What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Tent and Cabinet

brizzle

Hello all, old member with a new-ish profile. Was active from 2015-19, stopped growing in 2019. A few months ago I got the itch, started lurking on all the forums again like I did after starting to grow in 2013, and one thing led to another. I couldn't access my old account, so I just made a new one. Anyway, still had everything cleaned and put away, so I pretty much just had to get soil in getting going again which was nice. I still live in the non legal Lonestar state (fkn dicks), as much as I wanted to upgrade to a bigger tent and all that, I still have to tow the line so I can get everything down asap or find a quick solution otherwise in the event I ever have to. That's part of the reason I stopped growing, last apartment had a lot of maintenance issues so with people in and out at random. This one we moved into in another city last Dec is pretty chill, and actually have to hassle them to get anyone in to do anything honestly. Also I have a closet with a sliding door under the staircase I can just have my tent in without much else, instead of just finding space for it in the past. I would like to upgrade my tent light at some point though at least, until then, just using what have anyway.

Alright, with that out of the way, on to the grow stuff. I'd initially started some bag seed to just dip my toes back in, then I scrapped those after deciding to buy some packs to try to start working on some projects I've been wanting to work on for myself for years, given the space I have of course. The first couple of those will be trying to find some nice Blueberry and Bubblegum flavors, but also chasing Grape, Strawberry, general old school stuff as well in the mix, with some selective chucking along the way. Wasn't sure I was gonna do a journal here but I have been documenting for myself and I'm here at least every couple days reading something anyway. I'm gonna do my best catching up since I started near the beginning of July, which might take several posts.

Grow Spaces:
Tent (1.5’ D x 2.5’ W x 3’ H) – Viparspectra 300 blurple & (DIY Light) HLG 120H-C1400B Meanwell driver + 2 Bridgelux(27E4000-C73) + 1 (35E4000-B73) on heatsinks + Potentiometer for dimming adjustment

Cabinet (10” D x 23” W x 26’’ H interior space)– 8 fixtures/6 in use 5000K 14.5w LED screw in bulbs

Growing in a mixture of Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil, Coco Coir, Vermiculite, Perlite, and since we have a rabbit...figured might as well throw in some poop for natural fertilizer. Feeding with Fish Fertilizer, Cal-Mag, bat guano, Raw potassium, as necessary.

Genetics
AGSeedCo - GDP x NL#5
DJ Short - Blueberry , Came with Copa Genetics - Ancient Chocolate (Chocolope private cut x Ancient OG F2 Purple Stem Male) freebies from DCSE
Fleur du Mal - Indiana Bubblegum , Came with OG mix (mix of 8 different OG x Sweet Tooth or Janis male)
Gorilla Glue #4 IBL from Crested River
Brisco's Bargain Beans - Ripple Red (Grape Pie x Jelly Pie), Came with BBB - Green Acres (Punch Mamba [ Black Mamba x Purple Punch] x Big Smith [Fat Grape Cheese x Agent Orange]) and Copa Genetics - Grape Gold BX1 (Grape Gold x Ancient OG F3) from DCSE
Monkeyman - Bubble Milk #3 & #4 (Bodhi Mothers Milk F2 x BOG Bubblegum) , found both packs on Strainly as a bundle for $25!
Dark Shadow Haze x Blue Ox F2 - from Rare Dankness stock from Herbies several years ago, only had 5 left from this cross I was messing with. Came from a very purple and frosty DSH mother and a super stocky male Blue Ox with heavy pollen production and the fattest leaves I've still ever seen.

Most of these genetics I've purchased over the last few months, and basically planted them in the order acquired.

On to some pics and journal notes. Just wanted to try to answer some of those usual inevitable questions ahead of time.

