What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My many designs and experiments.

Killkingkong

I doubt I'll start posting a ton here. I tend not to post much anywhere. But posting through all my mistakes as I figured out solutions was definitely beneficial back in the day. And there's no gaurantee ICMag will last forever. When I was like 17, before I smoked, I built my first grow box from a speaker for a HS friend. Back then there was a site I think it was overgrow, maybe something else, that was raided. I looked around and found this site and I've seen it grow and I've seen it decline. My sole purpose of creating a youtube is to promote my business and indirectly make money off of my video by demostrating how effective at growing my grow boxes and system can be. I see no in direct way to make money from icmag. paying them for advertising would be direct.

Anyway, here are the last 1 boxes I built in a new smaller form factor after taking my bigger boxes to grow shops, dispensaries and smoke shops one thing I heard multiple times was that the boxes were a little too big and bulky. I now make the boxes myself instead of buying a premade cabinet so I changed the dimensions and the thickness of the wood to make a much more portable grow box. the new dimensions are 2'x1'1'. With the right skills I think people can get 2-3oz from these boxes, if they follow my system that's very possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_180235873_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220614_180235873_HDR.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20220614_180223115_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220614_180223115_HDR.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20220614_180241663_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220614_180241663_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20220614_180246572_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220614_180246572_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 114

xet

I doubt I'll start posting a ton here. I tend not to post much anywhere. But posting through all my mistakes as I figured out solutions was definitely beneficial back in the day. And there's no gaurantee ICMag will last forever. When I was like 17, before I smoked, I built my first grow box from a speaker for a HS friend. Back then there was a site I think it was overgrow, maybe something else, that was raided. I looked around and found this site and I've seen it grow and I've seen it decline. My sole purpose of creating a youtube is to promote my business and indirectly make money off of my video by demostrating how effective at growing my grow boxes and system can be. I see no in direct way to make money from icmag. paying them for advertising would be direct.

Anyway, here are the last 1 boxes I built in a new smaller form factor after taking my bigger boxes to grow shops, dispensaries and smoke shops one thing I heard multiple times was that the boxes were a little too big and bulky. I now make the boxes myself instead of buying a premade cabinet so I changed the dimensions and the thickness of the wood to make a much more portable grow box. the new dimensions are 2'x1'1'. With the right skills I think people can get 2-3oz from these boxes, if they follow my system that's very possible.
I am interested in similar DIY innovations as you.

Take a look at these cobs :smoker:

Killkingkong

I am interested in similar DIY innovations as you.

Take a look at these cobs :smoker:

cool, I haven't done cob math in years. the SiLs make setting up things so simple. The inverse square law really gets a lot of those SiLs. if things get to close or hot, just switch out the 14w bulbs for 9w ones.

I just read your post. your driver is capable 'up to 708w' if your cob is rated 27v and only pulls 5a you'll be using far less than that 708w. to get the cob to run higher you would have to raise the voltage which automatically raises the amp draw. Any why are you using 240v if you're in america?

Last edited:

xet

cool, I haven't done cob math in years. the SiLs make setting up things so simple. The inverse square law really gets a lot of those SiLs. if things get to close or hot, just switch out the 14w bulbs for 9w ones.

I just read your post. your driver is capable 'up to 708w' if your cob is rated 27v and only pulls 5a you'll be using far less than that 708w. to get the cob to run higher you would have to raise the voltage which automatically raises the amp draw. Any why are you using 240v if you're in america?
My project is for photosynthetic research. Each Cob consists of 708 individual 1w chips powered by a 750w driver with an output current of 27.8 amps.

I don't understand your question.

Killkingkong

My project is for photosynthetic research. Each Cob consists of 708 individual 1w chips powered by a 750w driver with an output current of 27.8 amps.

I don't understand your question.
What is the rated voltage of those chips and how many do you plan on running in parallel and series? And my question is why are you talking about using 240v in your thread if you're in america. 750w isn't enough to stray away from the standard 120v. in the US 240v is reserved for high power devices, like washers and dryers. Lost of industries use 240v, but that's because they have a lot of high power equipment.

xet

What is the rated voltage of those chips and how many do you plan on running in parallel and series? And my question is why are you talking about using 240v in your thread if you're in america. 750w isn't enough to stray away from the standard 120v. in the US 240v is reserved for high power devices, like washers and dryers. Lost of industries use 240v, but that's because they have a lot of high power equipment.
lol

Three Berries

I got a 240v light set up. Uses a 12A 120v>240v power supply. Ordered 220v lights by mistake and it only got worse from there. Sitting in a box now. :(

Reactions: xet

Killkingkong

I got a 240v light set up. Uses a 12A 120v>240v power supply. Ordered 220v lights by mistake and it only got worse from there. Sitting in a box now. :(
Ah, so a mistake. I've done a ton of experimenting with DIY cobs and at this point I just care about the results. SiLs will give great results with much less work, you just have to get them close enough to use the inverse square law. the inverse square law is the principle that when you decrease the distance from a light source by 1/2 that light source becomes 4x more bright, not 2x. light bulbs are measured by 12inches/1foot away, at 6 inches the light is 4x more powerful, at 3 inches it's 4x more powerful again (so 16x more powerful than the original 12inch distance) I think that on the first page of blinx's SiL thread. I think i remember learning about that there. Anyway, K.I.S.S.

brickweeder

Many current power supplies can accept input voltages ranging from 90 to 240v....maybe check the driver inside your light, and if it does, then it may be just a matter of swapping out the plug.

Three Berries

Many current power supplies can accept input voltages ranging from 90 to 240v....maybe check the driver inside your light, and if it does, then it may be just a matter of swapping out the plug.
The lights were only $8 each. Just a 80w strip and a reflector. Ran hot as heck so I got some fans. I did try plugging into 120v and they were quite dim. They are the pink FS leds. Two in the tent would be OK from what I know now.

It was my first tent and first time with the lights and first all rainwater soil grow.

80w 220v led.jpg

Last edited:

brickweeder

The lights were only $8 each. Just a 80w strip and a reflector. Ran hot as heck so I got some fans. I did try plugging into 120v and they were quite dim. They are the pink FS leds. Two in the tent would be OK from what I know now.

It was my first tent and first time with the lights and first all rainwater soil grow.

View attachment 18723178
IC, they are using an integrated driver in the LED strip...SOL I reckon, unless you run them off of your AC circuit.

plutiot

Yeah, I ordered 3 times from the seed boutique. I killed my first 2 orders, and never got the 3rd. So I gave up on buying genetics for the time being lol. The pineapple express that I got some of the bag seeds from was pretty decent (It had a chemical taste though) so hopefully those 2 plants will flourish. I think I might use the PC for those 2 and put the rest in the bucket to grow.

So to stay true to the thread title, here's a portable air freshener that I built. It's a cup with holes drilled into it for ventilation. On the inside are water absorbing crystals (they're can also be used in your grow medium to decrease your watering amounts). For my freshener I pure a diluted mixture of ONA on the crystals so they absorb the smell. The fan pushes the smell around the room. I stole this idea from a thread I saw on here a few years ago, I just made it "portable".

I want to point out that i don't actually use this to stop the grow smell, but rather because I smoke a ton of cigars throughout the day and hate my room smelling like cigars.
ahhh man thats hilarious, i do been doing the almost exact same thing but i put ice in it on some days early veg-bloom, it has a hole in a perfect heigth to blow a sligth cool breeze under my plants. nowa-days it seems to be totally perfect temprature and humidity wise without, but my air system isnt working like hoped it would (god damn closet have no negative pressure) so this could come in handy

Latest posts

Latest posts