What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Little Greenhouse 2014

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Today I found three ChemD X (Trip X BB) sprouts :woohoo:

In 2012 I grew some Trip X BB seeds I got from seedbay. I only got 3 to sprout, 2 were female and one was male. I saved his pollen in the refrigerator.

This year (Jan/Feb) I used the pollen I saved on a selected branch of this ChemD cutting.

picture.php

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Here are my NEW babies!!! 8^)

ChemD X (Trip X BB)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Look at that moss Greyskull! I'm tropical too!!! :dance013:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Well the damn grasshoppers came back and ate the head off one of my new sprouts... This means war!!!

I sprayed Bayer on the walkways and interior edges of the greenhouse, none in the planter beds.

picture.php

I sprayed Take Down on the plants.

picture.php

picture.php

And sprinkled Safer Diotomaceous Earth all over the rest of the planter beds around the plants.

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
While I was on my killing spree I found some time to get a few caged weed shots lol These are from this evening/night :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

doublejj

Veteran
Very nice, your greenhouse looks a lot like the ones I build out of carport frames. They work great! Good luck

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Good Morning Greenhouse Growers! :coffee:

I want to say a special thank you to the heads that quietly mentioned earwigs. :tiphat:

I'm not 100% sure what was munching but the kill'em all approach worked well hahaha :shooty:

Here is a little Bogglegum that decided it's time to branch out :dunno:

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I need to pull some weeds, but other than that, it's another beautiful morning in So Cal.

I still have to plant the 4th planter bed, I have the new set of seeds germinating now. The bugs ate 4 of the 12 ChemD X (trip X BB) seedling heads off, the survivors will be going into the cage now, I needed 12...

picture.php

Leda Uno Bed

picture.php

picture.php

KC33 Bed

picture.php

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
I like the just watered look better LOL :biggrin:

I figured I should, the last time I watered them was on the 11th lol :watchplant:

As they get bigger, I'll be able to water about twice a month. I always wondered how they grow fields of pot in such dry looking places and I feel clay soil is teaching me :plant grow:

picture.php

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Hello einsteinlady :wave:

These are "regular" seeds (male/female), I hope to get 50/50 male/female. I am planting 12 plants per bed in hope to get 4 to 6 females per bed (less or more is ok they get huge July/August and will fill in any empty spots).

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Nolo Bait... I'll have to look that up...

Right now only these two Leda uno rows are still being attacked :dueling:

picture.php

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
New pictures of the beds from today

Leda Uno

picture.php

Bogglegum

picture.php

KC33

picture.php

Newly planted bed 4 with seed stock given to me by a friend from up north who has been working with these outdoors for a very long time

picture.php

:wave:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Some pictures of the purple Leda Uno :peacock:

I topped it today, so lets hope the branches keep the pretty colors :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php