Jul 02 –
Tent: All Blueberry up from soil. DSH x BO F2 in blue cups started a couple days later so were behind.
2023-07-02.jpg

Jul 08 –
Tent:
Coming along, aside from Blueberry #1 never totally shedding seed during sprout process, resulted in bad set of first leaves. DSHxBO F2 taking a little longer to get going. The other 2 didn't sprout. Forgot to turn off the Viparspectra in this one.
2023-07-08.jpg

Jul 15 –
Tent: Topped all Blueberry plants
Cabinet: Up and running after a couple days working on it. Built a Blynx style fixture, put on a new backing board, did some painting, wired up a couple pc fans.
2023-07-15t.jpg

Jul 21 –
Tent:
All looking great, except Blueberry #1, which was culled. Plant was just getting worse, and discovered it had a terrible root system as well – especially compared to the DSHxBO F2 that was transplanted in it’s place following a lot of progress since the previous week. Did some defoliation.
2023-07-21t.jpg

Jul 24 – Cabinet: GDP x NL5 #1&2, and Indiana Bubblegum #1&2 up from soil. Also had popped another DSH x BO F2, which came up then fizzled out with weird mutant leaves, and some of another cross I'd used the Blue Ox male for with some good unknown bagseed with purple stems I was exploring - I called Underwood after my cat, who liked to eat the leaves. Couldn't get these to pop up even though they are still some hardy, healthy looking beans. Still have a good bunch of those if I ever want to try again.
2023-07-24c.jpg

Jul 29 –
Tent:
2023-07-29t.jpg

Aug 06 –
Tent: Two day prior to this I transplanted GDP x NL5 #1&2 and Indiana Bubblegum #1, moved into tent. Flipped to 11.5 on and 12.5 off flowering schedule. Used to do 12/12 all the time, DJ Short recommends 11/13 for Blueberry...so I picked the middle of that trying it for first time.
2023-08-06t.jpg

Cabinet: Some other things rolling in here
2023-08-06clbl.jpg

Aug 11 –
Tent: Culled Blueberry #2, strange and very tight inter-nodal growth...lagging noticeably behind everything else in tent. Everything else looking great, solid growth and started the stretch off rather well so far. Even the Indiana Bubblegum shorty in the front was making solid progress.
2023-08-11t2.jpg

Cabinet: Topped the existing plants and popped more seeds as indicated
2023-08-11clbl.jpg

More catching up continued in the next post....

brizzle

Aug 14 –
Determined Blueberry #3 and #4 to be male. Both of them very similar in size and structure. Culled #3, kept #4 based on having the edge in overall vigor.
#3 Left and #4 Right
2023-08-14BB3&4males.jpg

Blueberry #3
2023-08-14BB3.jpg

Blueberry #4
2023-08-14BB4-1.jpg

Aug 17–
Determined Blueberry #5&6, DSH x BO F2, and GDP x NL5 #1&2 to be female over last few days. Indiana Bubblegum #1 confirmed male and pulled since my tent focus is on the Blueberry male. Looked pretty good otherwise, shot right up in a short time too.
2023-08-17IBG1male.jpg

2023-08-17IBG1maleclose.jpg

Aug 18–
Tent: Here we are as of yesterday, pretty happy with how everything has worked out so far nearing the end of Week 2 in flower.
2023-08-18tlbl.jpg

Cabinet: Had to do a little defoliation over last couple days and rearrange to my liking, but pretty solid germination happening I must say. Only 1 Ripple Red didn't come up. The Indiana Bubblegum #2 is the only one really with any issue. I upped the feed dosage last watering, maybe I'll transplant and squeeze in the tent but not sure yet. Trying to decide if I want to do a little Solo SOG in this cab and see how much I can cram in here, gotta make sure they're happy in the Solo cups if I'm gonna keep them in them though.
2023-08-18c1lbl.jpg

2023-08-18c2.jpg

Thanks for looking, update in a couple days heading into Week 3 flowering.

brizzle

Aug 21–
Tent: Start of Week 3 flowering. Decided to take them out to look them over, took some individual shots and then one of the tent after I rearranged them a bit. Making progress, things going pretty smooth so far.

