What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My works in hash (and and a little of weed)

goingrey

and if we control the temperature so that it never exceeds 90°C? wouldn't that limit the loss to certain terpenes? a bit like cooked hash before pressing?
Sounds like the way for best results. Not a fast way to do it though. And the heat will cause chemical changes some positive but many not.. there's a reason why cold pressed oils are rated high.

Hashislife

Sounds like the way for best results. Not a fast way to do it though. And the heat will cause chemical changes some positive but many not.. there's a reason why cold pressed oils are rated high.
what would be the bad changed? personally I find it more stone than the material from which it comes (presence of cbn?). the flavor is neutral hash with a toasty aftertaste.
yes you are right, indeed it is very long to evaporate everything, about 12h for 20L.:LOL::smoky:

goingrey

what would be the bad changed? personally I find it more stone than the material from which it comes (presence of cbn?). the flavor is neutral hash with a toasty aftertaste.
yes you are right, indeed it is very long to evaporate everything, about 12h for 20L.:LOL::smoky:
Yes THC degrading to CBN and altered taste would be the most obvious examples. But if you like the effect and taste then it's not a bad change for you.

Beyond that it is quite advanced chemistry and unfortunately I'm not an expert. But the gist of it is that it's not just THC degrading to CBN but all kinds of degradation products are formed as a result of the heat.

Here is a paper about the subject in regards to vaping. It is not totally the same as more heat is used. But on the other hand the time used is much shorter. So maybe it will give some insight...

Hashislife

Yes THC degrading to CBN and altered taste would be the most obvious examples. But if you like the effect and taste then it's not a bad change for you.

Beyond that it is quite advanced chemistry and unfortunately I'm not an expert. But the gist of it is that it's not just THC degrading to CBN but all kinds of degradation products are formed as a result of the heat.

Here is a paper about the subject in regards to vaping. It is not totally the same as more heat is used. But on the other hand the time used is much shorter. So maybe it will give some insight...

ok, I understand better, thank you for the article I will read it passionately.
for the taste, I wouldn't say it suits me, but it's not bad. a bit like a rosin made from Moroccan commercial beldia hash.
after that it's not a method that I recommend, because very tedious, but it saved 40gr of my ice o lator.
but even if I do not recommend (at least without improving the process)
some may find it useful.
I see the interest in it for the less dangerous side, as much for the risk of explosion, as much for those who do not know or cannot correctly purge the solvents. as well as for those who would like to apply a method with 100% ecological potential (water, fire with the method you want, and trichomes) and practicable even in the jungle (just kidding 😂)

today i will show you a jellyhash.
2nd grade 100mic dry sift, with 10% rosin.
comes from a mix of leaves given to me.
I don't know the exact variety, but it smells very skunky with a hint of Afghan. if I had to give a name, I would say kritikal bilbo, because here it is harvested at the end of August, first week of September. here 22gr.
IMG_20220912_184323.jpg
IMG_20220912_184357.jpg