What's new

My vertical micro closet project!

Thanks everyone for the Holiday CHEER and kind words! My wife and I had an amazing lazy Christmas! We had some samples of Staggers Casey Queens #1 which made it a very frosty Christmas as well! :whee:

Extra thanks HGOz, its extra nice to have some love from an IC vet! I think the new clone chamber will work nicely. If this second round of clones turn out as nice, I'm going to do a lil more improvment on it. (maybe a new thread)........

JustDoIt- Well this as been the approach to the pruning etc. I have been starting by letting the girls just veg and do their thing. Then a few weeks before flipping I take a good look at each one, and decide how I'm going to arrange that particular one in it screen. Then I Take clones. I then always do a vertical version of "lolly poppin". I take off all the small bottom veg. I even go up each node a lil ways and take off all that small veg. I'm trying for more stretch so I can get bigger buds (and more of them) by the strong part of the lamp. "I suspect you vertical grower with the stacked lamps don't have to work as much about lolly poppin because of a longer foot print. Next time I will stack lamps vs one large". I don't put them in their screens any more till I flip them. But, I do veg under horizontal CFLS. If I can tuck fan leaves behind the screen I do. I do clip off big fan leaves, especially old crusty ones, that are blocking good bud sits. I do this only after a month-ish once I can see some serious buds. I do this thru out flower when this happens. The closer to chopping the less veg I want. I want the plant to focus on nothing but buds in its last few weeks.

I have been taking different approaches with pruning as well. The first SLH & Durban I way over pruned. Then on the first PK I basically flipped with very minimal amounts of pruning. Its super bushy and buds everywhere, but most are tiny and looks like it will be used for some hash or butter. The SLH and second PK I did more lolly poppin, but still not much other pruning. Better results so far, but still to bushy and to many small buds. With the Durbans and Caseys and pruning ALL small growth all the way up nodes, leaving large fan leaves but taking away the small node that went with it. I'm shooting for a lil more of cola formation this time.

Well thanks a lot again everyone!

-All4TheLuvOfIt

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Looks like someone has much more to say now with his new computer!! :yay: lol Great work man! Plants are lookin good, and i'm glad your diggin on that Cq! You deserved it bro ;) :respect: SL :shooty:

SkunkPlz

SkunkPlz

Well here is how I did my cooltube/exhuast. Sorry it has taken so long, I hope this isn't to confusing and that it helps!

My floor and my middle shelfs are actually light proofed air "ducts" as well. Fan sucks it out the top, and the fresh air comes in the thru the bottom floor aka bottom of closet door, then pulled thru the second shelf before leaving the top. A lot of the air being pulled thru my tube is just the normal passive air just being pulled out the middle shelf which it is attached to. I also added a booster fan in the bottom of cool tube to help push a lil more heat thru.

As far as how the cooltube is attached.....

I got a plumbing piece for the bottom of a toilet actually. It kinda looks like a top hat. Its basically a 4inch pvc couple with a brim all the way around. I got a 4inch hole in the bottom of my shelf and just slid the couple piece thru. The brim keeping it from pulling thru. I then taped off all air leaks.

The other thing I used was just some 4inch ribbed outdoor irrigation pipe. I had to by like 12feet of it but it was only like $6. I cut a 6inch section for the top of the cooltube/tiolet piece. I put a couple screws thru each end to hold it up, and then some large hose clamps to help seal it down tight. Thats how it hangs there. I also added a foot long piece of the irrigation pipe on the bottom, and shoved a 4inch booster fan in there. Make sure to add a cheap filter here. TONS and TONS of dust will get sucked in the tube and stick, and NOT fun to clean every few weeks.

Top, then bottom, and shot looking in the bottom of the tube at the booster fan.

I quick diagram of the closet from the side. Also tried to draw what that toilet piece looks like and how its installed.

Well I hope this helps and isn't just a bunch of to much info. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lots of peace and love
put your pieces out :smoke: :joint:
-All4TheLuvOffIt

Looks like someone has much more to say now with his new computer!! :yay: lol Great work man! Plants are lookin good, and i'm glad your diggin on that Cq! You deserved it bro ;) :respect: SL :shooty:

LOL, watch out IC!

Ya it's getting a really nice cure now, I like how its just kinda smells like dank old school weed, but just danker and a fruity punch. Packs a nice high, but really soft and warm. I cant wait to see what mine does!

FYI Everyone I havn't had a comp in months and months, I have been doing everything thru my phone! Feels nice to be back on a real key board!

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
OOoohhhh a new computer???? Thanks for the info Stagger lol....Updates dammit.. we need more updates lmao. Dude you know you're loved

JustDoIt

Thanks for the info All4! I've pinched off a few of the smaller growths, I'll be a little more aggressive about it though because I'd rather have bigger colas than lots of little buds spread all over. Thanks!

