What's new

My own reviews of Strain Hunters from GH

E

elmanito

We have to be carefull with the old landraces and not bringing the western genetics to areas where they grow landraces for centuries.I've respect for the Danish which kept for decades some landraces pure instead of crossing it with skunk or haze and lose the pure genetics, like the Dutch did.Even the Oldtimers Haze is hard to find in NL.

I don't know if they really gonna bring fem.seeds to Malawi.If so than he is doing the same as Monsanto.They brought GMO corn to Mexico and genetic pollution of beautifull corn races is now going on.So i hope he is not doing the same thing.

Namaste :canabis:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
If ghs gave them farmers fem seeds it would be like the white man giveing the flue to the indians in the amazon it would basicly wipe there lines out in no time.

And im sure the farmers there have done fine by there local lines after all how long have they had them growing bet a lot longer than the modern seed biss has been running some times the best thing you can do when you viset places like that is leve as you found it and take your rubbish away with you.

Haha...well, put. "Hi...we're white people and we're going to teach you ignorant savages how to grow the stuff you've been growing for thousands of years Then, we'll teach you how to use bubblebags. Oh wait, first you have to buy a freezer to make ice. We have some factories that you can work in to earn money to afford the freezers. We also have some lovely seed catalogues so you can learn to grow generic Dutch indica...you'll feel like you just swallowed several thorzine capsules but, hey, it's what all the kids are getting stoned on AND it really increases your production turn and around. And don't forget...wink...Time is money. So start working, DAMNIT!!!!"

Nugz

elmanito said:
We have to be carefull with the old landraces and not bringing the western genetics to areas where they grow landraces for centuries.I've respect for the Danish which kept for decades some landraces pure instead of crossing it with skunk or haze and lose the pure genetics, like the Dutch did.Even the Oldtimers Haze is hard to find in NL.

I don't know if they really gonna bring fem.seeds to Malawi.If so than he is doing the same as Monsanto.They brought GMO corn to Mexico and genetic pollution of beautifull corn races is now going on.So i hope he is not doing the same thing.

Exactly what I was thinking, but I was relating it to what Monsanto did here in Brazil with soy crops not too long ago, intrpducing genetically modified soy beans (although illegal at the time!!!). :nono: With their money and lobby power, in the end the government allowed their bullshit soy beans illegally grown to be harvested and sold in the open market. Not sure what is happening with that at the moment.

Now the only thing left is for GHSCo to charge "royalties" over the crops produced :nono: !!! :bashhead:

:violin:

mayan said:
Haha...well, put. "Hi...we're white people and we're going to teach you ignorant savages how to grow the stuff you've been growing for thousands of years Then, we'll teach you how to use bubblebags. Oh wait, first you have to buy a freezer to make ice. We have some factories that you can work in to earn money to afford the freezers. We also have some lovely seed catalogues so you can learn to grow generic Dutch indica...you'll feel like you just swallowed several thorzine capsules but, hey, it's what all the kids are getting stoned on AND it really increases your production turn and around. And don't forget...wink...Time is money. So start working, DAMNIT!!!!"

Another time...thats so true....

Is this thread become...

Skunk#1 or the Mosanto of weed ?

I'm just kiding

lol

When I've been in africa and south east asia I had access to many seed who were in the weed I smoked....at that time I was not really interrest about growing....

Sometime theres some bad timing ...:badday:

But now I have few friend traveling around the world...hope they will not forget me ... lol ... i'm waiting for some north india seed....had received some from Burma but most of them were hermie or male....some of my friend have some mexican seed...the bushiest seed plant ever seen ! but never tried to flow them for now....

mmm so many thing to discover... :joint:

Respect diversity !!!!

Dont worry everyone....I dont have any skunk#1 mother :muahaha: :muahaha:

E

elmanito

I've seen the movie again.Sending fem.seeds to Malawi so they can be uplifting their social standard.Its better to send pure cow manure or other organic fertilizers in pelletform so they don't have to cut down everytime part of the rainforest to plant a new field of Malawi gold.

Sure i know that to avoid arrest by the police they are moving, but for a better yield you can better send organic fertilizer than fem.seeds.

I ask myself during the last episode of the movie if it is so amazing to find a plant with a pineapple aroma instead of a woody one.One of my Yunnan strains has an orange/mandarin aroma.Big deal!!!

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
I give them credit for making a film that attempts to show a passion for cannabis which is unlike any other cannabis films that are of the "half-baked" variety. Even if it is an infomercial it is a step in a better direction. I would be interested to know if this film is being marketed in the US since GH is very anti-US when it comes to seeds.

