What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My winter skunk project

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over the winter and into next year, I am planning on Two breeding projects. One is a skunk project and the other is my purple project.

My skunk Project

i Have a few old school roadkill skunk lines in seed form I am going to try to pop and hopefully find the stinkiest smelliest males and cross them with a large number of skunk strains and skunk profile cultivars I have collected.

Hopefully I can find some that will hold onto their skunk profiles right into drying and cure.

strains I have in my possession that I will be pheno hunting through in my project.

Scotia Skunk
Mass Roadkill skunk 2001 bag seeds
Maine Roadkill skink 1998 bag seeds
mass dirt weed skunk 2003 bag seed
Lemon skunk
precinct 39 f2 skunk pheno
Afghan Mist F2 skunk pheno
sensi skunk
skunk positive
Red Russian Skunk
Aladdins skunk
old school skunk (Montreal 1998)
Pretrol Skunk
kiwi skunk
golden lemons
chunky skunk
skunk man’s skunk #1 freebie packs
skunk man’s haze x skunk #1 freebie packs
bulldog skunk
white skunk
oreoz x iced out skunk
modified skunk
skunk #11
Neroli 91
Shoreline
Stinkin Bishop
Rancid Skunk
Rancid Skunk x iced out skunk
roadkill skunk (copycats line)
lemon kerosine skunk
NS R2 (skunk pheno) 1994
Ghost 1PK OG x Platinum
Valley Orange
Skunk Special
Mendocino Skunk
Colorado Super Skunk
The prize (P91 x Arise)
Proper Skunk
Bermuda Triangle x Proper skunk
Blue skies BOSS pack

there is a few more I will be trying to secure to pheno hunt through and still waiting on a 1990’s roadkill skunk variety from BC my brother is in the process of scoring for me.

need to bring back the dank stank from the 1990’s.

Last edited:

420empire

Veteran
Wow that´s a nice project bro. :cool:
Have you pop some of the seeds yet? Or do u need to crack and screen everything first ? Plz make this thread nice, and supply us with updates on the evolution of your project.(y)

Cheers.

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that´s a nice project bro. :cool:
Have you pop some of the seeds yet? Or do u need to crack and screen everything first ? Plz make this thread nice, and supply us with updates on the evolution of your project.(y)

Cheers.
I am still putting the rooms together. Also because I am a practice lawyer I have a few trials coming up in December i have to litigate. But once I get going I will keep posting my progress. its going to take time Pheno hunting, and a some of my old seeds may have a super low germ rate.

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm growing some supposed skunk currently and I'm already pissed off about it. Lol. Sometimes you just know you're wasting your time...
Hope I'm wrong with the ones I'm growing.
Someone's gotta find it?
How’s the stem rubs? Any stank smells coming through?

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I can cross out all the fruity stuff but maybe there might be something hidden inside them. I wondering if I should pheno hunt through cheese cultivars as well?

Attachments

• F000721B-BAEF-4869-9112-159771158DF4.jpeg
    F000721B-BAEF-4869-9112-159771158DF4.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 128

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My oldest seeds in my collection I picked up in the late 1980’s when I was in the US army.
Maybe an old afghan, or hindu Kush or even Nepalese hash plant or all 3 might be something to add to the mix.

I have this NL x Hawaii pack I picked up in Vancouver BC in 1995. I can try to mix that in there.

Attachments

• 1A6B05FE-FFA0-4773-8DAF-D7D2D9828D1D.jpeg
    1A6B05FE-FFA0-4773-8DAF-D7D2D9828D1D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
  • 55806529-B9C3-434B-B529-8D38A914E7C0.jpeg
    55806529-B9C3-434B-B529-8D38A914E7C0.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 85

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The real road kill skunk is somewhere in there, it has to be. I realized after I lined them all up for the pic there was more I didn’t put on the table. But I also have a bunch of unopened packs from different seed banks in the early 1990’s sitting in my mothers deep freezer. If I want to hang on to something for ever just take to my mothers house and it will be safe. She still has my star wars toys when I was a kid in the 1970’s. And my comic book collection, I know it’s safe there.

but I will find roadkill skunk. Then I will gift a bunch out so I can spread the love and stink up everyone’s neighbourhoods.

Mithridate

the fruity stuff but maybe there might be something hidden inside them
I can't blame you for casting a broad net hoping to catch the big skunk.. I've been there 😉

For example, I ran dirty water organics' Sour lemon skunk and skunk zest. All lemon in the f1, f2 also.. made multiple crosses with all kinds of dominion and nature farm stuff, f2d.. still nothing skunk.

Sensi packs, I stayed away simply because there are many journals about them and didn't feel they were worth the elbow grease.

Skunk is the strangest thing.. if someone mentions blueberry (the fruit) everybody knows what it smells like. Skunk is special in that some will call anything and everything "skunk".. garlic, glue, oil, gas, mold, motel carpet, hotdog water, thinner, hairspray, trash, germinating potatoes, fart, tennis ball, wet fur, dog breath, pine, eucalyptus, piss, ammonia, meaty, stir fry, uncle Maurice garage.. well you get the idea.

You have some promising packs in your possession, I'd focus on fewer and work them further, crosses, you name it.

Last edited:

bimblebrains_1

Hey man,great project and i wish you luck,those rotten,dead body,ammonia profiles are super volatile and also recessive so very hard to isolate...been looking thru some blue skies gear too and while some have nasty dead smelling stem rubs it hasnt translated into the final product as yet...i keep looking tho,got one in flower now that smell proper rank so fingers crossed!!
as for cheese seedlines,i wouldent bother,again that recessive stink has never really passed on to the prodigy,that and most breeders never even had the real cut lol

TreatyReLeaf

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You have some promising packs in your possession, I'd focus on fewer and work them further, crosses, you name it.
i am still waiting on some more skunk lines and skunk phenos I ordered off of Neptune and some from Dagga.

if I try to focus on a few I will definitely have to cut out the fruity ones.

I figured if I popped them all and only keep any females and males that throw off skunk and flower out the rest to sell in my dispensary. I can eliminate a lot and still have usable flower for my dispensary while providing a wide selection to my customers.

once I find the perfect males I can try to reverse them to see what their bud structure and smell is like in flower.

then I can use perfect male to pollinate all my chosen females and then pop those f1’s. Find the best of the best females and back cross them using the original chosen male. I can also S1 the perfect females I find.

anyways this is what I have in my head to do. I been planning this out for some time now.

once These new rooms are finished I will have the space.

I also have some 40 foot green houses I am putting up this spring so I can grow out in.

Mithridate

No matter how much space you may have, you'll eventually run out. 😉

I'm just bugging hah. If room is not a major concern, grow them all !

I did most of my hunting in a 12'x24' room with 3tier racks. It was chaotic at times I'll tell you that much. Now I'm just bulking in a tent...

You seem to have thought this through and on your way to a grandiose hunt my friend, I'll take a seat now haha

midwestkid

Veteran
How’s the stem rubs? Any stank smells coming through?
I will give them a whiff tomorrow and report back. I'm not really sold on stem rubs as a valid data point But I will play along!
If I was in your shoes I'd focus on those old seeds first. Blast an original Haze with an old Afghani and I'd say you'd be closer than most of the people you bought those newer packs from?

Latest posts

Latest posts