What's new

My soil Mix Opinions Wanted

C

CT Guy

Thanks Sc I will remember i have some soluble kelp now. I ws wondering about ground up seaweed you get at the chinese store.

Totally different way of processing the seaweed, and possibly a different variety. What you want is cold water processed ascophyllum nodosum (N Atlantic Sea Kelp). Let me know if you need other info. or resources.

dirrtyd

Thanks CT I think I have the kelp in order for this year. I have soluble kelp and it has the ingredient that you mention. I'm on the prowl for some kelp meal which I should be able to find in the Bay Area.dirrtyd

C

CT Guy

Kelp meal is relatively easy to source at any local farm or feed store. Good luck!

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Thanks CT I think I have the kelp in order for this year. I have soluble kelp and it has the ingredient that you mention. I'm on the prowl for some kelp meal which I should be able to find in the Bay Area.dirrtyd
There are 'at least' 30 companies selling kelp meal in the San Francisco Bay Area.

At the very least actually.

CC

dirrtyd

Okay I found the kelp meal, crab meal, fishbone meal, and a few other goodies all in one spot. One question can I add in the crabmeal to soil that is already cooking. thanks dirrtyd

tr1ck_

Okay I found the kelp meal, crab meal, fishbone meal, and a few other goodies all in one spot. One question can I add in the crabmeal to soil that is already cooking. thanks dirrtyd

How much longer does the soil have to cook? I see no problem adding it.

dirrtyd

CC Okay I found the kelp meal, crab meal, fishbone meal, and a few other goodies all in one spot. One question can I add in the crabmeal to soil that is already cooking. thanks dirrtyd

C

CC_2U

CC Okay I found the kelp meal, crab meal, fishbone meal, and a few other goodies all in one spot. One question can I add in the crabmeal to soil that is already cooking. thanks dirrtyd
Sure - sprinkle on about 1/4 cup on the top of the soil and cover with an inch or two of compost or EWC and water.

You'll have microbes working on it from top to bottom so to speak. No pun intended - really!

CC_2U

C

CC_2U

BTW - check out Malibu Biodynamic Compost product. I had 2 bags shipped up to me and this is a very nice product. They're out of So-So Cali but have distribution up and down the state.

3 friends and I ordered 4 boards (200 bags) yesterday. Since I had 'the source' I didn't have to pay any freight on my piddly 6 bags. I was touched to the core at their largess.

Phhhhffffffffttttttttttt

CC_2U