What's new

My plants are way to big! Help please

Hi guys,

I have been vegging my plants for what seems like an eternity. I have been trying to get my minisplit AC unit hooked up but it just isn't working. Keeps throwing a P4 error code. FACK!

Anyways my vegging plants are almost already at the ceiling. What can I do so when I put them in flower they wont be too big and touch the lights?

Any suggestions? THanks

B

BasementGrower

depending on how stretchy they are.. I cut or.. u can LST. or just fuckin honestly pinch and bend it so the plants growing sideways. and the rest of the plant will grow up..

I tried one time the N bend.. on really tall plants.. I lollipoped them.. then bent them slowly over like a week. doing 1 bend at a time.. until the plant looked like an N and was like 2 feet shorter.. it was a little weird.. and shit.. but it worked.. just gota make sure u soften the stem or else ull snap the main cola and have issues. I ended up taking mad clones and tossing the mother.. but it lived for a while.. jammin

D

DJXXPLATINUM

BEND AND TIE EM SIDEWAYS..I HAD A TRAINWRECK THAT WAS ALL OVER THE ROOM...DJ

what they said! i had a plant in my greenhouse that just fell over. by the time i found it a couple days later everything had started growing straight up just like you want. left it that way. i would just suggest you trim everything off the back half facing the floor.

Cut everything back heavily up to 1 week before 12/12. The more time you give them before the switch, to heal-up, the better off they will be.

coldcanna

Veteran
what they said! i had a plant in my greenhouse that just fell over. by the time i found it a couple days later everything had started growing straight up just like you want. left it that way. i would just suggest you trim everything off the back half facing the floor.

I agree.... Went out to check my outdoor plants today and they must have fallen over sometime this week, the plants just kept growing while laying sideways on the ground and I ended up with a few growing horizontally. I think it'd be cool to transplant the root ball into a separate pot keeping the stem horizontal and basically started out with them already trained. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Lay the plants down horizontally carefully .. get a box cutter and cut holes into top side of the containers so you can water them.

other options .. take them outside or cut the hell out of them ...

B

BasementGrower

I have put a screen up.. and then individually dragged each plant under.. and bend them down.. and then from there filled the screen.. .. all depends on what u want to do .. and how much work u want to put in.. I did half room trellis.. half LST.