Warped1- Well if I didn't know it, I deff feel it now!:huggg::friends: Thanks a ton man!

JustDoIt- I'm glad I might of helped. There is a lot of conflicting data and preferences out there on pruning and fan leaves. It's all about your garden/set up and preferences. It's a learning experience everyday for us all! But, im not worried, your looking rather well!

Sorry no pics at the moment, but I will give a quick update.

Flower is looking well, although I torched the SLH a bit. Put it pretty close to lamp and tube. Now I know, SLH does not like to be close to heat. Lost a lot of fan leaves (kinda having a flash back of the last one). I am going to either have to take it to ten weeks+ now or a week harvest. Time will tell tho I guess. The buds thus far are pretty soft, thin,airy. :dunno:

Both Casey Queens are looking AMAZING!:trampoline: I was hoping to flip the Casey Jones first but I can't seem to shake a deficiency prob. :dunno: It's mild, but I havn't been able to take clones yet. Maybe the Veganics will help!

I am also most likely ditching all but one "Lucky Dip". :thinking::frown: They look like shit, super super super deficient. Just eating all my nutes and still look like hell! None are showing sex, (except the one that's been flowering under 24hrs light)! With the rest of my GREAT genetics :canabis: I figured I don't need them any ways. Opinions?

Well that's that for now! Gotta go medicate before work, and take care of clones!

Lateerrzzzz!
-All4TheLuvOfIt

JustDoIt

I am also most likely ditching all but one "Lucky Dip". :thinking::frown: They look like shit, super super super deficient. Just eating all my nutes and still look like hell! None are showing sex, (except the one that's been flowering under 24hrs light)! With the rest of my GREAT genetics :canabis: I figured I don't need them any ways. Opinions?

Sometimes moving on is the smart way to go, if the plants are being difficult and it's nothing your extremely attached to, why waste the time and energy? I'm sure there's plenty of genetics out there just as good and then some that won't be a PITA :shooty:

SkunkPlz

Well here is how I did my cooltube/exhuast. Sorry it has taken so long, I hope this isn't to confusing and that it helps!

My floor and my middle shelfs are actually light proofed air "ducts" as well. Fan sucks it out the top, and the fresh air comes in the thru the bottom floor aka bottom of closet door, then pulled thru the second shelf before leaving the top. A lot of the air being pulled thru my tube is just the normal passive air just being pulled out the middle shelf which it is attached to. I also added a booster fan in the bottom of cool tube to help push a lil more heat thru.

As far as how the cooltube is attached.....

I got a plumbing piece for the bottom of a toilet actually. It kinda looks like a top hat. Its basically a 4inch pvc couple with a brim all the way around. I got a 4inch hole in the bottom of my shelf and just slid the couple piece thru. The brim keeping it from pulling thru. I then taped off all air leaks.

The other thing I used was just some 4inch ribbed outdoor irrigation pipe. I had to by like 12feet of it but it was only like $6. I cut a 6inch section for the top of the cooltube/tiolet piece. I put a couple screws thru each end to hold it up, and then some large hose clamps to help seal it down tight. Thats how it hangs there. I also added a foot long piece of the irrigation pipe on the bottom, and shoved a 4inch booster fan in there. Make sure to add a cheap filter here. TONS and TONS of dust will get sucked in the tube and stick, and NOT fun to clean every few weeks.

Top, then bottom, and shot looking in the bottom of the tube at the booster fan.

I quick diagram of the closet from the side. Also tried to draw what that toilet piece looks like and how its installed.

Well I hope this helps and isn't just a bunch of to much info. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Lots of peace and love
put your pieces out :smoke: :joint:
-All4TheLuvOffIt

Thank you sir :tiphat:

So what is holding up the cooltube is the top hat piece of pvc from the ceiling screwed to the irrigation pipe which is also screwed to the cooltube, also are u getting a little support from the fan under the bottom piece of irrigation?

I

Thank you sir :tiphat:

So what is holding up the cooltube is the top hat piece of pvc from the ceiling screwed to the irrigation pipe which is also screwed to the cooltube, also are u getting a little support from the fan under the bottom piece of irrigation?

I

That is correct, but I don't have the tube going all the way down, so there is no support from the bottom. It Just hangs! I didn't want the tube to be so rigid and stuck in place.

-A4TLOI

Update: Veg

Update: Veg

Well here is the start of my updates. I know it's been a grip. I actually sat down and did this update on Fri, but then there was a "server error" and I lost it all.:dunno: Then I worked, partied:abduct: and etc! The pics are from Thurs.

