What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My newly amended holes turned to mud after rain..

Qatman

I am new to outdoor gardening.

So I dug holes in beautiful brown loamy,kind of Sandy native soil. I amended with some vermicompost and composted wood that I got from the forest. And some organic nute granuels.

It rained this afternoon, some scattered thunderstorms and my holes are now liquified.. the holes that I didn't build up into a mound are now a gelatinous goop. The mounded over holes are still nice. I guess the water drained off them.

I thought this dirt drained good. It does.. but it's kinda sandy. Maybe it sucks. Should I build all of my holes up into a mound? Should I add something else to it?

Does it hurt plants to sit in mud after a rain, until it drains off? How long will it take to kill them?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
like others, and yourself said, mound the others up. on a side note since your new to outdoor, prolly bit late now but I amend my outside holes a couple weeks before putting the plants in, so the animals will fuck with it before the plants are there.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
like others, and yourself said, mound the others up. on a side note since your new to outdoor, prolly bit late now but I amend my outside holes a couple weeks before putting the plants in, so the animals will fuck with it before the plants are there.

Great post.
I learned the hard way. Lost a few plants last year to some unknown critter that pulled plants to get crab meal.

Latest posts

Latest posts