other stuff?

It is simple. Complicating it is just some people's way of making (taking your) money.

G

So I'm going to order a small bag of either VAM or Roots Ntural. VAM seems to get more ink and good opinions. I won't consider great white after reading about the other crap in it.
Since I'm just a small personal grower I won't need much.

As far as application I'm still a little confused about the best method. And my soil is a new batch with plenty of P per analysis.

Should I sprinkle a little in the water when I drop seeds in cup to crack? Wait and sprinkle some on the wet paper towels while starting tails? Sprinkle some in hole when I place in cups with seedling soil? Sprinkle on the exposed roots when I pop them out of the solo cups for transplant ? All of the above? Or something else?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I'm going to order a small bag of either VAM or Roots Ntural. VAM seems to get more ink and good opinions. I won't consider great white after reading about the other crap in it.
Since I'm just a small personal grower I won't need much.

As far as application I'm still a little confused about the best method. And my soil is a new batch with plenty of P per analysis.

Should I sprinkle a little in the water when I drop seeds in cup to crack? Wait and sprinkle some on the wet paper towels while starting tails? Sprinkle some in hole when I place in cups with seedling soil? Sprinkle on the exposed roots when I pop them out of the solo cups for transplant ? All of the above? Or something else?

Apply to seeds, cuttings and roots/transplant hole.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Check the expiration dates on your products. I ordered 5lbs of Promix Pur Powder and the package I received had an expiration date of 06/2016--which I returned for one that expires early 2019.

KIS

Good grief you guys. A mycorrhizal fungi product should just be spores in a powdered carrier, like clay or peat. Nothing else!

It does get ridiculous. If you are buying cannabis seeds, do you expect them to come mixed up with a bunch of other stuff?

It is simple. Complicating it is just some people's way of making (taking your) money.

Agreed. Most of the other microbes you can get in proper balance (aka nutrient cycling) from making an aerated compost tea.

Mycorrhiza is a direct application to the roots early in the plants life. Look for glomus intraradices or glomus moassae (sp?) or rhizophagus intraradices as they are the species known to infect cannabis. Here's a summary on mycorrhizal fungi. Keep in mind that most of these companies are not actually growing the myco but rather just repacking for a few sources in N. America.

https://www.kisorganics.com/blogs/n...wn-on-mycorrhizal-fungi-what-you-need-to-know

KIS

Check the expiration dates on your products. I ordered 5lbs of Promix Pur Powder and the package I received had an expiration date of 06/2016--which I returned for one that expires early 2019.

I've heard from manufacturers you lose about 10% of spores every year with optimal storage conditions but haven't seen anything to verify this.

KIS

Ive been adding insect frass to the hole with the pro mix pur myco when I transplant and it seems to be working well...

Im in pure coco(some of the moms have granular myco mixed into them)

You're probably getting benefit from the microbes and nutrients in the insect frass but it won't help with mycorrhizal infection for the most part. Be careful to limit P levels so you won't suppress or delay mycorrhizal infection. I would try a few plants without the myco and just insect frass and see if you get the same results.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm using Azos currently but since adding the malted barley to my top dress I've been getting more fungal growth on the surface of my soil and also seeing shrooms.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

my flowers have been very stinky also.
picture.php

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Wouldn't it be more efficient to mix the myco inoculate with the grow medium, so it is closer to the roots and not as a top dressing?

KIS

That all looks great. Just want to clarify for others that endomycorrhizal fungi (which is what infects cannabis) is non-fruiting. That means it won't produce mushrooms like you see in the picture. In fact, you can't see endomycorrhizal fungi without a microscope and stains. However, the other microbial growth is a good indicator of biological activity in your soil. When I get the fuzzy molds on the top of my soil (typically after topdressing with alfalfa meal), I just mix it lightly back under the surface.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ima let yall finish but beyonce deserved this one
lol
anywho, i made my own of each one in my worm bins for free
but then, im organic soil in no tills and rols

KIS

ima let yall finish but beyonce deserved this one
lol
anywho, i made my own of each one in my worm bins for free
but then, im organic soil in no tills and rols

You can't grow or "make" mycorrhizal fungi in your worm bin. It won't grow under those conditions. Just FYI. You probably have other beneficial fungi though.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Just curious, has anyone tried in a no till to make their own em 1 on the no till soil then go ahead and start the em processes to re inoculate as time goes by instead of buying the products over and over? I am curious if the nitrogen fixing bacteria, potassium solubilizing bacteria and fungi would transfer over to the em.

megaman420

This is a very confusing subject , I just want the good stuff -.-

it seem to me people are trying to "cut" the pure product with the useless spores and so on, like so much els in this world blinded by the profit.

But surely someone must know a trustful place in Europe where i can source some "good" mycorrhiza ? :tiphat: