What's new

My water temp is 82*F - HELP!

meadowman

I' still trying to figure out how an under ground (geothermal) cooling system is inefficient? Cut hole in concrete floor, dig hole, insert copper coil, back fill and patch concrete.

RockinRobot

I' still trying to figure out how an under ground (geothermal) cooling system is inefficient? Cut hole in concrete floor, dig hole, insert copper coil, back fill and patch concrete.

LOL, anyone that thinks cutting a hole in concrete floor, then digging a hole and then re-pouring concrete is EASY is a fool. Could buy a chiller a lot cheaper than all of that.

Mr Roboto

Na hose clamps are your freind.that right there eliminates the worry of a flood.if you can afford a chiller do it.care free chilling. If you cant afford one,frozen bottles it is.either way insulation of the buckets and rez will save you time/money.

Hose clamps I guess over time came loose probably from the pump vibrating and not being proactive and checking on hoses. The problem is I forget about things that are "out of sight and out of mind".

I don't mean to interrupt the important pissing matches and dick-measuring contests happening here (do these threads have ANY mods?), but to get back to the OP's question:

OP, read through this pool shock thread. It will 100% work for you at 82 degrees. I run my cloners at 82 and have never had issues as long as pool shock is in there.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219683

To summarize:

1. 1 gram of Pool Shock goes into 1 gallon of water to make a stock solution.
2. This stock solution is then added to the res at 6 ml/gallon every 3-5 days.

I would suggest you find some of the reflective insulated material that is similar to what is used for car reflectors. It comes in a roll and looks more like a tight bubble wrap, one side is black one side is reflective. Put the reflective side out around the entire res. Temps went from 82-85 to 70-75 with this simple fix.

Oh and also raise the res off the ground if you can so the ground doesn't affect the temp. Lastly, the air pump must be outside the tent / closet that you're growing in. If you do that, you should be able to get the res temp to your ambient temp with a large enough (non-commercial) air pump. When the system was switched to a 4x port airpump from a 2x, the temps also dropped.

Cannabis

Veteran
I'm on with this advice,
original poster,

because I just came off a couple year streak where I was killing my clones, and about the time I was set to move from there I discovered a lotta people have been realizing how tolerant plants are of chlorine. I had been on well water and rather than think to use bleach I flowered my mothers and made a couple hundred fem seeds.

I myself had been hoping to see something of this very thread thanks luxcultultivars.

I don't mean to interrupt the important pissing matches and dick-measuring contests happening here (do these threads have ANY mods?), but to get back to the OP's question:

OP, read through this pool shock thread. It will 100% work for you at 82 degrees. I run my cloners at 82 and have never had issues as long as pool shock is in there.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=219683

To summarize:

1. 1 gram of Pool Shock goes into 1 gallon of water to make a stock solution.
2. This stock solution is then added to the res at 6 ml/gallon every 3-5 days.

CannabisTHC

I've been using pool shock for years in my ezcloner couldn't have been successful without it. Never tried them on plants further in veg or in a nutrient solution but could be a good idea.

DoDad

I've been using pool shock for years in my ezcloner couldn't have been successful without it. Never tried them on plants further in veg or in a nutrient solution but could be a good idea.

Pool shock concerns me now.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=270942

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After getting a random root rot infection in one of my systems that laid waste to all 12 30 day old plants, I've been feverishly researching sterile rez methods (physan, Zone, chlorine, UC Roots etc) and I have found that the Pool Shock method is by far the best when it comes to value vs effectiveness.

I wanted to add a UV Sterilizer to the system just to be sure that it won't happen again, but after researching I found that UV actually breaks hypochlorous acid (what the calcium hypochlorite "Pool Shock" breaks down into, and what actually does the disinfecting), down into non reactive compounds, rendering any chlorine you put in useless! So #1, don't use UV and chlorine/UC roots together (UC Roots is hypochlorous acid)

#2 and far more serious and likely to happen to growers, if you are using any Fulvic or Humic Acids, chlorine reacts instantly with them creating known carcinogenic compounds which can stay in plant matter once absorbed. I'm glad I read this info before starting a new batch of plants because I use Fulvex religiously in all my systems. Water Treatment plants are actually required now to remove all forms of fulvic and humic compounds before chlorinating the water for treatment due to this reaction....and us growers are deliberately adding these fulvics and humids at extremely high levels (compared to water treatment influx water at least) so once we add in the chlorine, don't even wanna know what concentration of the bad compounds is formed at that point!

So....chlorine + UV = waste of chlorine
chlorine + Humics/Fulvics = really freakin bad.

[/FONT]

dreaded

Try Snypes method...
1 drop regular bleach per gallon w/ a bigger air pump( or should I say proper air pump).

Latest posts

Latest posts