What's new

My WATER Cure....

Spiritu

so what does the taste become like after anyhow. just kind of bland and flavorless or does it have a recognizeable taste. i am a little curious if i have run into water cured weed from local dealers, as reading some of these posts reminds me of particular buds. it would seem unlikely however.

Kushed

So this would be good to do, if say you have to cut your ladies early, or if your bud still has that chlorophyll taste? Or basicaly if your bud just doesnt taste or smell good right?

H

HippyJohnny

SO I have the F%$#$*& borg on my girl. She is due in about 2 weeks.
Early on they were a problem so I tried some Malathion... seemed to kill the little turds dead.

Now that she has buds if I use that spray I am sure that the taste would be present even if not harmful.
Would a water cure take that taste out if I dosed her today?

Peace :joint:

i LOVE WC BUDS.doesnt matter how racey my herb is if im smoking wc no paranoia. have any of you tried the black n mild public smoke trick? its great you can smoke those anywhere and as long as you rolled it right for all they know its just black n mild. i tested it out by lighting up in my friends car and waiting to see the reaction. never asked me to pass it and didnt believe me when i said it was herb. only negative is the tobacco but you have to replace the smell with something. i love ninja smoking, my stonerjutsu is strong.

CitizenKane

A notion on the aroma of water cured weed

A notion on the aroma of water cured weed

For those that use weed as a tool rather than a toy, it's the only rational way to cure. Nine days, start to finish. Smoother smoke. Less smell. Less sugar and chlorophyll. Same potency in a smaller package.

Unless you want to sell for top dollar, air curing is for emotional reasons. You enjoy the look, relish the smell, savor the taste. And why not? It's your weed!! Clear? Cloudy? Amber? Whatever gets you what you want is the right way to go.

I can definitely understand your reasoning in this matter FB. I too take a more utilitarian view of the herb than most as it regulates some of my more unwelcome emotional episodes. Taste has never been an issue in my experience.

However, to provide a best-of-both-worlds approach, would it not be possible to reinvigorate the weed by utilizing, for lack of a better term, an aroma cure. By drying water cured herb to a total moisture content of around 10%-15%, easily achieved with use of a dehydrator, it should be possible to re-hydrate it with a water based or essential oil with water supplement based aromatic to a TMC of around 60% while imparting the additional flavors and aromas.

Granted, these enhancements would probably be short lived but would certainly last long enough to satisfy the smoker. This technique is routinely used with cigars and pipe tobaccos, yet in exploring the practice of water curing I have yet to encounter examples of anyone attempting a similar methodology. If proven even partially successful, this method would open up a wide variety of scents and flavors not heretofore experienced in our particular culture.

Does anyone have thoughts about such techniques?

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I just mix a small part of air-cured buds into the mix if I want best of both worlds.

so does any one know how a water cure will do with taking an oil like Jms Stylet oil off buds? it is highly emulsified, and is the highest grade mineral oil around, odorless, tasteless, food grade... so what do you guys think? kill these fucking neem beating bitch ass borg that showed 2 days before chop?

p1ninja

I stopped reading after the word "tasteless." Anything that is completely tastleless will inhibit the abilities of your other senses to experience the herb fully. I like to stimulate all of my senses when enjoying my herb.

:2cents:,
:joint:

M

medi-useA

here's a question for all you water curer's...would putting a bubbler into the water cure jar help in any way?...or hinder?...

just spitballin' as usual, but it might be interesting to find out...anyway, I've got 5 weeks 'til I can harvest to think this through...might even do 2 water cures...one with airstone, one without..;)

muA

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I stopped reading after the word "tasteless." Anything that is completely tastleless will inhibit the abilities of your other senses to experience the herb fully. I like to stimulate all of my senses when enjoying my herb.

:2cents:,
:joint:

I just hope NORML and others fighting for our right to have medicines of choice understands how important taste is in the legalization equation. Maybe the taste angle is what's missing from the fight? :sarcasm:

getawaycar

"would putting a bubbler into the water cure jar help in any way"

good question. would O2 dissolved in the water have any effect on what is removed?

also, is there a reason why a curer wouldnt choose to use distilled water as its ppm vacuum would display greater leaching propertys?

i didnt know water cure sound like a waste...i just put it on screens for a few days (ready to smoke then but still a little wet)and then brown bag it for 2,then jars and storaged

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
so does any one know how a water cure will do with taking an oil like Jms Stylet oil off buds? it is highly emulsified, and is the highest grade mineral oil around, odorless, tasteless, food grade... so what do you guys think? kill these fucking neem beating bitch ass borg that showed 2 days before chop?

THC is an oil too and we water cure because water has no effect on the oils so, I doubt it would do you any good.

here's a question for all you water curer's...would putting a bubbler into the water cure jar help in any way?...or hinder?...

You want a complete LACK of agitation so, no air stones! Agitation would force resin glands to rub together and possibly rub off.

i didnt know water cure sound like a waste...i just put it on screens for a few days (ready to smoke then but still a little wet)and then brown bag it for 2,then jars and storaged

But then you're stuck with air cured weed. Bleech!

Smoother, cooler, stealth smoke in 9 days. Hotter, harsher, LEO attracting smoke in 90 days. It's the latter that sounds like a waste to me.