Well where to start.... I made a decision with the "Lucky Dips". More of a compromise! I chopped up three, and kept two. The one that has been flowering and just one of the others. My plan is to transplant and flip the flower one into well... flower! If it turns out to be good smoke I can re-veg and clone. In the mean time, I will be trying to stabilize the one in veg still, and do the same with that one. I'm not going to lie.... these plants look super gross and just bad right now. (I seemed to have deleted the pics of them in the upload process and lost those as well, new ones soon as poss.) For some reason I am having really bad Magnesium and Iron deficiencies. (It's got worse since the pics even. I will try to get new pics as soon as poss.) I add 5ml / gallon of Cal-Mag per feeding. Last nights feeding a lil over doubled.

The Casey Jones seems to just have a Magnesium defic. The Casey Queens (and the DPs in flower) have been getting some brown burnt edges. I thought it was from the CFLs and then the Lamp, but I think its now an Iron diff maybe? I doubled the Cal-Mag on that feeding as well.

So does anyone know why the bad deficiencies all the sudden? Can cooler weather with a combination of maybe over saturation cause this? Help is Welcomed!

The Casey Queens and other then the mag prob with the Jones, they look very nice and seem to be exited for their flip soon!

The Durban clones are taking off in their new home well now. They shocked for a min a couple days, but that's it. As they start vegging I will pick out the four best and toss the rest. Two are for me, and two I hope to be trading for Vortex!

Well on with the pics I guess...

Vegging!

Durban Clones

The flowering Lucky Dip

Casey Jones

Caseys Queen #1

Caseys Queen #2

More updates over the next few days! Lots of them! More updates damn it!

Lots of Love

Put your Pieces out:smoke: :joint:
Peace out
-All4TheLuvOfIt

Update: Flower

Update: Flower

On with the more fun and less deficient chamber!

All is looking mostly very well. The first PK has been flushed for the last two weeks. I'm just waiting for it to dry out from its last round,and then TIMBRE! I gave the second PK its first day of flushing a few days ago, I am looking forward for both! The Durbans ha ve been doing some mad stretching! They are looking well and starting to flower! Although there still is bad news with this post. The Durbans might have an Iron defic, and the SLH I got to close to the lamp, that got toched, well I don't think it will recover. I gave it a nice dose of nutes and some extra grow, but its been a lil over a week and its not doing much. I was wondering, should I keep feeding it and see if I can bring on some more weight, or should I just start flushing and count my losses? Suggestions?

but on with the pics

Just the magic!

Second PK into Flower, 48 days

Torched SLH day 48

and the best at the moment
First PK into Flower day 62

-All4TheLuvOfIt

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
Keep a close eye on you PH bro, sounds like ouy might have some lockout happening. As for that SLH i'd say scrap her bro! :smoky: Turn her into some Qwiso, or bubble ;) That's my :2cents: SL :shooty:

Update

Update

Well I have obviously been slacking on the updates :cry: sorry everyone!

Well it seems like my PH meter was all sorts of messed up. Was giving way to much up it looks like. So I resorted to the old way of PHing, with the die and color system. I'm planning on using the strips here in the future when I buy them. I just don't want something like this again. So all plants got two heavy waterings with water PHed to 6.0. I'm also taking all my nut/fert dosages back down to lower levels and gradually bringing them back up as the plants dictate. I'm hoping this will bring things back around!

I chopped the SLH, she will be used for hash. She was looking like she was going to put on some wight before she got burned. I didn't clone her, but maybe some day later I will try my hand at some Haze.

The Casey Jones still hasn't recovered all the way yet, but I cloned her and flipped her the other day along with Casey Queens #2.

I chopped down the first PK about a week ago. She is still drying. Its going to be some good smoke, but not as resey as I would of hoped this time around. Also she is shrinking up a lot to. I started flushing the second PK a week ago, but I felt like she needed hit with one more feeding, so I fed her on sun, and will start flushing again here tonight. The yield and trichs will still prob be on the low side on this one as well, but I do have another clone of it to try another round at! Next time I'm going to take them prob another extra couple weeks.

Well on with the pics!

Pure Kush 64 days!

Well for now
lots of luv luvin it
Peaces out
Put your piece out :smoke: :joint:
-All4TheLuvOfIt

JustDoIt

Bummer about the SLH! Oh well, you can always grow it again and I bet that'll make some nice hash!

I get frustrated with my pH pen sometimes and wonder if going back to the test tube with the pH indicator drops would be better... The digital readout is nice though. Do you calibrate yours every once in a while? And how do you store it / the electrode?

JustDoIt- Ya I calibrated the meter regularly and stored it in calibration solution (aka kept some in the cap). It was a used meter that was givin to me, so I'm sure that had something to do with the short life. I'm using the drops again right not, but am ordering some strips. They will be easier to see when using heavy fert solutions, and less messy!

el bee

NICE. Training is looking good. This vertical style with individual screens is absolutely the direction that I 'm heading. Look at all that variety. Solid.

AND, it must be easier to manage than, say, a doughnut, no?
Beauty. Do you think you'll ever lower the light or veg for taller plants?

Latest posts

Latest posts