What's new

My sog coco beds

sci-fi

Here's a pic of my nute & r/o rez. I set my plumbing up so i can feed via my drip lines or a hose. I also designed it to recirculate for when i mix nutes.

Attachments

• rez1.jpg
    rez1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8

woolybear

Veteran
scifi - cool setup, thanks for the pics! What made you decide to use the tub vs. individual containers? Never seen a tub of coco before!

This is giving me ideas, thanks again for sharing!

sci-fi

A shelf i built for my t5's. Those ladies there are chemvalleykush x c99 from d420. the 2x3's you see i use to adjust up down from the light instead of moving the light. i have a piece of osb i slap on top of them to use as my new floor.

Attachments

• t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 5

NPK

Yeah, I like the modularity of the tubs, too. Thanks for describing your setup! Something to think about for my next one.

sci-fi

scifi - cool setup, thanks for the pics! What made you decide to use the tub vs. individual containers? Never seen a tub of coco before!

This is giving me ideas, thanks again for sharing!

More room for my roots to spread out. It is a pain if you like to lollypop your ladies though hard to get to the back.

Incognegro

Nice!!

I like the neat setup, care to explain your piping? What's the 2nd the left control valve for?

Looks real good man!

sci-fi

yes the modularity is nice. I have done so many different types of system's and i'm really enjoying coco-beds. There low maintence, I can feed organic goodies, roots stay cooler even w/ high temps.

woolybear

Veteran
Your clone setup is sweet as well... are those regular T5s or VHO T5s? Do you have any recommendations for T5 fixtures? I have been thinking about the Quantum T5 BadBoy at $135/4" 4 tubes, what type of price range do you think is reasonable for T5 fixtures?

More room for my roots to spread out. It is a pain if you like to lollypop your ladies though hard to get to the back.

I get it now... the roots all have room to grow together and intermingle... pretty cool!

Incognegro

All T5 setups are too ridiculously over priced to me..

I can build a 6bulb T5 for $110 whereas retailers want much more...

Build it yourself, much cheaper

woolybear

Veteran
All T5 setups are too ridiculously over priced to me..

I can build a 6bulb T5 for $110 whereas retailers want much more...

Build it yourself, much cheaper

Cool, guess I should start googling 'build your ow nt5'... unless you happen to have a handy link?

Incognegro

Lol, well okay, if you're cool with it.

But now that I think about it... i no longer build mine from nothing anymore... I made a deal with a metal fabricator, and can buy reflector setups that include ballasts and all for $100, bulbs cost from $2-$10 a piece, depending on what day it is, and how many I buy at a time lol... so it actually comes out to about $120 sometimes...

Dethclock

Thanx for the tip about those super tubs!I grow in coco,too(Burpees from Lowes)& have been looking for a tray for my HTG 20"x36"x64" tent for awhile now.By cutting off the lip of the super tub w/a utility knife(flipping the tub upside down makes it easy)i now have a custom fit tray that let's me enjoy the ease of passive hydro under a 400w CMH lamp.I have 12 plants in 6" square pots(room for 15 plants now,was using 2 smaller trays that had 6 pots crowded into each).I just mix a gallon or 2 of dechlorinated water w/nutes & pour it in the tray every few days.BTW,the tub was only $10.25@ my local Lowes,but i could only find one!

sci-fi

Another week down.

Attachments

• misc 092.jpg
    misc 092.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 5
  • misc 093.jpg
    misc 093.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 5
  • misc 091.jpg
    misc 091.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 5