What's new

My spot got robbed

jedi5891

I also don't understand why the fact that they took easy to carry expensive drugs and seeds makes it an inside job.... you got to be pretty hard up dropping rolling papers in the yard.... my vote goes to tweekers and teenagers equally

Tweaker's would've took the kitchen sink as well mate and anything else not nailed down. Electrical items are easier to sell.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Tweaker's would've took the kitchen sink as well mate and anything else not nailed down. Electrical items are easier to sell.
:yeahthats
And if it was nailed down, they'd get a pry-bar, pry it loose, and steal the nails too. This kind of "robbery" is almost always an inside job. Learning who to trust/not trust can be one of life's hardest lessons. The "robber" was casual enough to be dropping shit in the yard on his way out, probably realized the papers weren't seed packs and tossed them.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since they stole your seeds they're more than likely also growers. Keep a close eye on ALL of your growing friends.

The two friends that you said know you grow should be confronted immediately. If they are close to you...
YOU WILL KNOW if they are lying to you & you should end the relationship w them immediately.

I got robbed last year but I knew who did it as soon as I saw items out of place. I didn't say anything to anybody for a few weeks & my suspect #1 was still asking to come over. He wouldn't leave me be. Dude was bold as fuck.
His friends/family ratted on him, & his accomplices, to me after they found out who I suspected commited the crime. They told me details I didn't know about because the perp has a big ass mouth too. All said n done... I seriously limit the people that are welcome in my home to those that are close & trusted & I have known for more than a couple years.

FUCK the Frienemies!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I was you i'd move. The way you have conducted your life has tipped somebody off.. Somebody wants you to be out of the game for a cycle or two it seems to me.

I'd not call the old bill..

I'd split the eggs into 2 baskets, bury some weed and move after another small harvest..

Is it a rental? Could it be the landlord wants you out?

Tynehead Tom

I see a lot of guys here mentioning dogs.... if you give a shit about your dog, don't force him to him/her to be a grow op watch dog. Thieves have tricks for dogs that kill them in about 30 seconds, or leave them so phucked up it takes hours for a painfull death.

security can be accomplished without putting our canine friends on the front line of defense. Generally when we get rolled for our gardens, it's our own damn fault.
I've had a 10 light house ripped with me in it, held at gunpoint and beaten and stabbed. hehe I'm a fighter LOL
the only person I showed outside of the "family" (our grower group) was my idiot brother. the ripper..... one of his coworkers he shot his mouth off too.

I'd be moving pronto, regardless of cost.

that said, I have 2 huge rottweillers and a wife who survived the streets of sarejevo during the war. I sleep pretty good at night ;)

The Revolution

Veteran
THat sucks brother. I Feel for you. Ive been robbed countless times over the years of growing etc.. Every time it was someone I had invited into my home, or someone that was close to me. Everytime. Its such a dirty feeling when someone has violated your personal space like that, and stolen from you.
DOnt let it get to you.

You cannot fault yourself for this. This is why we keep all of our secrets,secret. PPL knew Ive been growing cannabis since the start nearly 20 years ago. Ive had every property Ive lived on stomped through each season. It wasnt until I stopped inviting ppl in, and they had no idea where I lived, when I started pulling down harvests. I feel for you brother, I lost my seed collection that dated back to the beginning, about 17 years. Ive been growing and breeding since I first was introduced to cannabis. I lost decades of preservation work, and irreplaceable genetics. I knew my seed stash was valuable but I didnt hide it well enough at that moment in time. Hope u figure out who did the dirty work so u can avoid them. I would do as the others say, dont mention a peep. GO about business as usual. U will know when u see this person again who it was by their vibe. If you were growing there, I would agree its not smart to grow their again. If u do, make sure its behind very thick, reinforced doors.

I once had a safe in my room. I weighed it down with steel bars. THe majority of the intererior space was taken up by the steel. Thieves broke in, and worked on that safe for probably hours trying to bust it open. They broke screw drivers, busted the combo knob off it, and damaged it to a point I could barely get into it.. They didnt get anything of value tho. Sorry brother. Good luck with everything.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
get a well trained dog..no tricks are gonna work on my bitch..she wont eat food from strangers either...yeehaw...you get what you pay for ..she is security first pet second...not all dogs are good for protection...good luck to anyone that attempts at getting in my spot they will need it...I have never been robbed and don't ever expect I will...most people cause their own problems..security first always...need to know basis...

Ez Rider

Veteran
get a well trained dog..no tricks are gonna work on my bitch..she wont eat food from strangers either...yeehaw...you get what you pay for ..she is security first pet second...not all dogs are good for protection...good luck to anyone that attempts at getting in my spot they will need it...I have never been robbed and don't ever expect I will...most people cause their own problems..security first always...need to know basis...

Dogs are great for discouraging casual punks, not serious thieves. A well aimed .22 will put down ANY dog quickly and quietly. A friend left a dog similar to yours at his remote grow for "security"...the rippers killed it, 1 shot.

"Need to know" provides more security than dogs, guns, or cameras ever will. Like you say, most people bring it on themselves.