A

Azeotrope

Anyone buying fem seeds is a total looser that is supporting a destructive practice and supporting idiots that make them. Genetic diversity is critical and some of the greatest crosses waiting to be made are waiting to come out of some freezer seed stash.

Fem seeds are for posers and lazy FUCKS!!!! Fem seed producers should be boycotted!!!

E

elmanito

3dDream said:
I would be interested to know if this film is being marketed in the US since GH is very anti-US when it comes to seeds.

GH is not anti-US but the Dutch government had signed a treaty with the Bush-administration years ago that allow them to prosecute a Dutch citizen when this citizen has broken the US Narcotic law such as sending dope, fertile Cannabis seeds etc to the US.

Weedninja

I just watched the entire "documentary". I tried to sit through it with an open mind. I'll try not to get into the landrace purity subject, since it's already been covered.

Here are some of my thoughts on it:
1 The entire film is boring as hell, except for maybe part 4.

2 Nice titties, Arjan. Are you eating Franco's lunch at work?

3 Why is a plant that smells like pineapple the Holy Grail?

4 +rep for the guy that gave them the Toyota Corolla and the guys that made them march through the jungle to find an empty field at the other end.

5 It's funny that Arjan assumes that it's all about the money to the farmers. They are barely making ends meet and yet they still take the time to produce a quality product.

Arjan look like a british explorer 200 years ago....

Let the black guy carying the equipment

give some shit to the black guy who did not found what they were looking for

Minimize the science (knowledge) the black guy could have because the european know the real thing

Missunderstanding the reality of the black guy life...and doesn't care much about that

Trying to sell to the black guy, something he doesn't really need....creating need, means creating customer

*EDIT* I forgrot....taking the black guy ressource to bring it in europe ... and making cash with it....and let the black guy in his reality

Thank Arjan for this Documentary ...full of compassion !

I'm going right now buying some of your fem seed !!! ... lol...no...just kidding

--------------

I Dont know if this thread could survive in the GH section ?

Peace

Last edited:

Weedninja

I noticed all of that, too. The only thing he was missing was a safari hat and a throne attached to poles so the natives could carry him. He is the King of Cannabis, after all.

Weedninja said:
He is the King of Cannabis, after all.

Yea right, the self proclame King of Cannabis ...

Anyway the absolute goal for a King...is to let the people work...and take the result...

Franco...if your not full of sh*t like the people think....let Arjan alone and make your own buiseness....its must be weird to take the credit of Shanti and Neville work..oups I'm going out from the subject

Peace, Pot and Rock and Roll

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Once you have wasted 45 minutes on a comercial you might want to take five minutes to learn something about the country.

CIA world factbook offsite link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mi.html

Looks like dutch genetics are low down on their list of priorities and growing weed to replace a dwindling tobacco market will help turn another country into a gangsters paradise.

This is already one of the poorest countries in Africa but still relatively stable.

I support a charity working out there since it was called Nyasaland and this kind of thing sickens me on several different levels.

E

elmanito

It was better if "the king of Cannabis" himself had shown a movie about Malawi Gold a la Sir David Attenborough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuFyqzerHS8.The life cycle of Malawi Gold, one of the extraordinary sativas in the world.This advert movie of 45 minutes gives no information at all about Malawi Gold, only an expression of new born imperialism in the spirit of the Dutch VOC (Dutch East Indies Company). A pity!!!

ndnguy

marijuanamat said:
What i don't get is why they'd tell the malawi growers to use only the seeds from 1 plant for next seasons crop.
Yeah thats all they need a couple of indoor growers who have grown hybrids most of their lives tellin these growers who have had knowledge passed down for century's how to grow malawi bud and cure it right how to change all that and for just a few dollars they will bring back some Femmed seed. Their arrogance and ego's astound me. :rant:

ndnguy said:
Yeah thats all they need a couple of indoor growers who have grown hybrids most of their lives tellin these growers who have had knowledge passed down for century's how to grow malawi bud and cure it right how to change all that and for just a few dollars they will bring back some Femmed seed. Their arrogance and ego's astound me. :rant:

Totaly right !

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
take this hammer
brims like SILVER
take it to the KING (captain)
tell him I´m gone

Show your gold herb...
If you can´t get a good colombian,a good Malawi should do the trick :rasta:
It´s got that peppery taste and gets you high like an eagle