What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My new vert Setup

Im assuming you got those "T's" coming out of the bottom of the bucket at home depot right? If so could you give me an exact product name, or tell me exactly where i can find it. (whether its a physical store or an online store with a link)

The reason being that ive been trying to find a cheap way to do just that for a while now. The cheapest way ive found has been with boating hullthroughs and they cost llike $5 a piece on ebay. Also how did you seal up around the edges? Does the seal hold?

D

DonkDBZ

I used a 1/2 male adaptor a piece of 1/2" around 1 1/2"'s long and a pvc T. I only used the T since I had no couplings laying around. My women has been getting pissed at all the crap I have bought for growing in the past year and am not using. So I am try to make do with what is in the garage.

For example the only thing I bought to make my screens was the mesh. I did not glue em together either that way I can take apart the fittings and reuse em as needed. If the fiting is loose a lil tape will take care of that. I put a T on the top the screen for expansion if I let my girls get to tall. Those frame pieces where used before on these frames.

D

DonkDBZ

I made pic for drain

glue small piece of pipe to threaded male. drill 7/8 inch hole shove pipe through hole make sure there is only enough pipe on other side so when u glue the coupling on it will press tight to bucket. apply glue and coupling bam your done. u can use thread cap if needed. a male fitting and coupling run you about 75 cents

I used a bunch glue on both sides of bucket. if you are really worried put some silicone too after glue dry's

grouchy

Looks like some nice work you have going there. Good way to use your space and bulb efficiently. I will have to follow this one for sure!

Dank-j

Impressive setup you got rolling Donk, I am lovin the line about you getting your way when you told your ol lady she would be limited to an 8th a week. Classic!

*mistress*

Veteran
Ok for my room

5' deep 5'3"wide 8' tall
gonna run one 600watt digital bare bulb

intake is 3 8" ducts run off custom filter box I made.
filter is 10"x25" one from home depot actually filer area is 9x23
so that gives me 200inches of intake on filter and 150inches on duct.

Exhaust is 8" valueline 750cfm blowing into a can filter

My goal is 6 girls 4oz's each they are gonna be hand watered on my homemade lazy susan.

My girls are 4 Jock Horrors and 2 C-99's in 4gallon coco. Right now they are in my old veg room.

How much taller before I flip? to get my 4 oz goal? I am gonna make my screen and move em to finish vegging vertically here in a couple days.

Will vegging with my 600watt hps be ok? I would like to keep using my 400w cmh but it's horizotal only
:lurk:
:yes:
nice...
can determine when to flower not by how tall they get, but by the roots coming out of the bottom of the top bucket.

also, can start training now. since using screen, pretty easy... pinch off all inner nodes except the terminal flowers. lots of inner growth on last sets of pics.
not fan leaves of the little tips - just the pale green growing tips. of all the nodes closest to the stem.
the branches furthest from the screen could be staked too... all the branches could be staked. this would give only terminal buds thru screen & max support for 1+# wet plant. all other growing tips eliminated.
can also eliminate elongated shoots that are not densely noded.
mh during veg seems during veg, even when mixed w/ hps, seems to provide denser nodal spacing. zig-zagging. not elongation of 100% hps.

could turn on both 600+400) for 24/7... in 1 week (or less, from where you are now)... they will be trained (if thin, prune, train daily...) ready for flower. goal is very reachable +

enjoy your garden!

D

DonkDBZ

Well gave the girls a lot of hacking past week they are recovering nice now.

Before I set room up I was planing for horizontal scrog so I topped my girls a bunch. So now they don't wanna grow taller the wanna grow taller they want to grow sideways. To fix this last week I hacked there backsides and thinned em out. No grow for a couple days then blam they took off again. So I chopped the tips off all the lower banches and they grew a few inches taller.

they are around 21-24"s taller each now which means I have 18 square feet of canopy which is double typical 3x3 so time to seal up my light leaks and flip em in a couple days. I would like em to get 30+inches taller but because of how I topped em and stupid hps. Its not really worth it. Next round I will replace my horizontal CMH with Vert one and I will prune tips of lower branches to get em taller faster. No topping.

Temps 60-65 lights off and 74-79 lights on. Water one quart each daily. My nute blend gives me 129N 102P 123K 55mg 84+Ca(unsure cause Tiger bloom does not give Ca on bottle). I will drop the N down and have my raito more like Head's after 2nd week of flower. I am using mix of Fox Farm, Botanicare and House and Garden nutes just cause I have em and don't want em to go to waste. I am gonna get a bottle of GH bloom and micro and use on 2 of the Jock's when I flip. I have been curious if you can just take whatever nutes you got(like I am doing) and use the PremixPPM calculator to make a good ratio vs GH bloom/micro to do a lucas type method.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up Donk?

How's the project goin?

I'm a few weeks behind you in a similar grow.

D

DonkDBZ

Did not update cause there was not much to see while I finished up vegg.

Now week one of flower is done I did not let any growth through the screens. On day 8 I pulled each girl out and weaved branches through the screen. here are the pics after I was done.

I planed to weave em on day 7 but power was out. So hopefully 36hours of darkness did not cause any problems. Day 9 I hacked a bunch of the branches that did not make it through the screen. Today Day10 the plants are perked back up.

Because I topped my girls for originally planned flat run they did not get tall as I would have liked. My canopy is 24"tall with screens round 20" back from bulb and actually topps around 18" away. Hopefully most of the stretch is done cause I cannot back em away anymore.

D

DonkDBZ

Oh yeah a few days before I flipped I switch 2 of the Jock Horrors to Head style General Hydroponics. 6 micro 9 flora with sweet added to give me 97N 60P 107K 63Mg 57S 97Ca.

My other 2 Jock Horrors are my custom blend giving 87N 81P 106K 54MG 18S 87Ca. The Ca and S on my blend is probable a lil more cause some of the nutes did not put the amount on the bottle.

My custom blend is Botanicare Fox Farm and House & Garden.

Growth is pretty much the same on all 4. Hopefully in a couple weeks I will get to see how plants react to chem vs semi-organic with adatives.

D

DonkDBZ

interesting set up like what you said to the wife 1/8 glad your still with us.

Still here still reading and planning out my next run. I am gonna try to get rid of my 1000 watter and get another 600 for round 2. Debating on 3 or 4 rows of 6 or 8 plants per. One factor is how many clones I can get from my new P-91's girls I picked up. Number 2 is what size pots and having some spare money to build stands.

Okiedope

looking great man. i really like your setup. i'm hoping to try something like this when i start up again next year. i'll def be keeping an eye on this one!

D

DonkDBZ

Day 14 or 15 I think

So far with my general hydro vs custom organic hydro blend is pretty much the same. The girls have seemed to stop stretching toward the light. So I think my timing on shoving em through the screens was pretty decent.