Blueberry #4 male - this guy sure came to party...look at those balls.
2023-08-21BB4m2.jpg
2023-08-21BB4m.jpg

Blueberry #5 female
2023-08-21BB5f.jpg

Blueberry #6 female
2023-08-21BB6f.jpg

Dark Shadow Haze x Blue Ox F2 female
2023-08-21DSHxBOf.jpg

GDPxNL5 #1 female
2023-08-21GDPxNL51f.jpg

GDPxNL5 #2 female
2023-08-21GDPxNL52f.jpg

2023-08-21t.jpg

brizzle

Aug 28–
Tent: Start of Week 4 flowering for Blueberry #5 & 6, GDP x NL5 #1&2, and DSH x BO F2. With the Blueberry male continuing to drop pollen, I culled him the day after my last update. In the process I took cuts and blew the excess all over the tent, even dropping directly onto the females, to ensure thorough pollination. Then, I moved those to a separate container to drop where I can more effectively save it for future use. I was also able to arrange things so I could then transplant and move in the GG4 #1&2, and Ancient Chocolate #1&2. At about a week in now, they're starting to stretch. It's a little cramped, but one of the Ancient Chocolate is looking male already, so it'll be fine as room opens back up as expected. Everything overall looking pretty good.
2023-08-28t2.jpg

2023-08-28t.jpg

GDPxNL5 #2
2023-08-28tGDPxNL5#2.jpg

GDPxNL5 #1
2023-08-28tGDPxNL5#1.jpg

Blueberry #6
2023-08-28tBB6.jpg

Blueberry #5
2023-08-28tBB5.jpg

Dark Shadow Haze x Blue Ox F2
2023-08-28tDSHxBOF2.jpg

Cabinet:
With some space opening up, I added in more Bubble Milk 3 and 4. I'm gonna go ahead and do a solo cup round in here focused on Bubblegum, I did put it together to at least try a LED bulb full run. Should be interesting, even if I decide to use it as a veg cab only going forward. Probably going to flip next Sunday evening so I can line up the day mark with the tent...just easier to keep track, with things being different stages as it is, and the new seedlings can get a little further established as well in that time.
2023-08-28c2lab.jpg

2023-08-28c1.jpg

brizzle

Aug 31–
Tent: GG4 1&2 and Ancient Chocolate 1&2 ended up all being male. They were culled on this day and replaced with the OG Mix #1&2 from the cabinet.

GG4 #1 male
2023-08-31tGG4#1male.jpg

GG4 #2 male

2023-08-31tGG4#2male.jpg

Ancient Chocolate #1 male
2023-08-31tAC#1male.jpg

Ancient Chocolate #2 male

2023-08-31tAC#2male.jpg

Sept 4–
Tent: OG Mix #1&2 really taking off in a short period, not quite a full week in, haven't revealed male or female yet. Everything else just doing it's thing, starting to get pretty frosty too.
2023-09-04t.jpg

GDPxNL5 #1
2023-09-04tGDPxNL5#1.jpg

GDPxNL5 #2
2023-09-04tGDPxNL5#2.jpg

Blueberry #5

2023-09-04tBB5.jpg

Blueberry #6
2023-09-04tBB6.jpg

Dark Shadow Haze x Blue Ox F2
2023-09-04tDSHxBOF2.jpg

brizzle

Oct 4

Hello everybody, so I kind of left this thread hanging unintentionally and thought I'd address it before it gets removed or something. Without going into a lot of detail, since about a week before my last update I've been dealing with a lot of personal shit, regarding a separation from someone who decided to bail after 10 years. It is what it is, but my plants ended up suffering as a result unfortunately. I made sure they were watered at least, however, with the combination of my inattentiveness, and the persistent ridiculous heat I'd been regulating before that point...everything just got all burned and dry. I just disgustedly chopped them yesterday. Seems like I've achieved the main goal of making a lot more seeds, based on the couple little buds I tested. I will be back here in a few weeks probably, to start anew and get things rolling again.

piramidon

recidivist icmag - OUT-ist convins - microgrower
Veteran
That's all right brother, it's good to see you back on the dragon. :good:
Best thing in my experience is keeping your hands and mind occupied while betrayal venom is diluted.
What does'n't kill you...
:tiphat: